[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

14F27 worked with Clean Install and 14F6a worked with just replacing kernel. 

Clean Install with or without exchange of kext drivers, meant

Hello guys! I was absent for couple weeks, because I had some problems with my motherboard, and unfortunately my motherboard died, so I bought new one (Asus M5A78L-M LX3 - which works great by the way, it is much stable and compatible) and I have test the new kernel of bronya 10.10.3 rc1. And works with no problems, thanks again bronya! I was testing it with Clover 3241.

p.s. for now I can't test 10.10.5 because I have not much time, when I will have some time, I will test it!)

post-1484325-0-97587700-1440919985_thumb.png

post-1484325-0-96312300-1440921259_thumb.png

Which kernel are u using for 10.10.5? I also have m5a97 r2.0 with fx 8350

Gils used the last kernel of Bronya ... go back to the page, then you will find.

Facing same issue trying to boot system with VMWare. I'm trying to isolate the kexts that cause the issue unless its kernel related  :rofl:

OS X Test-2015-08-30-21-42-07.png

Edit: Out of curiosity can someone on an Intel rig try booting 10.10.5 with Bronya's latest kernel?

• Like 1

Facing same issue trying to boot system with VMWare. I'm trying to isolate the kexts that cause the issue unless its kernel related  :rofl:

Edit: Out of curiosity can someone on an Intel rig try booting 10.10.5 with Bronya's latest kernel?

Same issues with my AMD patched kernel & Bronya on Intel running 10.10.5.  Test data suggest that the problems are outside of the kernel.  It seems that Apple has found ways to invalidate binary signing on 10.10.5 system running AMD patched kernel.

• Like 1

Hello Bronya! I have a little report, I had some problems in video playback on youtube, it was out of sync, and I tried to switch to previous kernel versions (with Spakk advice here), I've tried your rc7 kernel and Tora Chi Yo 8N kernel modified by spakk and there was no problem. This problem occur only with your 10.10.3 rc1 kernel and only in safari.

update: also tried new kernel by y2k4u 10103R2, it's wonderful, thanks, very good job! And of course no youtube issues! But only one thing, bus freq is not correct when boot, there are screenshots:

post-1484325-0-34028400-1441062515_thumb.png

post-1484325-0-66849100-1441062516_thumb.png

y2k4u,for "makedef" this right ! )))

Hi ! 

Test kernel10.10.3_rc1 ! Created 25 aug ! ))

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10.3_rc1.zip

P.S, in bootloader i added pseudo code "disable c1e" if in bios enabled c1e! I tested  - this now works sound without squeaks finally !

Please TEST sound with  this boot_c1e_amd ! This version 2715 ! Only beta ! )

attachicon.gifboot_c1e.zip

or 

attachicon.gifboot_c1e_rc1.zip

May I please know the difference between c1e and c1e_rc1? thanks a lot

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tested this kernel/boot on Yosemite .4? which chameleon version are you using? Thanks a lot

Hey Guys ... long time no see . :D ..  FYI today I did update combo 10.10.5 unfortunately I can't reach to desktop just stuck likes shanee post in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-74?do=findComment&comment=2164539.. tried with bronya kernel 10.10.3 rc2, y2k4u 10.10.3r2 with combination Pthread kexts or not, boot with chameleon and clover still get that stuck ..

??

no problem with Safari , just 3 appli crash (Parallels/vmware/MplayerX)  but ......  :worried_anim:

No, safari is not crashing, it's working well! Just this sound delay when watching videos on youtube - that's all! And i've tested again bronya rc7, and the problem back. So I switched to y2k4u kernel, with that kernel no youtube problem, as with 8N kernel.

No, safari is not crashing, it's working well! Just this sound delay when watching videos in youtube - that's all! And i've tested again bronya rc7, and the problem back. So I switched to y2k4u kernel, with that kernel no youtube problem, as with 8N kernel.

Hi! You tried my bootloader with c1e ?

Not yet, but I will try, when I get home... And still, I need Colover Bootloader.

update: I think I just figure out why it was happening, since I don't have "C1E Support/Enhanced Halt" option in my bios, i have switched "Core C6 State" from auto to disabled. And then that sound delay on youtube was gone. Thank you Bronya for getting me to right direction!)

My CPU Config menu in bios:

post-1484325-0-72402800-1441143034_thumb.png

Edited by ImmortalSoulL
  • Like 1

Not yet, but I will try, when I get home... And still, I need Colover Bootloader.

update: I think I just figure out why it was happening, since I don't have "C1E Support/Enhanced Halt" option in my bios, i have switched "Core C6 State" from auto to disabled. And then that sound delay on youtube was gone. Thank you Bronya for getting me to right direction!)

My CPU Config menu in bios:

no , C6State enable ;)

HPET is enable ? 

:)

look and listen small video , no problem synchro audio/video ;)   http://www.sendbox.fr/15685a2ed5dc7531/Archive.zip

cool n'Quiet = enable

C1E = enable

C6State = enable 

and use voodooPstate + PstateMenu

works good 10.10.5 with kernel Bronya 14.3

and flag : fsb=200 Mhz

so after a long pause, without a runnable hackintosh and without my real Mac, I rise with the new kernel based on recent kernel. Please test if everything works.

no works spakk :(  idem 

ps : no change iokit ;) 

post-1093405-0-62704100-1441148803_thumb.png

@Gils, hmm .. with my hackintosh, the kernel boots normally. :)

Edit:

Now I check that with Clean install 10.10.5 Build 14F27a, and check what I have to adjust everything so that 14F27a works.

I think, this is a wrong perception, but no matter, I test it.

Edited by spakk