Duran Keeley

[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

1,946 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Bronya, the kernel works only with FX-CPU? or to other AMD CPUs?

With r1 i used these kernel flags : -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 UseKernelcache=No GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1.It did not work at first (it's going to restart while booting).I added fsb=200 busratio=17 flags with macdrive pro 9 from windows.After that i boot my yosemite with -x and it worked. Now i am using kernel r2 and boot file without fsb=200 busratio=17 flags.It's working :)

Edit:Please make disk permission verify with disk utility app and boot with -x fsb=200 busratio=17 at first boot,it must works 

hello ,

bios UEFI ? 

Try kernel.10.10.5_rc3 ! Enabled ring0 in kernel. 

If problem reboot , problem boot , need new version boot =)). 

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10.5_rc3.zip

:)

works good Bronya :)

post-1093405-0-05746500-1446672695_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-58305800-1446672724_thumb.png

Try kernel.10.10.5_rc3 ! Enabled ring0 in kernel. 

If problem reboot , problem boot , need new version boot =)). 

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10.5_rc3.zip

My shutdown and reboot are working much better now. Will test sleep out and let you know. System is running really well :)

Edit: Sleep sort of works. It sleeps and wakes but still issues with my Windows drive on wake. The drive is being ejected somehow :(

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 13.14.28.png

So, Bronya, Howdy.

Your kernel_10.10.5_rc1 works on the Haswell i5 4570 cpu mounted in a MSI H81M -E33 Motherboard for Intel cpus.

Booted using Clover UEFI  latest version.

And does speed-stepping just fine. And 4 levels of overclocking.

Great job. Thought you would like to know. :thumbsup_anim:

So, Bronya, Howdy.

Your kernel_10.10.5_rc1 works on the Haswell i5 4570 cpu mounted in a MSI H81M -E33 Motherboard for Intel cpus.

Booted using Clover UEFI  latest version.

And does speed-stepping just fine. And 4 levels of overclocking.

Great job. Thought you would like to know. :thumbsup_anim:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't need s kernel for an intel cpu unless it's a pentium 4, or an older xeon. OK it turns out you need custom kernel for older xeons, any p4, and most haswell cpu's.

Edited by XtremeHacker

I don't understand. Haswell is natively supported in 10.8.5+, you don't need a custom kernel. If your motherboard has bit-15 of the MSR 0xE2 register locked, then you need to enable the KernelPm patch in Clover (or remove unnecessary/stupid default entries in config.plist) or manually patch the kernel to prevent instant reboots. Using a self-compiled kernel will break XNU CPU Power Management (used on Haswell & newer CPUs) & break iCloud, so I would advise against using one if possible (obviously it's still needed for AMD CPUs).

@jaylex

Please, do not repeat your message continuously, write such questions in to the help toppic, then Bronya can answer specifically to your questions,

this site is only for the development of amd kernels and the related problems, they are briefly discussed, but not to be a how-to install my system etc......

I'll move your question in the help toppic, and the other posts that do not belong here.

Should such contributions be published again here, so I will, then remove these comments without any comment. I ask for understanding.

thx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By twikoffin
      Hello. My hardware is:
      AMD Athlon X2 7750 dual-core
      Gigabyte NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB ( [VGA] ,HDMI,DVI)
      Motherboard Gigabyte based on NFORCE without AHCI support (only IDE)
      I have successfully installed Mac OS Yosemite, Mavericks and El Capitan with AppleNFORCEATA.kext
      But I can't use it with Mac OS 10.8, don't know why, it just gives error and my internal HDD's are not appearing in Disk Utility.

• By iTahaMe
      FINALLY IT'S WORKING THANKS TO @insanelymac
      But i have a single problem, My graphic card Radeon x1950 Pro not working, It used to work good on Snow Leopard but now its not on Yosemite i don't know why ... any kext needed ??

Here the kext used to work good for me on Snow Leopard
      ATIRadeonx1000.kext 
      ATINDRV.Kext
      ATIRNDRV.Kext

Any Help ? 
      Taha

• By kamyar1979
      I have bought a 2nd hand AMD Radeon 7750 to fix my Mojave installation problems. Although the Vendor/Device Id is in AMD7000Controller.Kext, I get a black screen and with some changes a yellow screen. I can not find any useful information to fix that. All information are for High Sierra and older macOS versions. Is there any fix to resolve that? What if I buy an RX 650 for example?
    • By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)

• By macinsane
      This is bothering me for a long time now: Why does Apple deliberately disables the the RX4xx, RX5xx capabilities to hardware encode HEVC and is using Intel Quicksync instead? Is it to make the iMacPro look better than it is? I stumbled over a thread at tony-mac where people are going a totally different road for Radeon graphics. Instead of hassling around with getting Quicksync to work, they proposed to activate the AMD hardware renderer for Polaris GPU's. I tried it out and it works...somewhat

I used a dummy kext from that tomato thread and edited it, so that it enables the AMDU7V4 IOGVACodec like on Vega cards, switched to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS from iMac18,3, disabled the IGPU and the results were astonishing:
      My 3:34min 4k50p film was rendered by FCP with HEVC in 2:34 minutes. Nearly half the time than with Quicksync! With the iMac18 SMBIOS and the "help" of Intel Quicksync it took FCP 4:41 minutes to get it done!

The problem is: As soon as the "wrong" IOGVACodec is enabled H.264 encoding leads to Mojave crashing at once (be it FCP, QuickTime or Videoproc). Watching H264 material is fine, though. 

If anyone has any idea how to handle this, I would be very grateful. I would even accept Mojave using software encoding for H264 if I could keep this amazing speeds on HEVC!

BTW: Without IGPU on iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS no problem with DRM or iTunes, no need for Whatevergreen or Shiki. That is a bonus
      Ellesmere.kext.zip