About Just Joined group Read more... ×
Duran Keeley

[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

1,948 posts in this topic

Advertisement

i went back a tried again..

10.10/10.10.1 UPD To 10.10.2/3 Patch

Path: /System/Library/Extensions/pthread.kext

amd-10102-upd_zpshebiiwt5.png

looks like you already fixes all CPU problems, i went back and test couple of times, sometimes it random boot in Opcode errors once awhile and its seems your latest kernel vs Bronya rc6 benchmark faster than his thats a good start..and i say this in my perspective i have FX cpu and he does too..but the matter you fixes the FSB corrections for overclockers and 990fx chipsets stability..i appreciated your hardwork,,still need lot more people like yoursevles can figureout of making drivers and kexts since hackers is not going to wait for apple fix things on next patches...maybe we should all starting hacking on drivers next since kernels is not going help any much since already running 100% on my AMD FX correctly now its figure out why the GPU slowdowns with apps and Benchmarks than last Maverick version was running lot faster in those areas.. 

Ok .
Fixed tsc.c , rtclock.c ,opemu.c and trap.c.
Is tested and is normal works without "opcode invalid ".
But it can get problem sound ! On FX-cpu  sound fine , but on old-cpus have problem sound . 
I will try did plan - this tsc.c will read fsb from bootloader ;) .

attachicon.gifmach_10.10_all_amd_rc6.zip

P.S. I tested vlc player version 2.0.9 on real iMac12,2 . I indeed received problem sound also how on AMD !!! 
Because vlc player version 2.0.9 - this vlc_player  bad ! 
VLC version 2.1.2 is normal .

Hi Bronya, the file isn't available anymore... can you repost?

Thanks!

Ok .
Fixed tsc.c , rtclock.c ,opemu.c and trap.c.
Is tested and is normal works without "opcode invalid ".
But it can get problem sound ! On FX-cpu  sound fine , but on old-cpus have problem sound . 
I will try did plan - this tsc.c will read fsb from bootloader ;) .

attachicon.gifmach_10.10_all_amd_rc6.zip

P.S. I tested vlc player version 2.0.9 on real iMac12,2 . I indeed received problem sound also how on AMD !!! 
Because vlc player version 2.0.9 - this vlc_player  bad ! 
VLC version 2.1.2 is normal .

hello Bronya :)

no problem audio   :)

vlc / QuickTime / MPlayerX works very good :D

look and listen video :)

test_mediaplayer.mp4.zip

post-1093405-0-84670400-1425950478_thumb.png

Thanks for such an excellent kernel and kext which are working in 10.10.2 and 10.10.3 for my AMD Hackintosh with Asus M4A78 Plus MB, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+, and Nvidia GTX 680 GPU.

post-70188-0-47498400-1425981539_thumb.png

post-70188-0-84691100-1425981640_thumb.png

WOW!!! Awesome!!!

I installed 10.10.3 beta via App Store and it works just perfect!

And most importantly, I don't know how but iCloud now work perfect. Before update I can get sync in all apps with iCloud, but in System Preferences it still wanted that I confirm my iCloud account with password and says that my ID valid but not iCloud account.

But after update My iCloud begin works fully for all 100%!!!

Thanks!!! Great kernel and kext!

post-302440-0-60059800-1425985181_thumb.png

post-302440-0-00145500-1425985195_thumb.png

Thank you very much for your excellent kexts (no npci kexts) which solved my AMD Hackintosh problems in Mavericks 10.9.5.

But I found these seem not compatible with Yosemite 10.10.1.

Can you provide newer kexts for Yosemite 10.10.1 ?

Hi !

This kernel rc7 read busFreq from only bootloader ! 

In trap.c delete "invalid rdmsr" and implement in opemu.c !

Bootloader chameleon version 2594 !

Please try !

attachicon.gifmach_10.10_all_amd_rc7.zip

Kernel mach_rc6 reupload in post #1036 !

:)

hello  , the kernel work good but fsb is not good 100 Mhz au lieu de 99,80 Mhz :)

post-1093405-0-33144500-1426031090_thumb.png

Finally ! :thumbsup_anim:

With 1010-kernel-REV-8N and 10102-UPD-Patch-pthread.kext, my Athlon 64 x2 3800+ works good with 10.10.2 and latest Security Update !

Great works and many thanks to all of you :thumbsup_anim:

I just still have a little anoying problem with Time Sync… The clock doesn't update as it should. But I can manage that as it's not essential.

post-1163891-0-23695100-1426099910_thumb.png

post-1163891-0-87695000-1426099933_thumb.png

With 1010-kernel-REV-8N and 10102-UPD-Patch-pthread.kext, my Athlon 64 x2 3800+ works good with 10.10.2 and latest Security Update !

I just still have a little anoying problem with Time Sync… The clock doesn't update as it should. But I can manage that as it's not essential.

which flags at startup?

Hey. the clock problem sounds like the fsb is set incorrectly. note: cpu fsb and pci bus speed are normally linked unless you can lock/set the pci bus speed manually (impacting connected devices) did you try clover, it auto detects fsb well. maybe you just need to set your fsb manually with your current bootloader / kernel configuration? hope you work it out!

btw incredible work here guys!

try boot flag -cpuEFI

which flags at startup?

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/DSDT2.aml</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>/Extra/kernel8n</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>

Chameleon dmesg shows this :

Processor Information

Socket Designation: XU1 PROCESSOR

Type: Central Processor

Family: 0x2

Manufacturer: AMD

ID: 0x40FB2

Version: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

External Clock: 199 MHz

Max Speed: 1995 MHz

Current Speed: 2000 MHz

Upgrade: Socket AM2

Serial Number: Not Specified

Asset Tag: Not Specified

Part Number: Not Specified

Core Count: 2

Core Enabled: 2

Thread Count: 2

Hey. the clock problem sounds like the fsb is set incorrectly. are you overclocking? did you try clover, it auto detects fsb well. maybe you need to set the fsb manually? incredible work here guys

No overclocking. And yeah, I tried Clover but it won't even boot on my HP dc5750. It always stops at the Maintenance screen (or whatever his name).

try boot flag -cpuEFI

Thanks, I'll try this.

Update : No change with this boot flag :(

Update 2 : added fsb=800 busratio=10 in kernel flags but still no changes. BTW, is VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext still necessary with this new Kernel ?

Edited by polyzargone

Amazing; he's done it again!  :w00t:

'just tried Bronya's rc7 kernel on the 10.10.1 installation I had not touched for months on my old dual-core "Paxville" Xeon-based Dell Precision 670. 'was previously running Bronya's kernel rc2.1. Anyway, the new results are just... brilliant!

• I no longer have the graphics corruption on Yosemite desktop
  • screenshots are no longer single red/blue/yellow/b&w colour
  • I can safely edit screenshots in Preview and save them without getting a corrupt picture in the end
  • Safari no longer crashes me out and runs without graphics corruption
  • Chrome running Ok too and without graphics corruption
  • Youtube online videos running Ok
  • Audio working Ok (I'm using one of those (shamely cheap) PnP USB audio devices)
  • I can click/double click in top or middle of file/app icons to open/launch them, no longer need to target the bottom of the icons
  • Desktop/Screen Saver PrefPane is by far and large trouble free, although the occasional background corruption prevails
  • I no longer appear to need NullCPUPowerManagement kext
  • Sleep & Wake remain fully natively operational

Seemed to boot faster too. Still using Chameleon r2401. Unlike under Mav, I do feel some lag but this is a 10yr old piece of s***t dinosaur workstation! I'm totally chilled!  :yes:

post-851564-0-45020700-1426106044_thumb.jpg post-851564-0-67503300-1426106057_thumb.jpg

post-851564-0-40693000-1426109384_thumb.jpg post-851564-0-00571600-1426194315_thumb.jpg post-851564-0-38349400-1426106026_thumb.jpg

WYSIWIG = What You See Is What I Get !!! Still running Duran Keeley's fixes for AppStore but wondering if I still need them...

Off to try Tora Chi Yo's own kernel now... winner gets a BJ... Erm... not!  :P

WYSIWIG = What You See Is What I Get !!! Still running Duran Keeley's fixes for AppStore but wondering if I still need them...

You don't need them anymore)

:thumbsup_anim: Great, thanks.

Well, here's the verdict: Bronya 1 / Tora Chi Yo 0

Got "invalid user opcode (64bit): c4 e2 7d 18 c0 c5 fc 11 01 48" error message with Tora Chi Yo's kernel. So, clearly not supporting legacy Intel "Paxville" Xeon platform.

'was able to update to 10.10.2 using Bronya's rc7 kernel + axmanA's patched IOPCIFamily kext (to fix my usual desktop init problem with nVidia card). nVidia's web driver being updated too (to v343.01.02f02)... Removed Duran's AppStore fix too.

post-851564-0-31541500-1426116002_thumb.jpg post-851564-0-41390600-1426117014_thumb.jpg