Duran Keeley

[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

1,948 posts in this topic

Advertisement

My Safari and App Store are fixed!!!

Duran's Webkit patch installer didn't actually replace the files in System/Library/Frameworks. I downloaded full framework files from here,  and compared the file sizes for webkit.framework and javascriptcore.framework. They didn't match so I replaced them manually and fixed permissions (perhaps I didn't need to do that, but didn't hurt) and now everything works perfectly fine!

Don't forget to backup the original files first, just in case.

Now I managed to boot yosemite 10.10.2 !! it was persistent but now the wild animal is well-behaved and docile as a lamb. I will report back as I've made it . :thumbsup_anim::hysterical:

Edit:

as proof, see picture http://postimg.org/image/n0gsuz58b/

if you have not installed 10.10.2, noted that what I've written before: install yosemite 10.10.2 only on a second partition !!! I can not guarantee anything

so this done:

in my last upload, are:
the kernel and System.kext and the framework-files

in the Extensions folder you will find the System.kext ---> replace with your System.kext from S/L/Extensions
in the frameworks folder are: ----> the IOKit.framework, Kernel.Framework and System.Framework

exchanges the Kernel.Framework and System.framework against from S/L/Frameworks

either use the previous kernel or used the kernel in the package

then repair disk permissions and renewed the cache with kext Wizard

good luck!

Edited by spakk

My Safari and App Store are fixed!!!

Duran's Webkit patch installer didn't actually replace the files in System/Library/Frameworks. I downloaded full framework files from here,  and compared the file sizes for webkit.framework and javascriptcore.framework. They didn't match so I replaced them manually and fixed permissions (perhaps I didn't need to do that, but didn't hurt) and now everything works perfectly fine!

Don't forget to backup the original files first, just in case.

The WebKit installer WebKit.framework would be different as in the full files I just added all the files into the Plugin's but with the Slim Installer I had time to find the WebKit.framework dependancies and remove the unused files. I will recheck the installer however, thank you for your feedback.

Now I managed to boot yosemite 10.10.2 !! it was persistent but now the wild animal is well-behaved and docile as a lamb. I will report back as I've made it . :thumbsup_anim::hysterical:

Edit:

as proof, see picture http://postimg.org/image/n0gsuz58b/

if you have not installed 10.10.2, noted that what I've written before: install yosemite 10.10.2 only on a second partition !!! I can not guarantee anything

so this done:

in my last upload, are:

the kernel and System.kext and the framework-files

in the Extensions folder you will find the System.kext ---> replace with your System.kext from S/L/Extensions

in the frameworks folder are: ----> the IOKit.framework, Kernel.Framework and System.Framework

exchanges the Kernel.Framework and System.framework against from S/L/Frameworks

either use the previous kernel or used the kernel in the package

then repair disk permissions and renewed the cache with kext Wizard

good luck!

Congrats Spakk!!! Nice work!

I will i got a new WD HD :D .

It's intended for 10.10.1 not 10.10.0 correct? (Cause i have a 10.10.1 install usb).

hello spakk,

i made the test with 10.10.1 and new webkit framework. I had to replace your iokit with the org. file because of a fsck problem. Most graphic problems a still alive (like pink covers in itunes). Safari crashes only some times. with preview i can view pdf files (before i use your kernel it crashes) but acrobat reader looks terrible. App Store didn’t load the front page.

for me the bsa 2 kernel is better

hello spakk,

i made the test with 10.10.1 and new webkit framework. I had to replace your ikon with the org. file because of a fsck problem. Most graphic problems a still alive (like pink covers in itunes). Safari crashes only some times. with preview i can view pdf files (before i use your kernel it crashes) but acrobat reader looks terrible. App Store didn’t load the front page.

Same issues for me

so, I think that this is better, please test and report

hello spakk,

i made the test with 10.10.1 and new webkit framework. I had to replace your iokit with the org. file because of a fsck problem. Most graphic problems a still alive (like pink covers in itunes). Safari crashes only some times. with preview i can view pdf files (before i use your kernel it crashes) but acrobat reader looks terrible. App Store didn’t load the front page.

Same issues for me

I am made a stupid error and now I hope that it will be better

kernel.zip

I will try it.

anyone can give a result?

Spakk i'm going to try out your kernel in 30 minutes.

Hi spakk, I tried the latest kernel and I'm experiencing some graphics issues (pink login screen, artifacts around the taskbar, etc) so I've reverted back to bsa_10.10_rc2 which has so far given the best results (no graphics issues except for what everyone has mentioned, plus the safari/app store crashes). In all cases, I'm only able to test the kernel itself as copying the framework files and repairing permissions/clearing cache results in an iokit.kext loading error and reboots on startup. I also tried the Webkit patch installer Duran posted and had some graphics issues in chrome specifically. Those exact chrome-specific issues were actually also present in my mavericks setup (makes sense if its based of the 10.9 framework) and it had all started with the latest update of chrome released by Google, interestingly enough. Before that latest chrome update I had been able to run stable with no issues for a very long time on mavericks. So anyway, happy to make my box a test patient, for now that's where I'm at.

Hi spakk, I tried the latest kernel and I'm experiencing some graphics issues (pink login screen, artifacts around the taskbar, etc) so I've reverted back to bsa_10.10_rc2 which has so far given the best results (no graphics issues except for what everyone has mentioned, plus the safari/app store crashes). In all cases, I'm only able to test the kernel itself as copying the framework files and repairing permissions/clearing cache results in an iokit.kext loading error and reboots on startup. I also tried the Webkit patch installer Duran posted and had some graphics issues in chrome specifically. Those exact chrome-specific issues were actually also present in my mavericks setup (makes sense if its based of the 10.9 framework) and it had all started with the latest update of chrome released by Google, interestingly enough. Before that latest chrome update I had been able to run stable with no issues for a very long time on mavericks. So anyway, happy to make my box a test patient, for now that's where I'm at.

thanks for the info!

we must continue to look to find the error.

As an Internet browser I use Firefox, so there are very few problems

The pc in my specs KPs on my insaller with 10.10.1 with any kernel it says something about pets not avalable and appintelcpupowermanagment :( .

Just to update:

Thank you Morpheus NS - I looked into the installer, and while the files of the slim installer work, the Installer itself doesn't seem to patch sometimes, Slim installer is removed for now. (It works if included in the installer which is what I built it for originally, when I have bandwidth I will reupload a Installer after some more testing.)

mcboobalot - Try the full WebKit framework found here: WebKit Patch Post

As for Google Chrome - They use their own framework called Blink but it is still a fork off WebCore, they only use WebKit in iOS.

While Chrome (stable) may have glitches, Chromium and Chrome Canary (nightly build basically) does not.

WORKING UPDATED GOOGLE CHROME

http://demo.durankeeley.com/Google-Chrome.zip

Duran...bingo...no issues with Safari or app store now...thanks!

Update: Duran's full webkit framework fixes Safari and App store, though there is still the occasional crash. I'm still struggling with this whole chrome thing, and wondering what I'm missing. Perhaps it is just time to give up Chrome. I downloaded Chromium and it is manifesting the same graphics issues (messed up graphics/fonts, missing letters in words) and after the webkit patch I also saw the same issues in regular chrome that had been working as well. There's some connection between the version of chrome and the graphics issues that I can't seem to grasp at this point. I reinstalled regular chrome without changing anything else and even though that had been working, it is now messed up too. It is too strange. Most importantly though, there's no clear correlation I can find between any of the kernels or webkit frameworks I've used and the Chrome issues, so I'm really treating it as its own problem at this point. So Chrome aside, webkit patch is working well for safari/app store crashes and combined with bsa_10.10_rc2 I have no graphics issues outside chrome -- just wanted to be clear about that so I don't lead folks astray!

Well that is weird, my tests as follows.

BSA_rc2

Google Chrome 39.0.2171.71 -> Graphically Problems

Google Chrome (canary) 41.0.2233.0 -> No Graphically Problems

Chromium 41.0.2233.0 -> No Graphically Problems

Hi 虎千代

This is both true and untrue..

This is how I think it works, I could be wrong however.

The way the op emulator works is that it emulates the instruction set that is closest to the native machine code available. In this case some SupplementalSSE3 is closest vanilla instruction set from SSE4a or SSE4.2 if available. Simply put "accuracy is the measure of how well emulation software mimics the original hardware."

As new programs come out and refer to more of the SSSE3 and above instruction set, the more we will see graphically errors as we are still trying to mimic the original hardware, which the dev's Bronya, Andy Vandijk and Sinetek have done one hell of an amazing job at achieving close to perfect emulation. Especially Bronya who is constantly trying to optimise and repair the recent errors.

For a example read this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Or Like the the PS3, Since the processor instruction is very different, its a challenge to emulate. Even with what is available a bunch of speedhacks and workarounds are needed to get some stuff working.

:)

pour les problèmes graphiques , il faut savoir faire la différence entre une carte graphiques mal installé dont le problème sera identique sur CPU Intel et les maux liés au kernel (opemu) .

les applications directement liées à ssse3 comme finalcutpro et autre appli similaire ne fonctionne pas correctement sur CPU K10 , tout le monde le sait ;) , la meilleure des solutions est une mise à jour avec CPU FX , APU ssse3 ou CPU Intel , je pense que le problème ne sera jamais réglé . (complexe)

la seule solution pour Adobe que j'ai trouvé est de  virualiser Windows via Parallels ou VMware et Adobe comme PremièrePro fonctionne parfaitement sur CPU Phenom mais l'intérêt est faible ..............

for graphics problems, we must know the difference between a poorly installed graphics card that the problem will be the same on Intel CPUs and related ailments kernel (opemu).

applications directly related to SSSE3 as FinalCutPro and other similar app does not work properly on K10 CPU, everyone knows;), the best solution is updated with FX CPU, APU SSSE3 or Intel CPU, I think the problem will never be solved. (self conscious)

the only solution for Adobe I found was to virtualize Windows through Parallels or VMware and Adobe as PremierePro works perfectly on Phenom CPU but interest is low ..............

Can I get all the non-SSSE3 processor testers (Athlon's, Phenom, etc) that are running either:

• Bronya's RC1
  • BSA_10.10.0_rc2
Please test the WebKit patch installer now and let me know if the problem of non patching is resolved on this topic: AMD General Chat

You can find it here: WebKit Patch Installer

When reporting your results please check that in System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks:

• JavaScriptCore.framework
  • WebKit.framework
Have a new modified date & time of when you ran the installer. Just so I know that the installer patched correctly this time.

Thank You