Mac_hack13

Need support for post installation on an hp laptop

5 posts in this topic

Hello

i managed to install yosemite on HP g6-2290sx using clover efi r2953 ...

i ve got the trackpad,keyboard,battery and audio working...

However i cant get the intel HD 4000 to work as it should, it has only 4 mb vram and graphics are slow and has artifacts.

also i need to get the ralink wifi and bluetooth and the realtek ethernet to work...

list of hardware:

Audio IDT working automatically

GPU intel HD 4000 not working preoperly

trackpad working

keyboard working

USB working

battery working

ralink wifi not working

ralink bluetooth not working

realtek ethernet not working properly

Thanks

Advertisement

i looked up the page but it didnt work also there is a fake id thing which i cant figure out...

i tested 0x01660003 3 ports 1024 vram....same

update...

it now works with 0x016600003 and duallink 0

fakeis is 0x00000000

but the the brightness is reduced a little and the apple logo is washed out when booting

how to make the HP webcam work?

are there any kexts for ralink/mediatek RT3290 wireless and bluetooth?

is there any guide to fix the brightness?

in the middle of the booting proccess the apple logo gets washed away in a way similar to incorrect edid injection,any fix for that?

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alpha.delta
      I installed macOS 10.15 Catalina on my Lappy.
      Everything work fine but only DW1510 BCM94322HM8L wont work.
      DW1510 BCM94322HM8L work OOB on 10.14.x but not on 10.15.
      I need help.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solved By put IO80211Family.kext from macOs 10.14.5 to Clover/Kexts/10.15

• By Gigamaxx
      Catalina seems to be a read only kext system so modifying kexts to make older hardware work doesn't seem to be possible at this point.   However we have had success using Mojave kexts to get hardware to function.

For bluetooth on Broadcom WiFi cards using injectorkext and adding the Mojave bluetooth kexts to System/Library/Extensions folder seems to have solved the connectability issue.   Install Mojave kexts and use kext utility to repair permissions and caches before reboot.   The Zip contains the Catalina original kexts as a backup in case you want to revert.  

Bluetooth kexts fix.zip

For Atheros WiFi we are using Mojave modified with High Sierra kexts.   Install in System/Library/Extensions folder and use kext utility to repair.

• By 그맆조닛
      Hi there

can someone please compile AirportBrcmFixup.kext and other Broadcom kexts for macOS Catalina
    • By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 

INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL

PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )

STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 

Open config.plist with Clover Configurator

Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )

So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 

————————————————————

STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed

Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )

Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )

OR

STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed

Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 

But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 

If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )

** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **

Video summary:

Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  

After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 

STEP 3 - Stop Windows Boot manager from overriding Clover boot manager

How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when using dual booting between macOS and Windows