XFX Radeon R9 280x problems

mathq

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to boot Yosemite with Clover using this graphics card, and my computer reboots or hangs in verbose mode. It reboots either instantly (as soon as I press enter), or at the end of the process (when the system should normally be loaded.).

I have tried using Chameleon and it hangs at boot0:done with a little smiley at the end.

My motherboard is a MSI Z77A-G45 with a Core i7 3770k OC'd to 4.5GHz.

Thanks for any help,

xmath279

I'm having a similar issue myself with my rig under Yosemite - get an instant reboot as soon as the framebuffer is trying to be loaded before seeing the desktop.  The computer boots to the desktop in safe mode like it should.  Has me scratching my head as Mavericks works wonderfully well on the same config and hardware. I have Mavericks and Yosemite dual booting.

For the record my hardware is as follows: Intel Core i5 2500K, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 motherboard, 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 ram, 2 x 2TB HDD, and for graphics cards 2 x Gigabyte R9 270 OC Edition card running in crossfire configuration and I am using clover efi bootloader version r2976 (released yesterday 25/10/2014 Australian Time)

can attach my clover configuration file if required.

Many thanks in advance from Troy :)

========================================================================================

Fixed my problem ----- Turns out there is a bug? (possibly) in the Apple Migration Tool in Yosemite that not only copies over your documents, files, music etc.  but also copies over your custom kext files (which would be fine, but the AMDRadeon7000Controller.kext from Mavericks is incompatible with Yosemite and causes the reboot when trying to load to the mac desktop) - In my case I had to manually copy over my "Applications", "/Library/Applications Support", /User/"user name"/Library/Application Support" as well as my music and documents Folders from my Mavericks install partition to my new Yosemite install partition - rebooted and everything now works wonderfully :) with full graphics acceleration / video playback :)

Hope this might help someone else having similar issues / problems.

Edited by Kucksy

Also I forgot to mention this in my edited post - It helps (if you are using clover boot loader) to have it installed to the EFI partition on your Yosemite boot drive (that will fix the boot0 error message you have been getting) could also possibly help with the system reboot - (if my other suggestion does not help you)

Hello,

I fixed my problem by using another VBIOS for the card. However, some apps such as Flash Player plugin in Safari and XBMC crashes when I want to watch a video/movie on either one of them.

If anyone has an idea, it would be awesome :)

Thanks,

xmath279