Youtube/Flash video problem.

oughost

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

For some strange reason when I try to watch videos on youtube they stop playing after 2 seconds even though they have completed loading/buffering. The same thing happens with the 'google videos' so i figure it's a problem on my side.... I have the latest version of flash player, tried both firefox & safari but no luck. Maybe my update to 10.4.8 caused this problem? Any suggestions as to how i can sort this out b4 i decide to revert to 10.4.7? oh and can someone that's also updated to 10.4.8 on OSX86 please check to see if they can watch videos on youtube??

Thanks...

• 1 month later...

I also have this same problem and would love to know the answer. So far just by searching through these forums I've been able to get my system to work pretty well with my E1705, except for my Sigmatel 9200 not working and my wireless not working.

What's with this flash problem? I am also having an issue when I watch any sort of video with QT (except for mpg files... strange). When I open a video it plays fine. But when I try to hit pause it takes a few seconds for it to actually pause so I can mess with the cursor to skip through the video. Then it takes a few seconds to play again when I hit play. Same goes for when I just go straight for the curser to skip through the video while it's playing. What's with this issue? I can only skip through a video once it's paused. Also, when I'm on a webpage with a quicktime movie embedded, my scrolling is really laggy.

I have a CoreDuo T2600. I disabled the other core with cpus=1. I thought this might be an FSB problem, so I did fsb=166. All that did was give me the correct processor speed in About This Mac. I didn't notice a performance increase, but it did give me the proper information.

I had the same problem of Flash videos freezing after playing for a few seconds. The problem occurred when I didn't have sound in MacOSX as I had a SoundBlaster Live that doesn't work with Mac.

Afterwards I brought an USB to Audio Out cable. This was detect by MacOS and gave me sound. To my surprise Flash videos work now.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: If you have problems with QT, try VLC.

Thanks guys. I figured that this was the problem, I just really wasn't sure. Luckily, I have an Audigy USB sound card back at school. It's thanksgiving break and I thought I'd use this opportunity to see how well OS X would work on my laptop. Just a few more days and I will have a fully functional MacSpiron (save wireless and only using one core)!