Why does Chimera break 10.9.5 boot up?

Flybye

13 posts in this topic

Hi all. So here is my issue.

10.9.5 installs perfectly fine. If I boot from the USB, I can select the 10.9.5 hd and boot up 10.9.5. If I boot up directly from the hd, I only get a cursor on the top left corner of the screen. When I am inside 10.9.5, if I install Chimera, booting up from the hd takes me as far as "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" Once at that point, -x and a variety of other fixes including deleting the AppleIntelHD stuff do not work, and I end up having to delete the partition and starting all over again. I have no clue how to modify any of these bootup configuration files when I cant even start up 10.9.5. I am sure it is some basic setting in the config file of the USB drive, but what I dont know is how to copy that whatever file to the hd.

My specs:

MB: Asus P5G41T-M LX
Intel E2200 2.4ghz core 2 duo
Nvidia 8600GT
8GB of Ram
80GB hard drive.

8600= 0x0402

How do I get it for the bootloader?

Also, I have an Nvidia GTX 260.  Would it make any difference using that video card? And I am curious why all the reference with video cards with a line that says bluetooth?

Since I have not installed Chimera for fear of not being able to reboot again, I dont have the Extra folder.

Should I install it again and edit the plist file?

Would that also apply with the GTX260?  Using the correct device ID, of course.

Actually I got it working a different way! In ##### I selected the ##### option in Quick Start which has basic boot options of EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, IGPEnabler=Yes, Legacy Logo=Yes and Timeout=2.

Not sure which one did it, but all that matters is that it works.  :)

Oops. I didnt know the other site's stuff is not supported here.  Sorry bout that.  I always bounce between both sites for help.  Insanely has always been far faster with help.  :)