Problem booting after install

joncy92

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with booting yosemite with clover. I followed a guide in the 10.10 installation forum called Easy Yosemite 10.10 USB Installer (Can't paste link...).

The USB booted to the installer fine using -v dart=0 slide=0.

Now that everything is installed I'm unable to boot to Yosemite with clover. The boot sequence runs with all the text scrolling and it seems to actually finish that sequence, then the screen goes black. The TV doesn't seem to be receiving any signals from the system as it shows what it would if the HDMI cable was unplugged.

I've tried the same boot args with -x aswell with the same result.

I haven't changed the clover USB since I installed yosemite either..

My build is:

Mobo Asus p8z77-v LX2

gpu GeForce 650 Ti

cpu core i7 2600k (no overclock)

Please help me.

Best,

J.

Okay mate I'll give that a go. Do you mean remove the GPU from the system? Also I'm unsure how to configure anything to get the card to work. When I installed mavericks it just worked on first boot, then after a while even mavericks had the same problem. Could it be the display ? That's the only thing that's changed since the problem began.

Regards,

J

Sorry for double post. Clover successfully booted Yosemite when i removed the graphics card, but of course it's very laggy and choppy.

I'm actually at a loss now as I'm not sure of the post installation procedure. I don't know what kexts to install and I don't know how to fix the os for the 650 Ti, and i can't find any information anywhere :(

Please help.

regards,

J

and sorry for triple post now.

I reinserted the 650 Ti and tried another display and was getting error  "p-state stepper error 18 at step 2 on cpu #", i then booted with the UseKernelCache=No flag and the boot finished and went into a black screen again.

I then removed the card again and tried booting with the onboard graphics and i'm now getting error "p-state stepper error 18 at step 29 in context 2 on cpu #" and the system reboots.

It booted fine before and now it just will not boot.

Edit: i also cannot even boot to my installer usb anymore which worked perfectly fine before. I get waiting for root device error.

Anybody have any ideas ?

Well USB installer decided to boot and I reformatted and reinstalled and the first boot succeeded. it would seem that installing fakeSMC.kext somehow caused the issue. Weird.

Still can't boot with 650 Ti. Any help appreciated of course.

Best,

J