Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

hi, do i need this for my EVGA GTX 770? i'm trying to debug my clover. and i'm having a hard time with my graphics.

trying to isolate the problem.

if my card doesn't need this, not sure if it's native OBB. if anyone can let me know, that would check one thing off my debug list.

thanks a bunch!

-------edit------

for clarification, my card was fine on chameleon with mavericks.  took the jump to clover with yosemite.

I have the Evga Nvidia Geforce GT 740 2GB GDDR5 and it worked fine with the public beta of 10.10 with just the boot args of IGPEnabler=No kext-dev-mode=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No with the chameleon r2399.  It wouldn't detail the card specifically but did work with all 2048 nvram available. 

When the retail version of 10.10 was release the card was fine once again with the same boot args but after the I installed the web driver and added the nada_drv=1 arg to the boot plist the card was fully recognized.   So far so good I am happy with how it works.    

my GTX770 run fine with the newest nvidia web driver. installed with pacifist correctly. boot with clover using nvda_drv=1.

problem is... at the login screen all my monitors are mirrored. after i logged in, they are back to normal (extended).

also, once in a while (seems erratic) all my monitors would boot and get really heavy artifact on all screens; mouse cursor trailing, heavy clipping every where, almost strobe like  :unsure:

i would toggle from nvidia web driver to osx default driver, reboot, then it's fine. then i would toggle back to nvidia web driver.....and repeat when it happen again.  seriously PITA. i'm over my head with Clover.

i'm not using my HD4000. only GTX770.

any comments is greatly appreciate.

Anyone know where the CUDA driver is for this web release? The updater for the CUDA drivers aren't finding it and I don't see them listed on Nvidia's website anywhere.

Hi all! I tried your method injecting web drivers or NVD4ALL still no get luck with my GTX 750 0x10DE 0x1381

I'm on a hac recognized as Imac14,2 I'm using last version of clover. So far I can reach desktop but no qe enabled or in other tests I got only black screen, I'm connected through a samsung tv by hdmi cable.

Please someone can send me all the nvidia kext to inject I tried all the ways to make it this works and it doesnt. Even the method throught pacifist install but still cannot launch the preference pane to turn into web drivers. I tried also rename the web drivers as the stanrdard one and manually inject into S/L/E but no way it dont work for me. My Yosemite version is 14A388a

Thanx all

When connected to vga monitor i found the gtx750 works 100% but the hdmi port always give black screen how can i fix this problem? I tried injecting device with darwin dumper but not luck

Yep. This is solid. My clover yosemite config with MSI GTX 660 OC is running rock solid. GPU clock doesn't kick up opening up images in preview, etc. etc. 100% graphical functionality as I'd expect. Bloody pleased, I am.

edit: nope. Not fixed. Wake from a long sleep (after several minutes at least) results in GPU clocking @ full speed. I can open apps in preview (GPU doesn't clock up), watch videos in videolan, etc. Nothing clocks up GPU except games...but put it to sleep for a while and wake from sleep, GPU clock issue. Have to reboot to solve.

At least at my GTX780TI with this new webdriver applications that use OpenCL do not toast the GPU, Preview and others in fact it don't even touch the GPU clock, maybe this new version will give a better support to 900 series also.http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.01.01f02/WebDriver-343.01.01f02.pkg

My 970 is running better with this new driver, however CUDA is still broken.  I tried tricking it by editing the CUDA.Frameworks file, but no luck.

For 970 There seems to be some improvements with compatability. No CUDA or OpenCL yet. Preview works correctly though without rendering issues.

an alternative method to using pacifist to install on non-recognized systems:

To everyone trying to install with a system definition not on a Mac Pro:

• Copy the latest webdriver package to your desktop
  • Use the terminal commands to expand the .pkg into a folder called WebDriver (do not make the folder yourself - terminal will sort that for you)
  • Make the required edit
  • Repackage and install

Open terminal and type:

Code:
pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver

Open up your newly created folder 'WebDriver' on your desktop and search for the distrubtion file, edit with TextWrangler/Text Edit and change var found_hardware = 0 to:

Code:
var found_hardware = 1

Now that we have made the edit, need to repackage the installer. Remove the original .pkg from your desktop and type:

Code:
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg
  • Like 3

Hi, I was wondering if anybody have a fully functional GTX 750 Ti.

I have an Asus branded and the only working port is the VGA, if I connect my display to any other port I just get the infamous black screen, limiting my setup to a single display. I'm still within the time frame to return this card, so I'm planning to order a different brand of 750 Ti in case anybody know of any other that has all the ports working with yosemite, It's such a nice card just to be completely discarded.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Dvil look my message before.. got the same problem on a standard 750 only vga works and hdmi only give black screen is there someone who can solve the problem please?

Hi Vampirexx,

I noticed your post that's why I'm wondering if this is a widespread issue with all the 750 Ti or if it's brand specific, I have seen similar reports with the Gigabytes where the only working port is the DVI-I, which curiously is VGA compatible.

an alternative method to using pacifist to install on non-recognized systems:

To everyone trying to install with a system definition not on a Mac Pro:

• Copy the latest webdriver package to your desktop
  • Use the terminal commands to expand the .pkg into a folder called WebDriver (do not make the folder yourself - terminal will sort that for you)
  • Make the required edit
  • Repackage and install

Open terminal and type:

Code:
pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver

Open up your newly created folder 'WebDriver' on your desktop and search for the distrubtion file, edit with TextWrangler/Text Edit and change var found_hardware = 0 to:

Code:
var found_hardware = 1

Now that we have made the edit, need to repackage the installer. Remove the original .pkg from your desktop and type:

Code:
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg

Thanks for the tutorial worked for me :yes:

for those who have the last nvidia web driver (this also concerns the previous releases) and have the 'CUDA Driver update required' message with the last CUDA 6.5.18 driver version, here's the fix:

Go to /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources then open Info.plist.

Find NVDAResmanVersions and add this:

CFBundleDevelopmentRegion
    English
    CFBundleIdentifier
    com.nvidia.CUDA
    CFBundleName
    CUDA
    CFBundlePackageType
    FMWK
    CFBundleShortVersionString
    CFBundleVersion
    NSHumanReadableCopyright
    © NVIDIA, 2009
    CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion
    CFBundleSignature
    ????
    MaxSupportedNVDAResmanVersion
    NVDAResmanVersions

then reboot

Before
CUDA Driver update required_1.pngCUDA Driver update required_2.png

After
CUDA Driver update required_3.png
  • Like 6

After too much trouble trying to get my Asus GTX 750Ti to work properly with a two monitors setup in Yosemite, and not a single positive report, I decided to return the card and oder instead a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Black edition. This after finding a single report in other site telling that all the ports in this card were working properly with Yosemite. Well I can confirm that this is actually true, the DVI and HDMI ports are working properly and I finally have my two monitors set up working as intended.

If anyone is planning to buy a 750Ti I think this is a good option.

Hopefully this post will save some time and troubles to other fellows hackintoshers.

Cheers,

After too much trouble trying to get my Asus GTX 750Ti to work properly with a two monitors setup in Yosemite, and not a single positive report, I decided to return the card and oder instead a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Black edition. This after finding a single report in other site telling that all the ports in this card were working properly with Yosemite. Well I can confirm that this is actually true, the DVI and HDMI ports are working properly and I finally have my two monitors set up working as intended.

If anyone is planning to buy a 750Ti I think this is a good option.

Hopefully this post will save some time and troubles to other fellows hackintoshers.

Cheers,

I had the same issue but I flashed my card (Asus 750Ti) with Palit's bios and got working HDMI+DVI. On original ROM black screen on all ports

I had the same issue but I flashed my card (Asus 750Ti) with Palit's bios and got working HDMI+DVI. On original ROM black screen on all ports

Excellent news for all the Asus sufferers, the good thing about the Gigabyte black is that you don't need to do any change.

All the ports work!!!

for those who have the last nvidia web driver (this also concerns the previous releases) and have the 'CUDA Driver update required' message with the last CUDA 6.5.18 driver version, here's the fix:

Also, if you just want to stop the prefpane popping up on startup nagging to update, you can delete /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist instead of editing system kexts.

• Like 2