Got an Apple 7300gt

user2

6 posts in this topic

Found one on eBay for 25.00 bucks so I went for it. I realize there is a kernel dependency but for that price I couldn't resist. I installed it in my Hack and did a fresh install of 10.4.6 then updated to 10.4.8. As expected it only works in vesa 3 but I would like to experiment with it. Does anyone know what files the MacPro Uses with this card? So far I have the OpenGL.frameworks and the kexts.

Does anyone know what files the MacPro Uses with this card? So far I have the OpenGL.frameworks and the kexts.

I would look at kexts whose names start with "NV" and "GeForce". But as discovered in the EFI X-Lab effort, EFI passes parameters to the video card to initialize it. Without EFI to do this, you may not be able to use the drivers to their fullest, if at all.

Video cards on a Hackintosh work half way decently because we are using cards with PC oriented firmware that doesn't require initialization from BIOS on the PC. The Apple card most probably has Mac oriented firmware that expects initialization from EFI on the Mac.