Pro tools 7 on new iMacs

dponmac

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone had success with Pro tools 7 on a Core 2 Duo mac? Their site says that theres no known issues, yet they don't support it yet. But I've heard from a couple people they can't get it to run.

Also has anyone tried running LE on a Mac Pro? I know HD works but I don't see anything about LE on a mac pro.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone had success with Pro tools 7 on a Core 2 Duo mac? Their site says that theres no known issues, yet they don't support it yet. But I've heard from a couple people they can't get it to run.

Also has anyone tried running LE on a Mac Pro? I know HD works but I don't see anything about LE on a mac pro.

<PLUG> I work at Derringers Music, a music store and authorised Apple reseller here in South Australia. </PLUG> :censored2: We have ProTools LE7 running brilliantly on a 20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.1. Haven't tried it on the MacPro yet.

I'm not a tools user myself, prefering the power availible from the Nuendo-based Cubase 4, or Logic Pro but I do respect Pro tools and it is certainly very easy. Lately though i've found i've used Ableton Live more than anything else just for speed of results and fun factor.

But to answer your question, no worries whatsoever with the Core 2 Duo's. In fact, we have several customers running mBox 2, mBox 2 Pro, and 002R systems from these.

Rowan

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you check the DUC (digi forums) before jumping in....

It seems that the newer firewire MBOX pro is problematic....I'm still trying to find out if the older mboxes had these problems.....if not, I might get a mini, just to use strike, it seems like a really cool drum plug in made by Digi.

Here is their forum (digi).

http://duc.digidesign.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=