Stuck in Safe mode

TechXero

11 posts in this topic

Hey there

I have managed to install Mavericks onto my rig. But sadly I can only boot into the OS in safe mode plus the -x Kernel flag is stuck can't remove it. It's not in org.chameleonBoot.plist can't find it anywhere. If I want to boot normally I have to remove -x manually during boot.

Not that normal boot is working gets stuck on Apple logo with spinning wheel of death. I tried verbose mode only thing I see is something related to bluetooth. I have tried all Kernel Flags known to man none work except safe mode.

I have latest Chameleon and Installed all required Kexts and even SSDT for my specific motherboard.

My build 

GA-X79-UP4 Mobo (Latest Bios F7)

Core i7-3820 LGA2011 CPU

- 32gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1600 RAM

nVidia 650Ti Boost OC GPU

Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

- Tons of regular Hard Drives

I do not know what to do. Please help !

What's dart if you don't mind me asking? Also my Bios is set to UEFI dunno if that matters. I tried legacy no change.

dart=0 results in a black screen even if I set GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No

My situation,

I tried the guide here barely understood anything it's complicated for me. I use myHack coz it is automated. But after reading many forums seems that myHack is no longer ideal coz it uses Chameleon which is legacy only and I have UEFI so Clover is more for me. Only thing is Clover is twice more complicated than Chameleon due to its nature.

I am now begging for someone knowledgeable in these matters to help me one on one. As reward I will try to compensate for your time!

Thanks

Go back to your BIOS and see if you can set to boot in Legacy mode only (not AUTO or LEGACY/UEFI mixed mode)

Can you boot using your installer USB?

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/dsdt-downloads/gigabyte-x79/

And here's a complete guide for you to follow.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297238-success-ga-x79-up4-4820k/

If u have to start from scratch, do it.

I can boot in safe mode. Same with Installer. No regular mode. And I did try rampagedev tools n guides that's how I got to where I am now. 

What do I lose if I go legacy ?

Can you help one on one ?

Like I said I did start from scratch. Also he doesn't specify what method to use to create usb.

Anyway am about to give up. Starting from scratch gives me a kp. AppleACPIPlatformExpert failed.

Finally am not getting how clover works it's complicated.

I did. I always use Chameleon. That's what I have been using so far. No luck. It\s either stuck on wheel of death or just boots in safe mode. I mean installation goes fine if I use -x cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No. I create the USB Installer via myHack coz if I do the Chameleon only way it won't work goes to black screen no matter what flag I use.

I will PM you my Skype ID if you can help there or know anyone who can. I have pulled on my hair so hard I think I lost a few. I am going crazy. I have this beast of a machine that I fail to Hackintosh it is so damn frustrating !

Whatever it takes I want to Hack it. I have tried guides from here, myHack, rampagedev and osx86 none are working, not even guide you linked me to which is exact board I got still no luck...

I am at whit's end xD