[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

rodrigocunha
460 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2021 at 7:08 PM, ghost8282 said:

Yes I tried that too in the past (first betas of big sur)...but how you managed updates?

I have no problems in breaking the seal, but with a broken seal you cannot update the os anymore...so, are you doing something different to have a broken seal and manage system updates?

What about enabling csrutil and authenticated-root after installing kext and talking snapshot, does update works this way? I haven't checked/tried it yet.

HA HA HA  :guitar: Now new app is integrate to Edit the plist file,

no more manually editing  :hyper: really proud of it, its the first app capable editing a plist file for macOS B)

1143871426_Capturedecranle2021-07-08a12_29_46.png.4dbd328144fe2f67bbf9757c0b75c94c.png

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Works good.

I have a new issue, not sure if it's an issue related to Mac OS or what...

It's time for me to begin tests with Monterey, I downloaded the beta 4, and the minitaskusb doesn't launch, it fails with "segmentation fault".

Every app in the D-LinkUtility folder fails with segmentation fault (and) bad cpu type.

I know that in beta 4 there were some reports about segmentation fault errors related to opencore compilation, so I hope this is related to this, and I'm currently upgrading to beta 5 to test it out.

Any of you experiencing the same issue with beta 4?

All is working as expected in Big Sur 11.5.2,

Edited by ghost8282

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, chris1111 said:

Release V3 D-LinkUtility-Package Amazing change :D enjoy 

Hello, 

Im doing well in Seattle. 

I had given up on using your package and I loaded the 2870 kext in OC to get a connection. (It was a pretty old kext from older system.) It connected to some wifi here but dont know what could be the ssid. The problem was it did not see the network here. So I try again with the package but I dont remove the kext in place 1st. I want to test what happens and as soon as install finished its connected and now it sees the network fine.

I would have to recreate the scenario to know what happened for sure and why it works this time. I know not much to go on .....

Now I reboot the machine and see its not working again but I think I know whats going on. I now replace the kext installed by the installer with the one I had which is ver. 4.2.9.2 

now reboot and it works. Something there that did not work on this system perhaps it was too old a device that did not get added to the new kext....

Screen Shot 2023-07-30 at 5.51.26 PM.png

Edited by chummdoggin