rodrigocunha

[USB Wifi] Updated Ralink/Mediatek RT2870/ RT2770/ RT3X7X/ RT537X/ RT5572

390 posts in this topic

what happens if you unplug the usb wifi and reconnect it does it reload?

Sometimes, i usually turn off the radio through the WiFi utility and start it again which resolves it and it connects again. Because once it disconnects it doesn’t wanna connect to anything again.

Advertisement

With RT2870 work only few minutes after boot. In Settings, Network - IP address is lost. System give new random, and dhcp don't work and internet don't work.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:54 AM, chris1111 said:

Here Installer for macOS High Sierra user with Clover UEFI or ESP ➤ WIFI Network macOS High Sierra

Working perfect in my Archer T2UH

Works in HFS+J Volumes or APFS Volumes

Follow all steps in the Packages, SIP need to be disable and also Gtaekkeper for using that.

Support Driver: 

RT2870,RT2770,RT3070,RT3170,RT3072,RT3370,RT3572,RT3573,

RT5370,RT5372,RT5572,MT7610,MT7612,MT7650,MT7662,MT8070,RT9707

connec10.png

This works for me. My system is a 

MSI X99A SLI PLUS

I7 5960X

NVME 960 EVO

Radeon Nitro OC RX 480 8GB

Mac Pro 

The USB WIFI device id is 0x7601 and vendor id is 0x148f from eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/150Mbps-USB-802-11n-Wi-Fi-Ethernet-Wireless-Adapter-Card-with-2dbi-HG-Antenna/332489031107?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Good job you guys and thank you.

Edited by jrhende
Forgot gratitude

35 minutes ago, jrhende said:

MSI X99A SLI PLUS

I7 5960X

NVME 960 EVO

Mac Pro 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/150Mbps-USB-802-11n-Wi-Fi-Ethernet-Wireless-Adapter-Card-with-2dbi-HG-Antenna/332489031107?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks

glad to know :wink_anim:

On 9/27/2014 at 12:35 AM, @ROBASEFR said:

k and put it in S/L/Frameworks

Unfortunately non of this solutions worked for me,I have Asus usb n14 with rt5372 chipset,,and I tried all of this,also I have official wireless utility,and that one doesn't work either. Problem is no matter which wifi utilty I install it wouldn't open,it shows icon on status bar,and it is open in activity monitor,but it does not open window,only one I can open is dw140. In dw 140 and network it doesn't show wireless,it says no wireless adapter. I changed USB ports,but nothing,in system report it shows me under usb section that adapter is pluged in and shows me it is wifi. I tried everithing,exept that my Hackintosh works great. Please help me,I don't want to install windows now only because of wifi. btw,adapter works,I treid it on my notebook.

On 11/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, chris1111 said:

@nip see ➤ macOS High Sierra Wifi Clover

Support Driver: 

Thank you. This is the post and link to DL that worked for me.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:00 PM, jrhende said:

MSI X99A SLI PLUS

I7 5960X

NVME 960 EVO

Mac Pro 

Can't seem to find a solution for me, my USB wifi is a Mediatek and also has a product  ID of 0x7601 and vendor id  is 0x148f, it is showing up connected in system information under USB.

I have installed the wireless utility and driver and have repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in kext utility and rebooted, yet the Wireless utility just keeps opening and closing by itself, without letting me be able to do anything.

Someone please help.

3 hours ago, wfd18 said:

Can't seem to find a solution for me, my USB wifi is a Mediatek and also has a product  ID of 0x7601 and vendor id  is 0x148f, it is showing up connected in system information under USB.

I have installed the wireless utility and driver and have repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in kext utility and rebooted, yet the Wireless utility just keeps opening and closing by itself, without letting me be able to do anything.

Someone please help.

What is the Drivers? we have a lot Mediatek :angel_not:

I do not understand also why use kext Utility + repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in kext utility

your not have a config ( SPECS)  notice in signature

Edited by chris1111

27 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

What is the Drivers? we have a lot Mediatek :angel_not:

I do not understand also why use kext Utility + repaired permissions and rebuilt cache in kext utility

What drivers do you mean?

I have just done a fresh install on high sierra, and installed the "TP-LINK WIFI Network macOS.pkg" for high sierra (from your updated post), once it was finished I inserted my USB and restarted. 

After restart, the wireless utility will just keep opening and closing by itself, not letting me do anything. The brief few seconds it does pop up I can notice it says "disconnected!!" and "no device!!" , even though the USB Wifi is showing up in system info under USB.

And I just thought that every time you installed new drivers/kext that a repair of permissions/rebuild cache was required, my apologies I am new, just trying to get my Wifi working :/

Edited by wfd18

8 minutes ago, wfd18 said:

What drivers do you mean?

I have just done a fresh install on high sierra, and installed the "TP-LINK WIFI Network macOS.pkg" for high sierra (from your updated post), once it was finished I inserted my USB and restarted. 

After restart, the wireless utility will just keep opening and closing by itself, not letting me do anything. The brief few seconds it does pop up I can notice it says "disconnected!!" and "no device!!" , even though the USB Wifi is showing up in system info under USB.

And I just thought that every time you installed new drivers/kext that a repair of permissions/rebuild cache was required, my apologies I am new, just trying to get my Wifi working :/

I am talk about this  Support Drivers

Are you sure your is on that list

What is your USB Dongle ??

Capture.png.cba2f4813bb5a006ce63485dddd1fe4e.png

Edited by chris1111

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I am talk about this  Support Drivers

Are you sure your is on that list

What is your USB Dongle ??

Capture.png.cba2f4813bb5a006ce63485dddd1fe4e.png

I have a Mediatek USB dongle, 

In system info:

Product ID: 0x7601

Vendor ID: 0x148f

Manufacture: Mediatek

23 minutes ago, wfd18 said:

I have a Mediatek USB dongle, 

In system info:

Product ID: 0x7601

Vendor ID: 0x148f

Manufacture: Mediatek

Try the drivers in Clover, kext / 10.13  if your run macOS High Sierra or put in   / kext / Other not need kext Utility and rebuild cache for Clover

RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip

Edited by chris1111

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Try the drivers in Clover, kext / 10.13  if your run macOS High Sierra or put in   / kext / Other not need kext Utility and rebuild cache for Clover

Installed the kext and rebooted but still constantly opening and closing.. I managed to get the mediatek wireless utility to work from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mediatek-wireless-dongle-mt7601-chip-sierra.244543/

this one actually stays open now, but pretty sure it still isn't picking up my device... I've tried so many things, I just want this to work.. Any ideas..?

Hi Everyone.

I just installed My Human 150N Wifi USB Dongle in High Sierra 10.13.4. Ralink RT5370

Kext and PrefPane attached to post.

I got the Utility from here:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Drivers/Ralink-Wireless-Utility.shtml

My PID: 5370 VID: 148f

Decimal PID: 21360 Decimal VID: 5263

It seems to be a Mediatek wifi adapter, but I could not compile the driver found on their website.

https://www.mediatek.com/products/broadbandWifi/rt5370

DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane.zip

Wifi working.png

Humax Wifi Dongle.jpg

Hi jrhende,

I have downloaded the driver and installed in my macbook pro but nothing happens. My Asus usb-n53 is still not working

Edited by Mher

On 10/20/2017 at 12:54 PM, chris1111 said:

Here Installer for macOS High Sierra user with Clover UEFI or ESP ➤ WIFI Network macOS High Sierra

Working perfect in my Archer T2UH

Works in HFS+J Volumes or APFS Volumes

Follow all steps in the Packages, SIP need to be disable and also Gtaekkeper for using that.

Support Driver: 

connec10.png

This actually worked with one of my Wi-Fi USB adapters, the BELKIN N F5D8053. Thanks

On 11/3/2017 at 5:08 AM, chris1111 said:

@nip see ➤ macOS High Sierra Wifi Clover

Support Driver: 

RTUSB Installer Work for me 

Great Work CHRIS-111

I Using High Sierra 10.13.3

Keep It Up :weight_lift:

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 4.41.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 4.41.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 4.42.42 PM.png

Edited by majoract100

Hi,

Does the original package works in High Sierra or Mojave? I got a RT2870 chipset which was originally supported in the Ralink_Mediatek_USB.zip but the one from chris1111 in github don't seem to have support for this chip

14 hours ago, cotarelo said:

Hi,

Does the original package works in High Sierra or Mojave? I got a RT2870 chipset which was originally supported in the Ralink_Mediatek_USB.zip but the one from chris1111 in github don't seem to have support for this chip

See here 

that's works for RT2870

https://github.com/chris1111/TP-LINK-WIFI-Network-macOS

Edited by chris1111

23 hours ago, chris1111 said:

See here 

that's works for RT2870

https://github.com/chris1111/TP-LINK-WIFI-Network-macOS

Nice! Though I cant seem to work it, when I click on "Wireless utility" in the blue icon nothing appears.

Not sure if its related but in the instructions says that I should disable the System Integrity Protection so I logged into the recovery mode and typed

csrutil disable

It said that the SIP has been disabled though when I reboot and log back in and check with csrutil status it says its enabled with some custom configuration.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:58 PM, cotarelo said:

Nice! Though I cant seem to work it, when I click on "Wireless utility" in the blue icon nothing appears.

Not sure if its related but in the instructions says that I should disable the System Integrity Protection so I logged into the recovery mode and typed

csrutil disable

It said that the SIP has been disabled though when I reboot and log back in and check with csrutil status it says its enabled with some custom configuration.

Watch the video how to connect

Edited by chris1111