2,089 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, unixb0y said:

You did :D For whatever reason, @Rodion2010 still wanted me to make sure it was that chip ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ didn't understand myself why. But thanks also for the explanation on how you figured out the model :)

No problems Bro' but at certain point I was only unsure in having missing something.

Advertisement
2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

No problems Bro' but at certain point I was only unsure in having missing something.

Haha everything’s fine :D 

I hope that @Slice can help me with the fans, I think he was online earlier today!

On 12/19/2018 at 12:16 PM, p.H said:

Hi, I'd like to know what I could do to improve those readings. No doubt those reading are wrong. Here're some info from HWMonitor dump.

My config: Asus Prime Z370A + 8700K + GTX650Ti

Mainboard Model		PRIME Z370-A

LPCIO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LPCIO Vendor			Nuvoton
LPCIO Model			NCT6793/NCT5563
LPCIO Vendor ID			0x5CA3
LPCIO Chip ID			0xD1
LPCIO Revision ID		0x21

Hardware monitor		Nuvoton NCT6791D
	Voltage 0		5.08 Volts [0x7F] (+5V)
	Voltage 1		3.38 Volts [0xD3] (+3.3V)
	Voltage 2		12.29 Volts [0x80] (+12V)
	Voltage 3		1.07 Volts [0x86] (VIN3)
	Voltage 4		1.94 Volts [0x79] (VIN4)
	Voltage 5		0.67 Volts [0x2A] (VCORE)
	Temperature 0		28 degC (82 degF) [0x1C] (Mainboard)
	Temperature 1		30 degC (86 degF) [0x1E] (CPU)
	Temperature 2		28 degC (82 degF) [0x1C] (TMPIN2)
	Temperature 3		30 degC (86 degF) [0x1E] (TMPIN3)
	Temperature 5		50 degC (122 degF) [0x32] (TMPIN5)
	Temperature 6		22 degC (71 degF) [0x16] (TMPIN6)
	Fan 1			830 RPM [0x33E] (CPU)

image.thumb.png.c6273cdd2c274b2d489c783f5d4e5555.png

Hey, were you able to fix the Fan RPMs?

On 3/3/2019 at 2:37 AM, Rodion2010 said:

it is a good idea to make some hwinfo, hwmonitor and hwsensors dumps in Windows and/or Linux

you will see there exact model of your Super IO chip and number of available sensors

That's what I did, but I'm not sure that this is what you need. And I don’t know what to do with it ...HW.CSV.zip

On 3/6/2019 at 10:32 PM, unixb0y said:

Hey, were you able to fix the Fan RPMs?

On 3/6/2019 at 11:26 PM, AKlion said:

That's what I did, but I'm not sure that this is what you need. And I don’t know what to do with it ...HW.CSV.zip

Guys, potentially can give you a kernel panic so test it only if you can recover the system or use Clover in a USB pen drive.

[kext removed]

@AKlion, your is an unsupported Nuvoton NCT6798D where I tried to add support.

Edited by vector sigma
kext removed

17 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Guys, potentially can give you a kernel panic so test it only if you can recover the system or use Clover in a USB pen drive.

W836x.kext.zip

@AKlion, your is an unsupported Nuvoton NCT6798D where I tried to add support.

What exactly can give the kernel panic? 

I'll do a CCC backup maybe, before further tests :D
Actually I had an issue after putting the kexts into S/L/E where it wouldn't boot anymore but starting from the Clover USB was easily possible and from there I could move the files back to EFI/EFI/.... :thumbsup_anim:

58 minutes ago, unixb0y said:

Actually I had an issue after putting the kexts into S/L/E where it wouldn't boot anymore but starting from the Clover USB was easily possible and from there I could move the files back to EFI/EFI/.... :thumbsup_anim:

yes, using a copy of Clover from a USB pen it's enough because leave your setup working. I made more then one change but I think I have to go step by step. So here a tiny change only reading the Fans from this:

if (model >= NCT6681) {
    for (int i = 0; i < fanLimit; i++) {
      int bank = NUVOTON_TACHOMETER[i] >> 8;
      int reg  = NUVOTON_TACHOMETER[i] & 0xFF;
      int16_t msbyte = readByte(bank, reg);
      int16_t lsbyte = readByte(bank, reg + 1);
      fanValue[i] = (msbyte << 8) + lsbyte;
      fanValueObsolete[i] = false;
    }
    return;
  }

to this: 

if (model >= NCT6681) {
    for (int i = 0; i < fanLimit; i++) {
      UInt8 bank = NUVOTON_TACHOMETER[i] >> 8;
      UInt8 reg  = NUVOTON_TACHOMETER[i] & 0xFF;
      UInt8 msbyte = readByte(bank, reg);
      UInt8 lsbyte = readByte(bank, reg + 1);
      fanValue[i]  = (UInt16)((msbyte << 8) | lsbyte);
      fanValueObsolete[i] = false;
    }
    return;
  }

..should work, at least without kernel panic.

W836x.kext.zip

Edited by vector sigma
typo

4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

I tried to put a kext on a bootable USB flash drive with clover, but it did not work. Temperature sensors on the motherboard and fans also do not work.

5 minutes ago, AKlion said:

Does not work

Снимок экрана 2019-03-10 в 5.47.57.png

is it about FakeSMC or VirtualSMC? they use completely different sets of SuperIO plugins

W836x is for FakeSMC

SMCSuperIO for VirtualSMC

Edited by Rodion2010

If I put FakeSMC my machine starts working slower. And while working, I see that it is slower. Therefore, I put VirtualSMC.kext and so everything works much better.

8 hours ago, AKlion said:

If I put FakeSMC my machine starts working slower. And while working, I see that it is slower. Therefore, I put VirtualSMC.kext and so everything works much better.

:), this explain why nothing happened. Could you please try, anyway, FakeSMC.kext + IntelCPUMonitor.kext + W836x.kext attached just for testing purpose as I working on it :D?

FakeSMC.kext.zip

IntelCPUMonitor.kext.zip

W836x.kext.zip

To do that you have to take away temporarily VirtualSMC.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext.

P.S. using a USB pen drive

8 hours ago, Rodion2010 said:

is it about FakeSMC or VirtualSMC? they use completely different sets of SuperIO plugins

Thanks

Edited by vector sigma
typo

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

Did you tried the kext here?

No, I thought it's for the other superIO! I have the NCT6793D.

I "switched" to your new kext and it made no difference :-/ By the way: What does changing the values in the Info.plist → IOKitPersonalities → Winbond W836x Monitor Plugin → Sensors Configuration → ASUS → Z370-A actually do? Is it just for the text / labels that HWMonitor displays or does it actually affect if the kext works or not?

Edited by unixb0y

52 minutes ago, unixb0y said:

By the way: What does changing the values in the Info.plist → IOKitPersonalities → Winbond W836x Monitor Plugin → Sensors Configuration → ASUS → Z370-A actually do? Is it just for the text / labels that HWMonitor displays or does it actually affect if the kext works or not?

For the app does nothing since it reads SMC keys. The "Sensors Configuration" instead yes, it matter, and it is up to you to adjust it. Once we have a working and tested configuration we can add it to the project so that anyone else with your motherboard will be happy.

Then, you told me you are a programmer so I was expecting from you to read the code :), and make sure that under "Sensors Configuration"->ASUS you create a dictionary called like your motherboard name. Name that you can find in the ioreg (IODeviceTree) under "/efi->platform->OEMBoard" (or "/efi->platform->OEMProduct" if OEMBoard does not exist). This just to read a custom configuration, otherwise "Default" will taken into account instead.

So,  IOKitPersonalities → Winbond W836x Monitor Plugin → Sensors Configuration → ASUS → Z370-A will be read only if that match.

Here you told that everything works but the fan's reading, please ensure we are working in the same direction and ensure the custom configuration is read.

EDIT

and ensure FANINLIMIT is not 0 and <=7

Edited by vector sigma

30 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

This is the GUI version: IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

I did ioreg.

I can not understand why the forum subscription does not work and I do not receive letters from the forum. How to set up correct emails to arrive immediately?

iMac — AKlion.ioreg.zip

On 3/10/2019 at 1:22 PM, vector sigma said:

:), this explain why nothing happened. Could you please try, anyway, FakeSMC.kext + IntelCPUMonitor.kext + W836x.kext attached just for testing purpose as I working on it :D?

FakeSMC.kext.zip

IntelCPUMonitor.kext.zip

W836x.kext.zip

Good day.
Tell me if you can do the same for VirtualSMC.kext?

4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Anyway, can you show me the SMC dump by right clicking on first row in HWMonitorSMC2.app?

I made two dumps, one when I started with FakeSMC, the second when I started with VirtualSMC.

Compressed file.zip

On 3/13/2019 at 10:13 PM, vector sigma said:

Anyway, can you show me the SMC dump by right clicking on first row in HWMonitorSMC2.app?

Good day, today I was adjusting the processor and it was understood that the processor consumed power was not enough. It is very necessary to know the power consumed by the processor. Can this be done?

Снимок экрана 2019-03-16 в 5.45.11.png

12 hours ago, AKlion said:

Good day, today I was adjusting the processor and it was understood that the processor consumed power was not enough. It is very necessary to know the power consumed by the processor. Can this be done?

Снимок экрана 2019-03-16 в 5.45.11.png

Сенсоры от @slice не выдают smc ключей для мощности cpu и igpu, в отличии от vsmc и варианта козлика.

Нужно просить слайса чтобы добавил.

Just wondering if there is support for the ite8665 superio chip in the works?

seems like many modern asus boards are using this chip.

Not sure why I see no fan speed for my RX570. I have the following kexts in the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder:

ACPIMonitor.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelCPUMonitor.kext
ITEIT87x.kext
PC8739x.kext
RadeonMonitor.kext

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 10.56.30 AM.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By miliuco
      Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on Gigabyte P55-USB3 with Radeon RX 580 graphics card using a USB device created with the createinstallmedia command and Clover as bootloader. Instructions to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on this computer are almost identical, replacing Catalina app with Mojave, so this article is suitable for both versions of macOS. The Gigabyte P55-USB3 motherboard (and some others from the same brand with the P55 / H55 chipset) have made it easy to build a hackintosh and install macOS since 10 years ago. Although it is an old motherboard, the behavior with Mojave or Catalina is very good after changing the classic hard drive (HDD) for a solid state drive (SSD).

Components of the hackintosh
      Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 motherboard: P55 chipset, 1156 socket, ALC892 audio, Gigabit RTL8111D network, DDR3 RAM Intel Core i5-750 processor for socket 1156: 4 cores, 8MB cache, clock rate 2.66 GHz Fenvi FV-T919 wireless + Bluetooth card: PCI-Express, wifi is ac type, detected by macOS as Airport and Apple Bluetooth Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card: works OOB but with a few details to be considered, it has its own article.  
      Previous requirements
      Install macOS Catalina app in /Applications folder USB flash drive with at least 16GB prepared from Disk Utility with MBR partition scheme and formatted as Mac Os Plus (on older Gigabyte boards like mine, USB sticks partitioned with GUID scheme instead of MBR usually hang the system when booting) Recent version of Clover (I have used r5117) Recent versions of Lilu (at least 1.4.4) and WhateverGreen (at least 1.3.9) to fine-tune the behavior of the graphics card Recent version of RealtekRTL8111 (I have used 2.2.2) FaceSMC version 6.26-322 (newer versions disable automatic mounting of USB devices on my system).  
      Create install USB
      Run this command from Terminal (assuming the target device is called USB):
      Bash: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app
      Clover must be installed on the USB memory, I choose the following options:
      Bootloader > Install boot0af on the MBR CloverEFi > CloverEFI 64-bit SATA BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > Recommended drivers > FSInject + SMCHelper + XhciDxe BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > File System drivers > ApfsDriverLoader Install RC scripts on selected volume Optional RC scripts > Disable sleep proxy client.  
      You have to copy 4 kexts to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the USB device: FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2. Regarding the config.plist file, the most significant is:
      Boot > kext-dev-mode = 1 in Boot arguments GUI > Theme embedded, EmbeddedThemeType Dark, Screen Resolution 1920x1080, Preboot in Hide Volume Graphics > blank, nothing is checked except if foxbox solution is used to have more than 2 connectors enabled RT Variables > 0x28 in BooterConfig and 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig SMBios > iMac14,2 Sytem Parameters> Yes in Inject Kexts and check Inject System ID.  
      Install macOS Catalina

Boot from the USB device and choose Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina. The installation program runs until the PC restarts. Here choose Install macOS from HDD (the name of the volume you are installing macOS on). With RX 580 graphics card, the screen goes black in this second phase of the installation, it is a phase in which the user has nothing to do until the PC is restarted so you can let it work until the Clover menu again. You have to choose Boot macOS from HDDto boot the installed system from the hard disk, the screen is recovered and you can configure the account and the initial options. From this moment the screen works fine.

In summary:
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from HDD > black screen Boot from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from HDD > screen works fine.  
      Install Clover and kexts on the hard drive

Clover needs to be installed on the disk where we just installed macOS. Options are the same as when installing it on the USB memory. You also have to copy the 4 kexts (FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2) into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of the disk. And review the config.plist file remembering the comments for the USB.

If everything goes well, the computer starts from the hard disk with a running copy of macOS Catalina.

• By Slice
      The thread splitted from HWSensors3.

Tools to testing Radeon state.
      Load RadeonPCI.kext  
      RadeonPCI.kext.zip

How to load
      sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext sudo kextutil -v ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext and use RadeonDump utility
      RadeonDump1.zip

Commands to see temperature
      Polaris
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300014
      SeaIsaland
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 200,c0300014

Old families
      ./RadeonDump1 -r 714,7f4

Other possible methods to find a register for temperature
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300e0c
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,1c5
      ./RadeonDump -n 6b0,d8200ca4
      ./RadeonDump -r 59800,59810
      ./RadeonDump -r 678,680

Latest solution RadeonMonitor.kext here
      works for RX 460,480,580
      not works for HD7790, R9 290X?

Here works also with HD7790, R9 290X

Support VEGA here

Version for test modern cards
      RadeonPCI5.kext.zip

Version for Catalina
      RadeonPCI5-v2.kext.zip
    • By kevin_1351
      tl;dr: VirtualSMC causes me a flood of log messages and correlated cpu spikes. FakeSMC doesn't.

Hi, I have almost finalized my Huawei Matebook X Pro Opencore setup and everything is working very well besides wifi/bt ofc (which is about to change).

However, I noticed how the cpu usage sometimes went up a little and when looking at the Console I could see a never-ending flood of:
      default 14:05:05.983292+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:05.982975+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:05.982996+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985932+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985949+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.986134+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426574+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:39.426729+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426585+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431085+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431097+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431246+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433068+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:42.433227+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433078+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434453+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434465+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434622+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:44.436155+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:44.436166+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0  
      As you can see, multiple of these per second. Another guy with the same computer is also having this issue and posted a dsdt change to fix it. This fix didn't solve anything though
      He tried to limit the Notify call by implementing a state change requirement before calling Notify.

Here is the original acpi:
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } ^^PCI0.GFX0.CLID = Local0 Return (Local0) } } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change } } Which he changed to: 
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_OLD, One) // assuming everything else.. the lid should start open? Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } Return (Local0) } } Device (PNLF) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002")) // _HID: Hardware ID Name (_CID, "backlight") // _CID: Compatible ID Name (_UID, 0x0A) // _UID: Unique ID Name (_STA, 0x0B) // _STA: Status } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } If ((^^^^LID._OLD != Local0)) { Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change ^^^^LID._OLD = Local0 } } } Besides me not seeing any reason to declare _OLD in LID. The idea itself shouldn't be too bad right? Well, as I said, his fix didn't work.

In fact, to prove that Method _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue at all, I created a Clover/Opencore patch to change _Q81 to XQ81. This resulted in my lid not working at all of course, but the log flooding still persisted!
      So _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue afaik.

Now, further Google searches led me to a chinese post where he tied the issue to VirtualSMC. And indeed, by migrating to FakeSMC the issue is no more.

Unfortunately, I'm very fond of VirtualSMC for various reasons. So I would very much like to keep it. If not I'd have to implement the old way of doing Battery monitoring etcetc. Which isn't very elegant and update proof as it requires DSDT patching.

So, I do believe that the issue may very well be in the DSDT code, perhaps in the ambient light part. I'm not very skilled at this and just started studying the ACPI spec 3 days ago.

Could someone please help me out? Thanks a lot in advance

origin.zip
      OC.zip
    • By Slice
      Guys,
      Don't mix 6.18 and 3.41.

There are three different projects for monitoring temperatures, voltages, fans speed and other hardware parameters:
      Initially it was FakeSMC with plugins for producing SMC keys for hardware parameters for different hardware. But sometimes ago Kozlek separated own version of FakeSMC and producing new set of plugins while I stay with good working version 3. So..
      1. FakeSMC v3 with Hardware Sensors3  which I still supported.
      2. FakeSMC v6 (rev1800) by Kozlek and supported by Rehabman. AFAIK both are abandoned and the project is not supported. Or may be maintained by coauthors.
      3. New VirtualSMC by vit9696 with own set of sensors kexts. It depends on Lilu.kext. The project is in active development.
      All three project have incompatible interfaces sensors<->SMC so they are incompatible with each other.

There are applications for monitoring hardware parameters and they commonly depends on these projects.
      1. iStat, iStatMenu, iStatPro compatible with real Macs because they use SMC keys just like those presents in real Macs.
      2. HWMonitorSMC by Navi (initial codes from Kozlek)  used in my HWSensors3.
      3. HWMonitor by Kozlek with graphics like in IntelPowerGadget used in his HWSensors version.
      4. HWMonitorSMC2 by Vector_Sigma tends to be universal supporting all project. It also may use sensors information produces by Apple graphics and by IntelPowerGadget.

Let us discuss here differences and common ideas for this projects.