1,614 posts in this topic

Advertisement
3 hours ago, vector sigma said:

No grid = no horizontal grid, no vertical grid

Dashed Horizontally = it has only the dashed horizontal grid

Andrey, try this: HWMonitorSMC2.app_gridColor.zip

With option "grid color", now I see a difference.
Works good, thanks.

Edited by Andrey1970

10小时前,矢量西格玛说:

一切都很好,没有任何人的愤怒。法布里森和我?我们有同样的脾气.....任何人都没有问题,也没有问题。

I see. It seems that we need to abandon the "slice" non-renewal sensor. After adjusting, I got what I wanted. I haven't looked carefully at the previous discussion. I'm sorry.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:09 AM, Alpha22 said:

vector sigma 

possible to have the latest version to try

thank 

There's no latest version other then last one you can find here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/files/.

The very very latest is under testing by me and not commited, but soon I'll post it to let you try before doing a commit.

16 minutes ago, losinka said:

The app read everythings is connected through pci and has a gpu compatible class-code. Everything is fine becouse macOS connect thunderbolt devices like that as pci devices. The IOAccelerator is what we need to show properties of your card because contains the "PerformanceStatistics", but eGPU doesn't respond to this class and "PerformanceStatistics" is published under a children of display0 (or whatever it is connected).

So, I need to think on how retrieve those info before, and then create code to try:)

Edited by vector sigma

FYI only

The information in the ioreg is true. The first two strings is Vega RX64 and the second two strings is VegaFE.

[losinka@mac-pro]:~/Downloads$ ioreg -l | perl -lne 'print $1, $2 while /(?:"PerformanceStatistics".*\K("Temperature\(C\)"=\d+)|("Fan Speed\(RPM\)"=\d+))/g'
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1510
"Temperature(C)"=28
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2011
"Temperature(C)"=22
[losinka@mac-pro]:~/Downloads$

My RX580 GPU not showing in HWMonitorSMC2 App.

This is what I did:

I just downloaded HWSensors3 DMG from SF.

I removed my existing FakeSMC.kext from E/C/K/Other (and related sensor kexts).

I copied the new FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor, ITEIT87x and RadeonMonitor to E/C/K/Other and rebooted.

HWMonitorSMC2 App shows no GPU:1505120447_Screenshot2018-12-10at16_57_21.png.9750a903763862cb3aeb9c9fa6e38e23.png

Then I go into preferences for the App and tick the box "Use IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" and restarted the App.

Now I see :

1968251761_Screenshot2018-12-10at16_58_30.png.49dc66513067afe7e350c44d02e6509e.png

So, what is the point of RadeonMonitor.kext ?

How to display GPU info without  ticking "Use IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" box ?

Edited by MacNB
typo

Hi, I'd like to know what I could do to improve those readings. No doubt those reading are wrong. Here're some info from HWMonitor dump.

My config: Asus Prime Z370A + 8700K + GTX650Ti

Mainboard Model		PRIME Z370-A

LPCIO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LPCIO Vendor			Nuvoton
LPCIO Model			NCT6793/NCT5563
LPCIO Vendor ID			0x5CA3
LPCIO Chip ID			0xD1
LPCIO Revision ID		0x21

Hardware monitor		Nuvoton NCT6791D
	Voltage 0		5.08 Volts [0x7F] (+5V)
	Voltage 1		3.38 Volts [0xD3] (+3.3V)
	Voltage 2		12.29 Volts [0x80] (+12V)
	Voltage 3		1.07 Volts [0x86] (VIN3)
	Voltage 4		1.94 Volts [0x79] (VIN4)
	Voltage 5		0.67 Volts [0x2A] (VCORE)
	Temperature 0		28 degC (82 degF) [0x1C] (Mainboard)
	Temperature 1		30 degC (86 degF) [0x1E] (CPU)
	Temperature 2		28 degC (82 degF) [0x1C] (TMPIN2)
	Temperature 3		30 degC (86 degF) [0x1E] (TMPIN3)
	Temperature 5		50 degC (122 degF) [0x32] (TMPIN5)
	Temperature 6		22 degC (71 degF) [0x16] (TMPIN6)
	Fan 1			830 RPM [0x33E] (CPU)

image.thumb.png.c6273cdd2c274b2d489c783f5d4e5555.png

Edited by p.H

Hi Guys,

I recently swapped out my old GTX980Ti for a Vega 64 Liquid Cooled GPU in my video edit Hack so i could update to Mojave (now running 10.14.2)

I wanted to see what sort of temps .. etc the Vega was running at so I removed the old HWMonitor App, FakeSMC and Sensor plugins 

and installed the latest HWMonitorSMC2 App and the FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor & W836x kexts and enabled the option to use the IOAccelerator's for GPU Monitoring.

It works great and i can finally monitor whats going on with my Vega 64 ... great work guys !!

However there is something very odd going on with the Vega 64 Total Power reading ..

If i run a benchmark like FurMark in the default window mode then the Power reading seems about right at around 360W (yes Vega 64 really are that power hungry)

1470509963_Screenshot2018-12-20at00_15_30.png.e52009579ef46acf6c30d6bc93f2e5ea.png

However if i run FurMark (or any other Benchmark) in fullscreen (3440x1440) the reading almost doubles to around 680W which is obviously incorrect

970062433_Screenshot2018-12-20at00_15_55.png.c7a2562b695be9040dfebf87a038f300.png

I know AMD Vega's are power hungry devices but that clearly is not correct, the result is the same with any app that uses the GPU for 3D Open GL/CL Rendering

such as Vally, Heaven, FurMark  ... etc,  if the output is windowed the Total Power seems correct, but if i run it full screen then Total Power is crazy high ??

When running heaven or valley in window mode ... the bigger the window the higher the reading ?

It's very strange .... has anyone else seen this issue ?

Pretty sure its a MacOS thing as if i execute the terminal command

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Power

It also reports incorrect Power readings when running a 3d app ad fullscreen :-

MonkeyMac-Pro-2018:~ Jay$ ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Power'
"Fan Speed(%)"=45
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1501
"Temperature(C)"=33
"Total Power(W)"=683
MonkeyMac-Pro-2018:~ Jay$ 

Cheers

Jay

Edited by jaymonkey

It is already great achievement if you can start macOS on such hardware. Sensors monitoring looks to be a minor problem.

Test HWMonitorSMC2.app and report what is wrong.

19 hours ago, p.H said:

Hi, I'd like to know what I could do to improve those readings. No doubt those reading are wrong.

About Voltages  ... You need to find or calculate correct Ri/Rf for your motherboard and place it into kext info.plist

These values can be found in Linux LMSensors sources, sometimes in DSDT

Example

<key>VIN3</key>

<dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>3VCC</string>

<key>Rf</key>

<integer>100</integer>

<key>Ri</key>

<integer>100</integer>

<key>VRef</key>

<integer>0</integer>

</dict>

Edited by Rodion2010

6 hours ago, Slice said:

It is already great achievement if you can start macOS on such hardware. Sensors monitoring looks to be a minor problem.

Test HWMonitorSMC2.app and report what is wrong.

Already got macos 10.13.6 installed and booted up : )
i also got macos 10.13.6 installed on many other AMD Threadripper 1950x systems but they all dont show temperatures. same problem as with this system.

here is a pic from one of the 1950x system.
Screen_Shot_2018-12-20_at_7_30.06_AM.png.382dde194026ebcd3c14ed7948d96aad.png

For temperature the kexts i used is :
1954362515_ScreenShot2018-12-20at5_33_26PM.png.912b537da190d34b81eb0396da7cf1f3.png

in HWmonitorSMC.app it only shows GPU temp and nothing else.

Edited by XLNC

5 hours ago, Rodion2010 said:

About Voltages  ... You need to find or calculate correct Ri/Rf for your motherboard and place it into kext info.plist

These values can be found in Linux LMSensors sources, sometimes in DSDT

Example

<key>VIN3</key>

<dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>3VCC</string>

<key>Rf</key>

<integer>100</integer>

<key>Ri</key>

<integer>100</integer>

<key>VRef</key>

<integer>0</integer>

</dict>

Thanks for your suggestion. https://github.com/lm-sensors/lm-sensors/tree/master/configs This is the place where I tried to find my config. But I did not find it though.

Just to maker sure I am searching the right place.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, losinka said:

FYI only

The information in the ioreg is true. The first two strings is Vega RX64 and the second two strings is VegaFE.

[losinka@mac-pro]:~/Downloads$ ioreg -l | perl -lne 'print $1, $2 while /(?:"PerformanceStatistics".*\K("Temperature\(C\)"=\d+)|("Fan Speed\(RPM\)"=\d+))/g'
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1510
"Temperature(C)"=28
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=2011
"Temperature(C)"=22
[losinka@mac-pro]:~/Downloads$

Yes the second reading comes from the display where a eGPU is attached

On 12/20/2018 at 1:29 AM, jaymonkey said:

Hi Guys,

I recently swapped out my old GTX980Ti for a Vega 64 Liquid Cooled GPU in my video edit Hack so i could update to Mojave (now running 10.14.2)

I wanted to see what sort of temps .. etc the Vega was running at so I removed the old HWMonitor App, FakeSMC and Sensor plugins 

and installed the latest HWMonitorSMC2 App and the FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor & W836x kexts and enabled the option to use the IOAccelerator's for GPU Monitoring.

It works great and i can finally monitor whats going on with my Vega 64 ... great work guys !!

However there is something very odd going on with the Vega 64 Total Power reading ..

If i run a benchmark like FurMark in the default window mode then the Power reading seems about right at around 360W (yes Vega 64 really are that power hungry)

1470509963_Screenshot2018-12-20at00_15_30.png.e52009579ef46acf6c30d6bc93f2e5ea.png

However if i run FurMark (or any other Benchmark) in fullscreen (3440x1440) the reading almost doubles to around 680W which is obviously incorrect

970062433_Screenshot2018-12-20at00_15_55.png.c7a2562b695be9040dfebf87a038f300.png

I know AMD Vega's are power hungry devices but that clearly is not correct, the result is the same with any app that uses the GPU for 3D Open GL/CL Rendering

such as Vally, Heaven, FurMark  ... etc,  if the output is windowed the Total Power seems correct, but if i run it full screen then Total Power is crazy high ??

When running heaven or valley in window mode ... the bigger the window the higher the reading ?

It's very strange .... has anyone else seen this issue ?

Pretty sure its a MacOS thing as if i execute the terminal command

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Power

It also reports incorrect Power readings when running a 3d app ad fullscreen :-

MonkeyMac-Pro-2018:~ Jay$ ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Power'
"Fan Speed(%)"=45
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=1501
"Temperature(C)"=33
"Total Power(W)"=683
MonkeyMac-Pro-2018:~ Jay$ 

Cheers

Jay

These values are just read from the ioreg with no interpretation, i.e. HWMonitorSMC2.app just read what your driver says just as you can do using the Terminal. But, why do you think they are wrong?