2,089 posts in this topic

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Slice said:

This command does nothing

It remove everythings inside ~/Library/Preferences/org.slice.HWMonitorSMC2.plist

1 hour ago, Slice said:

In version 2.2.0 Gear was working and Close button was working. I temporary returned to this version.

Was different but not too much. I'm testing for a solution, but is difficult to say since here works as expected. Within an hour I'll post a version to test.

18 hours ago, jinbingmao said:

"Ambient"  error

keys where the same, fixed here.

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

Can anyone tell me if in the one attached the problem persist?

P.S. there are no constraints so the buttons at bottom may have incorrect position and you may need to expand the view to see them, but I want to know if this way is working.

HWMonitorSMC2.app_v2t.zip

Here also.
In versions without license of this problem is not present.

5 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

License only run once, so after that (after close/reopen) must be the same. You confirm?

Yes. After adoption of the license and forced closing HWMonitorSMC2, all other starts HWMonitorSMC2 works well.

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Gear and Close are working.

No grid in this version.

Ok now I have clear idea. I removed the grid.... can I ask if is better or not?

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Northbridge temperature is a fake. I have no such sensor.

Is defined this way:

let SMC_NORTHBRIDGE_TEMP        = "TN0P"

in the old one was:

#define KEY_NORTHBRIDGE_TEMPERATURE             "TN0P" // MCP Proximity Top Side

6 hours ago, jinbingmao said:

1.png.0ca4665e34cce2a81396cb42b49f5890.png1.png.0ca4665e34cce2a81396cb42b49f5890.png1.png.0ca4665e34cce2a81396cb42b49f5890.png

2.png

I said it before it was like that. It is a test version.

我之前就是这么说的。 这是一个测试版本。

2 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

may I ask a feature?

is it possible to have only one instance fo this app open?

For my fault I launch it from desktop or from download and some time I have many instances opened at start :)

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 10.05.59 AM.png

Sure, anyway I cannot grant the newer will be loaded. For that look at "System Preferences->Users & Groups->Login Items"

Thank you

New test version works fine without hangs

I would like to say if you have two monitor connected as in my case

I have left one set as main monitor, if I have app opened on it and I click on button near settings gear to see graphical window value, popup open on other monitor I can drag it on main monitor but enabling /disabling it produce always it opens on other monitor

I prefer a more contrasted version with grid or different enphatization from line to next one

32 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

I prefer a more contrasted version with grid or different enphatization from line to next one

There will be a theme to choose, so anyone can decide which.

34 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

I would like to say if you have two monitor connected as in my case

I have left one set as main monitor, if I have app opened on it and I click on button near settings gear to see graphical window value, popup open on other monitor I can drag it on main monitor but enabling /disabling it produce always it opens on other monitor

I'll try to change this behavior (behaviour?).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By miliuco
      Install macOS 10.15 Catalina on Gigabyte P55-USB3 with Radeon RX 580 graphics card using a USB device created with the createinstallmedia command and Clover as bootloader. Instructions to install macOS 10.14 Mojave on this computer are almost identical, replacing Catalina app with Mojave, so this article is suitable for both versions of macOS. The Gigabyte P55-USB3 motherboard (and some others from the same brand with the P55 / H55 chipset) have made it easy to build a hackintosh and install macOS since 10 years ago. Although it is an old motherboard, the behavior with Mojave or Catalina is very good after changing the classic hard drive (HDD) for a solid state drive (SSD).

Components of the hackintosh
      Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 motherboard: P55 chipset, 1156 socket, ALC892 audio, Gigabit RTL8111D network, DDR3 RAM Intel Core i5-750 processor for socket 1156: 4 cores, 8MB cache, clock rate 2.66 GHz Fenvi FV-T919 wireless + Bluetooth card: PCI-Express, wifi is ac type, detected by macOS as Airport and Apple Bluetooth Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card: works OOB but with a few details to be considered, it has its own article.  
      Previous requirements
      Install macOS Catalina app in /Applications folder USB flash drive with at least 16GB prepared from Disk Utility with MBR partition scheme and formatted as Mac Os Plus (on older Gigabyte boards like mine, USB sticks partitioned with GUID scheme instead of MBR usually hang the system when booting) Recent version of Clover (I have used r5117) Recent versions of Lilu (at least 1.4.4) and WhateverGreen (at least 1.3.9) to fine-tune the behavior of the graphics card Recent version of RealtekRTL8111 (I have used 2.2.2) FaceSMC version 6.26-322 (newer versions disable automatic mounting of USB devices on my system).  
      Create install USB
      Run this command from Terminal (assuming the target device is called USB):
      Bash: sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app
      Clover must be installed on the USB memory, I choose the following options:
      Bootloader > Install boot0af on the MBR CloverEFi > CloverEFI 64-bit SATA BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > Recommended drivers > FSInject + SMCHelper + XhciDxe BIOS Drivers, 64 bit > File System drivers > ApfsDriverLoader Install RC scripts on selected volume Optional RC scripts > Disable sleep proxy client.  
      You have to copy 4 kexts to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the USB device: FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2. Regarding the config.plist file, the most significant is:
      Boot > kext-dev-mode = 1 in Boot arguments GUI > Theme embedded, EmbeddedThemeType Dark, Screen Resolution 1920x1080, Preboot in Hide Volume Graphics > blank, nothing is checked except if foxbox solution is used to have more than 2 connectors enabled RT Variables > 0x28 in BooterConfig and 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig SMBios > iMac14,2 Sytem Parameters> Yes in Inject Kexts and check Inject System ID.  
      Install macOS Catalina

Boot from the USB device and choose Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina. The installation program runs until the PC restarts. Here choose Install macOS from HDD (the name of the volume you are installing macOS on). With RX 580 graphics card, the screen goes black in this second phase of the installation, it is a phase in which the user has nothing to do until the PC is restarted so you can let it work until the Clover menu again. You have to choose Boot macOS from HDDto boot the installed system from the hard disk, the screen is recovered and you can configure the account and the initial options. From this moment the screen works fine.

In summary:
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from HDD > black screen Boot from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from HDD > screen works fine.  
      Install Clover and kexts on the hard drive

Clover needs to be installed on the disk where we just installed macOS. Options are the same as when installing it on the USB memory. You also have to copy the 4 kexts (FaceSMC 6.26-322, Lilu 1.4.4, WhateverGreen 1.3.9 and RealtekRTL8111 2.2.2) into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of the disk. And review the config.plist file remembering the comments for the USB.

If everything goes well, the computer starts from the hard disk with a running copy of macOS Catalina.

• By Slice
      The thread splitted from HWSensors3.

Tools to testing Radeon state.
      Load RadeonPCI.kext  
      RadeonPCI.kext.zip

How to load
      sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext sudo kextutil -v ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext and use RadeonDump utility
      RadeonDump1.zip

Commands to see temperature
      Polaris
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300014
      SeaIsaland
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 200,c0300014

Old families
      ./RadeonDump1 -r 714,7f4

Other possible methods to find a register for temperature
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300e0c
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,1c5
      ./RadeonDump -n 6b0,d8200ca4
      ./RadeonDump -r 59800,59810
      ./RadeonDump -r 678,680

Latest solution RadeonMonitor.kext here
      works for RX 460,480,580
      not works for HD7790, R9 290X?

Here works also with HD7790, R9 290X

Support VEGA here

Version for test modern cards
      RadeonPCI5.kext.zip

Version for Catalina
      RadeonPCI5-v2.kext.zip
    • By kevin_1351
      tl;dr: VirtualSMC causes me a flood of log messages and correlated cpu spikes. FakeSMC doesn't.

Hi, I have almost finalized my Huawei Matebook X Pro Opencore setup and everything is working very well besides wifi/bt ofc (which is about to change).

However, I noticed how the cpu usage sometimes went up a little and when looking at the Console I could see a never-ending flood of:
      default 14:05:05.983292+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:05.982975+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:05.982996+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985932+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985949+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.986134+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426574+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:39.426729+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426585+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431085+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431097+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431246+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433068+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:42.433227+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433078+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434453+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434465+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434622+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:44.436155+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:44.436166+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0  
      As you can see, multiple of these per second. Another guy with the same computer is also having this issue and posted a dsdt change to fix it. This fix didn't solve anything though
      He tried to limit the Notify call by implementing a state change requirement before calling Notify.

Here is the original acpi:
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } ^^PCI0.GFX0.CLID = Local0 Return (Local0) } } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change } } Which he changed to: 
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_OLD, One) // assuming everything else.. the lid should start open? Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } Return (Local0) } } Device (PNLF) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002")) // _HID: Hardware ID Name (_CID, "backlight") // _CID: Compatible ID Name (_UID, 0x0A) // _UID: Unique ID Name (_STA, 0x0B) // _STA: Status } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } If ((^^^^LID._OLD != Local0)) { Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change ^^^^LID._OLD = Local0 } } } Besides me not seeing any reason to declare _OLD in LID. The idea itself shouldn't be too bad right? Well, as I said, his fix didn't work.

In fact, to prove that Method _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue at all, I created a Clover/Opencore patch to change _Q81 to XQ81. This resulted in my lid not working at all of course, but the log flooding still persisted!
      So _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue afaik.

Now, further Google searches led me to a chinese post where he tied the issue to VirtualSMC. And indeed, by migrating to FakeSMC the issue is no more.

Unfortunately, I'm very fond of VirtualSMC for various reasons. So I would very much like to keep it. If not I'd have to implement the old way of doing Battery monitoring etcetc. Which isn't very elegant and update proof as it requires DSDT patching.

So, I do believe that the issue may very well be in the DSDT code, perhaps in the ambient light part. I'm not very skilled at this and just started studying the ACPI spec 3 days ago.

Could someone please help me out? Thanks a lot in advance

origin.zip
      OC.zip
    • By Slice
      Guys,
      Don't mix 6.18 and 3.41.

There are three different projects for monitoring temperatures, voltages, fans speed and other hardware parameters:
      Initially it was FakeSMC with plugins for producing SMC keys for hardware parameters for different hardware. But sometimes ago Kozlek separated own version of FakeSMC and producing new set of plugins while I stay with good working version 3. So..
      1. FakeSMC v3 with Hardware Sensors3  which I still supported.
      2. FakeSMC v6 (rev1800) by Kozlek and supported by Rehabman. AFAIK both are abandoned and the project is not supported. Or may be maintained by coauthors.
      3. New VirtualSMC by vit9696 with own set of sensors kexts. It depends on Lilu.kext. The project is in active development.
      All three project have incompatible interfaces sensors<->SMC so they are incompatible with each other.

There are applications for monitoring hardware parameters and they commonly depends on these projects.
      1. iStat, iStatMenu, iStatPro compatible with real Macs because they use SMC keys just like those presents in real Macs.
      2. HWMonitorSMC by Navi (initial codes from Kozlek)  used in my HWSensors3.
      3. HWMonitor by Kozlek with graphics like in IntelPowerGadget used in his HWSensors version.
      4. HWMonitorSMC2 by Vector_Sigma tends to be universal supporting all project. It also may use sensors information produces by Apple graphics and by IntelPowerGadget.

Let us discuss here differences and common ideas for this projects.