749 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@RandomTech, @zxv, and all, this new version (should) gives to you (and all others who have a not too old Radeon card I suppose) detailed info about your GPU such Core Clock, Temperature, Fan speed/rate, Device Utilization and its activity, without using any plugins like RadeonMonitor.kext or similar. Anyway this new functionality make, finally, appears little informations also for iGPUs like my Intel HD4000 and should work as well for old or new ones, I guess.

How to:

open HWMonitorSMC.app and go to the preference, turn on "Use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" and restart the app.

Note:

Activating this function cause the app to ignore kexts plugins regarding GPU things and of course no a full monitoring with Funs, GPU clock, GPU temperature etc. can only show up if your graphics driver publish them. 

Anyway, even if the new functionality is activated, and no one information is found in the IOAccelerator, the app fall back to reading SMC keys published by a real SMC or by HWSensor's plugins

What is not working:

I've to add the log "on right click" for the "GPUs" node, no time left today, but will be added soon.

Translations to be added:

@Slice, @Mork vom Ork, @Sherlocks, @maoyeye, I need a translation to your native languages for the following keys:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs""use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

"GPUs" = "GPUs"

"Core Clock" = "Core Clock";

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Fan/Pump Speed"

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Fan/Pump Speed rate"

"Device Utilization" = "Device Utilization"

"GPU Activity" = "Activity"

please test the attached app and report back, thanks in advance!

HWMonitorSMC2.app_v2.1.9_Acc.zip

this is really cool.

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Slice said:

There must not be word by word translation because for example Russian language assumes skip words known from the context. 

Not sure I've understand you correctly, but isn't already as is?:worried_anim:

12 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

german translation fixed:

"GPUs" = "GPUs"; // GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Core Clock" = "Kerngeschwindigkeit"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl (RPM)"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl (%)"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Device Utilization" = "Geräteauslastung"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"GPU Activity" = "GPU-Aktivität"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

And don't ask me why, but now it is correct:

GPU_HWMonitor2.jpg.5105a31127f2311d7d26b1cce8332f73.jpg

PUMP/FAN Speed in RPM and in %

Thanks, I'll make it like the following:

"Core Clock" = "Kerngeschwindigkeit"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics
"Device Utilization" = "Geräteauslastung"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

RPM and % are already on the last column :), there is no connection from the key used to retrieve the value from the IO registry from what is displayed. Please confirm.

10 minutes ago, RandomTech said:

this is really cool.

Works good?

Edited by vector sigma

Posted (edited)

@Mork vom Ork, please you forgot the translation for:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" "use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

17 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

and this should not be like the previous, as I said the units of measurement are always on the last column, thanks.

Edited by vector sigma

4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@Mork vom Ork, please you forgot the translation for:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" "use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

and this should not be like the previous, as I said the units of measurement are always on the last column, thanks.

no, i did not. i just updated my previous post 2 minutes after you read it 4 the first time :-)

But here it is again,

german translation fixed:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" = "GPU Überwachung anzeigen"

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Lüfter/Pumpen Drehzahl"; //GPU, when taken from PerformanceStatistics

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mork vom Ork said:

no, i did not. i just updated my previous post 2 minutes after you read it 4 the first time :-)

ah ok, just watched my quote of your post that was without:)

Please don't get me for a bale break Lol. This line: "use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" = "GPU Überwachung anzeigen"

Doesn't mean "show" something, but should mean that uses different tectnology, in fact in both cases GPU informations should show up, if not checked it will use SMC calls, otherwise will be as always.. in a hack from RadeonMonitor.kext.. DSDT, SSDT etc while in a Mac should just work.

Is that correct?

Edited by vector sigma

its probably ''IOAccelerator's aktivieren für GPU Überwachung anzeigen''

I think ''IOAccelerator's'' is more like a code name which is not necessary to be translated, something like ''Apple macOS'' is the same name for all languages.

im not native German but I do speak the language a little bit.

17 hours ago, RandomTech said:

its probably ''IOAccelerator's aktivieren für GPU Überwachung anzeigen''

I think ''IOAccelerator's'' is more like a code name which is not necessary to be translated, something like ''Apple macOS'' is the same name for all languages.

im not native German but I do speak the language a little bit.

IOAccelerator is a kernel class, like AppleHDA, AppleSmartBattery, IntelCPUPowerManagement, etc.., so the goal is to inform the user what is going to do and why Fans rotation speed (but also clock and temperature) will not show up if you are using an NVIdia/Intel cards, or why informations show up using instead with GeforceSensors.kext. Basically I don't want anyone to expect to push a magical button that in fact needs specific conditions to work. So, even for who didin't know kernel programming, everyone can grasp the meaning of a substantial difference. In addition, as I said this way allow us to finally show "something" for integrated GPUs for those who willing, and can also show multiple gpus w/o the need of additional extensions. This will only work if the Accelerator node in your IOreg is populated with the informations you need that must be published by the drivers shipped with your OS.

Thanks for the translation, I'll take it into account. Tonight I'm a little tired from the working day, so I will postpone the publication of the new code and the new translations to tomorrow. See you guys.

5 hours ago, vector sigma said:

IOAccelerator is a kernel class, like AppleHDA, AppleSmartBattery, IntelCPUPowerManagement, etc.., so the goal is to inform the user what is going to do and why Fans rotation speed (but also clock and temperature) will not show up if you are using an NVIdia/Intel cards, or why informations show up using instead with GeforceSensors.kext. Basically I don't want anyone to expect to push a magical button that in fact needs specific conditions to work. So, even for who didin't know kernel programming, everyone can grasp the meaning of a substantial difference. In addition, as I said this way allow us to finally show "something" for integrated GPUs for those who willing, and can also show multiple gpus w/o the need of additional extensions. This will only work if the Accelerator node in your IOreg is populated with the informations you need that must be published by the drivers shipped with your OS.

Thanks for the translation, I'll take it into account. Tonight I'm a little tired from the working day, so I will postpone the publication of the new code and the new translations to tomorrow. See you guys.

Take your time my friend to give us even better results :wink_anim:

On 6/10/2018 at 2:11 PM, vector sigma said:

@RandomTech, @zxv, and all, this new version (should) gives to you (and all others who have a not too old Radeon card I suppose) detailed info about your GPU such Core Clock, Temperature, Fan speed/rate, Device Utilization and its activity, without using any plugins like RadeonMonitor.kext or similar. Anyway this new functionality make, finally, appears little informations also for iGPUs like my Intel HD4000 and should work as well for old or new ones, I guess.

Looking good here. Great work my dude.

429572998_ScreenShot2018-06-11at23_11_03.thumb.png.df7a7c25209a68952fc147b6a6995b82.png

Hi vector sigma,

Look please

adding HWMonitorSMC.app v2..
creating dmg file..
created: /Users/Slice/Projects/hwsensors3/compilations/package/HWSensors-3_r155.dmg
/dev/disk3          	GUID_partition_scheme          	
/dev/disk3s1        	Apple_HFS                      	/Users/Slice/HWSensors-3_r155
setting images..
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" cannot be used with the current OS because it has no OSAXHandlers entry in its Info.plist.

detaching..
DMG name: HWSensors-3_r155.dmg

It is HighSierra 10.13.5 + Xcode9.4

19 hours ago, Slice said:

Hi vector sigma,

Look please

creating dmg file..
created: /Users/Slice/Projects/hwsensors3/compilations/package/HWSensors-3_r155.dmg
/dev/disk3s1        	Apple_HFS                      	/Users/Slice/HWSensors-3_r155
setting images..
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" cannot be used with the current OS because it has no OSAXHandlers entry in its Info.plist.

detaching..

Intresting. I need to update to 10.13.5 first, let you know.

20 hours ago, Slice said:

Hi vector sigma,

Look please

creating dmg file..
setting images..

detaching..

Here works as expected, but I don't have

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax

I'll suggest you to remove (back up) 'Adobe Unit Types.osax' and try again.

22 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

This sound a problem with Adobe CS 4? You should consider to upgrade it .. to a 64 bit version

I installed High Sierra over 10.11 where I used CS4. Now it is not present so yes, I can delete oasx. Thanks!

PS. It is better to make clean install :compress:

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

I installed High Sierra over 10.11 where I used CS4. Now it is not present so yes, I can delete oasx. Thanks!

PS. It is better to make clean install :compress:

ok I'll do it tonight, have to go..

On 6/11/2018 at 4:11 AM, vector sigma said:

How to:

open HWMonitorSMC.app and go to the preference, turn on "Use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs" and restart the app.

Note:

Activating this function cause the app to ignore kexts plugins regarding GPU things and of course no a full monitoring with Funs, GPU clock, GPU temperature etc. can only show up if your graphics driver publish them. 

Anyway, even if the new functionality is activated, and no one information is found in the IOAccelerator, the app fall back to reading SMC keys published by a real SMC or by HWSensor's plugins

What is not working:

I've to add the log "on right click" for the "GPUs" node, no time left today, but will be added soon.

Translations to be added:

@Slice, @Mork vom Ork, @Sherlocks, @maoyeye, I need a translation to your native languages for the following keys:

"use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs""use the IOAccelerator's monitoring for GPUs";

"GPUs" = "GPUs"

"Core Clock" = "Core Clock";

"Fan/Pump Speed" = "Fan/Pump Speed"

"Fan/Pump Speed rate" = "Fan/Pump Speed rate"

"Device Utilization" = "Device Utilization"

"GPU Activity" = "Activity"

sorry for late.

here is translation

thanks in advance

ko.lproj.zip

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Slice said:

PS. It is better to make clean install

Sorry but this morning I was hasty. Did you mean to clean and build together? I made 'make fresh' that clean and build everythings..

P.S. SF is down atm

Edited by vector sigma

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Slice said:

At your will.

I meant macOS fresh install :)

You can try by your self, committed, among all other changes (MSLD key by Mald0n and the IOAccelerator monitoring). Going to play with Clover....

Edited by vector sigma

Hi @vector sigma,

The monitor is still not perfect.

Why my GPU not supported metal?

HWMonitorSMC2 v2.1.9 

VIDEO CARD 1:
	Model:				NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
	Vendor ID:				de 10 00 00 (NVidia)
	Device ID:				c6 0f 00 00
	Revision ID:			a2 00 00 00
	Subsystem Vendor ID:		de 10 00 00
	Subsystem ID:			10 00 00 00
	class-code:				00 00 03 00
	IOName:				display
	pcidebug:				1:0:0
	built-in:				01 00 00 00
	compatible:			pci10de,292apci10de,fc6pciclass,030000GFX0
	acpi-path:				IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/PEG0@10000/GFX0@0
	rm_board_number:		00 00 00 00
	NVDA,noEFI:			true
	NVArch:					GK100
	rom-revision:				VBIOS 80.07.35.00.00
	NVCLASS:				NVDA
	NVCAP:				05 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00
	pci-aspm-default:				0x0
	VRAM,totalMB:			ff 03 00 00
	device_type:			NVDA,Parent
	NVDA,accel-loaded:		01 00 00 00
	vbios-revision:			00 00 35 07 80
	vNVDA,Features:			00 08 00 00
	IONVRAMProperty:			true
	NVDAinitgl_created:		yes
	IOPCIMSIMode			true
	NVDAType:				Official
	Additional Properties:
		AAPL,slot-name:  	50 43 49 20 53 6c 6f 74 20 30 00
		AAPL,ndrv-dev:   	1
	Metal support: false

It does!

Снимок экрана 2018-06-16 в 11.14.53.png

Снимок экрана 2018-06-16 в 11.16.08.png

and what is the name or number of GPU here?

Снимок экрана 2018-06-16 в 11.08.32.png

@vector sigma,

This is wrong commit. MSLD should not be set in FakeSMC. If it will be constant then hibernation will not work.

The better to implement dynamic value by ACPI method

It's a pity it can't be common method. It is hardware dependent.

7 hours ago, Slice said:

The better to implement dynamic value by ACPI method

Sorry Slice, wasn't aware of that, also I think I made a mistake, see here

Somehow spaces in the key was removed. Can you revert it for me? .. here sf is unresponsive.