2,079 posts in this topic

fabiosun and Rockey12 could you please test the attached app?

..as fabiosun suggested .. CPU things (temperature and frequencies) are now under a two new views with scroller (totally written in code), so no matter how many core your cpu have.

@Slice, is not yet finished (checkboxes are buggie and I need to fix it) but a lot of changes behind this, if you like I'll continue work on it, let me know.

HWMonitorSMC_v2_test.app.zip

Advertisement

Some problem NV scroll bar are there but do not scroll

then it quits

it seems also that NSScrollView is not dynamic and it starts with bar also if you do not need of them :-)

Thank you for your effort

PS

it seems also that all diode and cpu are default selected

post-468967-0-91135900-1514961062_thumb.png

post-468967-0-54189700-1514961071_thumb.png

post-468967-0-46798200-1514961078_thumb.png

Some problem NV scroll bar are there but do not scroll

then it quits

Thanks, I see from the crash log that the problem is related to a syncronus thread, must be asyncronus, ok.

it seems also that NSScrollView is not dynamic and it starts with bar also if you do not need of them :-)

Sorry but this is correct instead, the scroller appear only when there is something to scroll and you have 22 cores.. so is visible. With 2 or 4 cores this doesn't happen. If you don't want to see it, I can hide the scroller permanently.

it seems also that all diode and cpu are default selected

Yes, what I said in my previous post checkboxes are buggie, code is incomplete and this was a test:

@Slice, is not yet finished (checkboxes are buggie and I need to fix it) but a lot of changes behind this, if you like I'll continue work on it, let me know.

As soon I have time I'll correct it.

Guys tell me, do you want to see info for only phisycal cpu, I'm wrong? Otherwise doesn't make sense to me... 

Attached a tiny command line I made, double click on it:

name:             Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

phisycal core n.: 2

logical  core n.: 4

active   core n.: 4

I'm referring to blue line

PS What I want to do is to keep HWMonitor auto-detect number of cpu and limit it to that, using this code.

Hope this is still usefull...

Mac-Pro-de-Paulo:Downloads pauloaugusto$ chmod a+x cpuinfo 
Mac-Pro-de-Paulo:Downloads pauloaugusto$ ./cpuinfo 
name:             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz
phisycal core n.: 8
logical  core n.: 16
active   core n.: 16
Mac-Pro-de-Paulo:Downloads pauloaugusto$ 

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Thanks guys, the cpuinfo cmd was just a simple code that I wanted to see how worked on hackintoshes. Looks good.

Hope this is still usefull...

Mac-Pro-de-Paulo:Downloads pauloaugusto$ chmod a+x cpuinfo 
Mac-Pro-de-Paulo:Downloads pauloaugusto$ ./cpuinfo 
name:             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz
phisycal core n.: 8
logical  core n.: 16
active   core n.: 16
Mac-Pro-de-Paulo:Downloads pauloaugusto$ 

Boa sorte,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,  your 8-cores, and fabiosun's  22-cores will be very usefull to determine the right height of the new view that will be automatically adjusted. Only I have to wait for next end of week.

Спасибо!

Any chances to have the rest of them? I can't seem to figure out how to compile from SourceForge (r86)

Спасибо!

Any chances to have the rest of them? I can't seem to figure out how to compile from SourceForge (r86)

Uploaded to sf.net.

It can be compiled by Xcode7,8,9 if someone wants.

Thank you Slice.

I'm new to Xcode, when I try to build it only build ACPIMonitor.kext oddly.

Also on the side note, did I miss NuvotonNCT677x.kext ?

Just a small update on the dual xeon 2696v4

Couple of things I've noticed besides whats been talked;

Ambient Temperatures, CPU Heatsink, Motherboard, and is there a way to check the GPU Memory, Freq? And can MultiGPU get stats?

You guys are the best!!!! 

post-6786-0-38215400-1515134973_thumb.jpeg

Thank you Slice.

I'm new to Xcode, when I try to build it only build ACPIMonitor.kext oddly.

Also on the side note, did I miss NuvotonNCT677x.kext ?

Nuvoton is Winbond. W836x.kext

hey Slice,

Awesome work!

Just wondering if you could help me get more accurate/more information for my Asus x299 Prime Deluxe. Ive attached an image with what is working so far. however the processor is a 7980xe with 18/36 cores/threads. and the board is missing the readout on a few sensors. Let me know where i should start looking on how to get this working better. or if u are able to provide any help.

Thank you in advanced

Hello. I have the same Mainboard. Wich plugin you used to show fan and voltage info? 

hey Slice,

Awesome work!

Just wondering if you could help me get more accurate/more information for my Asus x299 Prime Deluxe. Ive attached an image with what is working so far. however the processor is a 7980xe with 18/36 cores/threads. and the board is missing the readout on a few sensors. Let me know where i should start looking on how to get this working better. or if u are able to provide any help.

Thank you in advanced

Hello. I have the same Mainboard. Wich plugin you used to show fan and voltage info?

Should be this one

Winbond/Nuvoton monitor

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kevin_1351
      tl;dr: VirtualSMC causes me a flood of log messages and correlated cpu spikes. FakeSMC doesn't.

Hi, I have almost finalized my Huawei Matebook X Pro Opencore setup and everything is working very well besides wifi/bt ofc (which is about to change).

However, I noticed how the cpu usage sometimes went up a little and when looking at the Console I could see a never-ending flood of:
      default 14:05:05.983292+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:05.982975+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:05.982996+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985932+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.985949+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:06.986134+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426574+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:39.426729+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:39.426585+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431085+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431097+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:41.431246+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433068+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:42.433227+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:42.433078+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434453+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434465+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:43.434622+0100 loginwindow clamshellStateChanged | Clamshell state changed: closed=0, shouldSleepWhenClosed=2 default 14:05:44.436155+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0 default 14:05:44.436166+0100 kernel PMRD: clamshell closed 0, disabled 0, desktopMode 0, ac 0 sleepDisabled 0  
      As you can see, multiple of these per second. Another guy with the same computer is also having this issue and posted a dsdt change to fix it. This fix didn't solve anything though
      He tried to limit the Notify call by implementing a state change requirement before calling Notify.

Here is the original acpi:
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } ^^PCI0.GFX0.CLID = Local0 Return (Local0) } } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change } } Which he changed to: 
      Scope (_SB) { Device (LID) { Name (_OLD, One) // assuming everything else.. the lid should start open? Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D") /* Lid Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized) // _LID: Lid Status { Local0 = One Local0 = ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RPIN (0x05, 0x06) If ((Local0 == 0x55)) { Local0 = Zero } Else { Local0 = One } Return (Local0) } } Device (PNLF) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002")) // _HID: Hardware ID Name (_CID, "backlight") // _CID: Compatible ID Name (_UID, 0x0A) // _UID: Unique ID Name (_STA, 0x0B) // _STA: Status } Device (PWRB) { Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C") /* Power Button Device */) // _HID: Hardware ID Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status { Return (0x0B) } } } Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0) { Method (_Q81, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query, xx=0x00-0xFF { Local0 = ^^^^LID._LID () If ((Local0 == Zero)) { ADBG ("LID-OFF") SGOV (0x02030009, Zero) SGOV (0x02060000, Zero) } Else { ADBG ("LID-ON") SGOV (0x02030009, One) SGOV (0x02060000, One) Notify (ALSD, 0x80) // Status Change } If ((^^^^LID._OLD != Local0)) { Notify (LID, 0x80) // Status Change ^^^^LID._OLD = Local0 } } } Besides me not seeing any reason to declare _OLD in LID. The idea itself shouldn't be too bad right? Well, as I said, his fix didn't work.

In fact, to prove that Method _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue at all, I created a Clover/Opencore patch to change _Q81 to XQ81. This resulted in my lid not working at all of course, but the log flooding still persisted!
      So _Q81 doesn't have anything to do with the issue afaik.

Now, further Google searches led me to a chinese post where he tied the issue to VirtualSMC. And indeed, by migrating to FakeSMC the issue is no more.

Unfortunately, I'm very fond of VirtualSMC for various reasons. So I would very much like to keep it. If not I'd have to implement the old way of doing Battery monitoring etcetc. Which isn't very elegant and update proof as it requires DSDT patching.

So, I do believe that the issue may very well be in the DSDT code, perhaps in the ambient light part. I'm not very skilled at this and just started studying the ACPI spec 3 days ago.

Could someone please help me out? Thanks a lot in advance

origin.zip
      OC.zip
    • By Slice
      Guys,
      Don't mix 6.18 and 3.41.

There are three different projects for monitoring temperatures, voltages, fans speed and other hardware parameters:
      Initially it was FakeSMC with plugins for producing SMC keys for hardware parameters for different hardware. But sometimes ago Kozlek separated own version of FakeSMC and producing new set of plugins while I stay with good working version 3. So..
      1. FakeSMC v3 with Hardware Sensors3  which I still supported.
      2. FakeSMC v6 (rev1800) by Kozlek and supported by Rehabman. AFAIK both are abandoned and the project is not supported. Or may be maintained by coauthors.
      3. New VirtualSMC by vit9696 with own set of sensors kexts. It depends on Lilu.kext. The project is in active development.
      All three project have incompatible interfaces sensors<->SMC so they are incompatible with each other.

There are applications for monitoring hardware parameters and they commonly depends on these projects.
      1. iStat, iStatMenu, iStatPro compatible with real Macs because they use SMC keys just like those presents in real Macs.
      2. HWMonitorSMC by Navi (initial codes from Kozlek)  used in my HWSensors3.
      3. HWMonitor by Kozlek with graphics like in IntelPowerGadget used in his HWSensors version.
      4. HWMonitorSMC2 by Vector_Sigma tends to be universal supporting all project. It also may use sensors information produces by Apple graphics and by IntelPowerGadget.

Let us discuss here differences and common ideas for this projects.