1,960 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Well, but my laptop's GF119M actually.. has no GPU Fan, or am I wrong with installed monitoring kexts? Also not sure if NVClockX is for my GPU since it gives error message on verbose logs.. There's another AppleSMC.kext on downloaded package but I already got it on 10.11's SLE.. ah, I think I need to learn more about my HW..  :rofl:

zAyN7hq.jpg

You should not use NVClockX and GeforceSensors simultaneously. Use one of them

In my case Dell NVS5200M (GF108) is monitored by Geforce sensors very good.

Hi @Slice

I have a question. My EVGA's (1070 SuperClocked) fan speed is at it's minimal speed, how can I fix that? I'm concerned about the well being of the GPU, the GPU Die is 63 Degrees Celsius   while idle and it reaches up to 80 under load.

Is there anything that can be done?

Hi @Slice

I have a question. My EVGA's (1070 SuperClocked) fan speed is at it's minimal speed, how can I fix that? I'm concerned about the well being of the GPU, the GPU Die is 63 Degrees Celsius   while idle and it reaches up to 80 under load.

Is there anything that can be done?

Sorry,

I know nothing how to control this kind of videocard.

Revision 51 available on sf.net. Link in my signature.

There is no package, just dmg image. 

Don't install all kexts! Choose only those you needed!

For the desktop in my signature I would only need FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor and GeforceSensor? Is this correct?

Are these kexts ok in CLOVER/kexts/other or install to S/L/E?

And Laptop: FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor and VoodooBatterySMC?

And another question, what is AppleSMC for?

For the desktop in my signature I would only need FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor and GeforceSensor? Is this correct?

Are these kexts ok in CLOVER/kexts/other or install to S/L/E?

And Laptop: FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor and VoodooBatterySMC?

And another question, what is AppleSMC for?

For desktop you may add ITE87x.kext for System Fan monitoring.

For laptop you may add ACPIMonitor.kext and SSDT as you can find here.

AppleSMC is just a version from stable system to replace beta kext with large messages count.

What means with "new geforce" here? I have no problem with it

I guess what it mean is that the "GeforceSensor.kext" which is a new version of Kozlek's previous sensor is still causing the kernel panic on Pascal GPUs. The only version of the GPUSensors.kext that I was able to use is the one I attached here. It's also by kozlek but I guess it's been updated and I have no problem using it.

But the thing is I wasn't able to get it to work with the new FakeSMC.kext v. 3.5.0 yet.

GPUSensors.kext.zip

This kext is fake working. It shows a value having no relation to real temperature.

As well compare frequencies if any.

Yes I know about the fake/inaccurate readings. but when I use your version of the GeForeceSensor.kext it gives me the kernel panic. Is there anything that can be done?

Can you please tell me which of these sensors I should use on my SkyLake machine? I tried using the ACPIMonitor, GeforeceSensor, ITEIT87x and it either reboots the system or it will end up in kernel panic.

Yes I know about the fake/inaccurate readings. but when I use your version of the GeForeceSensor.kext it gives me the kernel panic. Is there anything that can be done?

Can you please tell me which of these sensors I should use on my SkyLake machine? I tried using the ACPIMonitor, GeforeceSensor, ITEIT87x and it either reboots the system or it will end up in kernel panic.

My Skylake machine works with HWSensors3.

But GeforceSensors seems unsupported Pascal cards. Remove this kext.

I have the Skylake Asus H170I-PLUS desktop. Unfortunately, my dsdt doesn't have an embedded controller, or a method TACH for the fan speed.

My SuperIO chip is the Nuvoton NCT6793D.

I tried the latest revision 51 of HWSensor3, FakeSMC.kext, ACPIMonitor.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, and W836x.kext. But, I get 0 rpm for the CPU Fan speed.

I'm trying to get the fan rpm, but either my dsdt is missing the proper code for the fan speed, or the W836x.kext doesn't support my Nuvoton NCT6793D.

The kext supports NCT6793D

case 0xD1:
            model = NCT6793D;
            break;

Did you see any kernel messages like this?

DebugLog("found unsupported chip ID=0x%x REVISION=0x%x", id, revision);

What is the differences with the FakeSMC RehabMan ➤ 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759

the FakeSMC 3.5.0 does not boot Snow Leopard 10.6.8

What is the differences with the FakeSMC RehabMan ➤ 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759

the FakeSMC 3.5.0 does not boot Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I compile it for 64bit only and set minimum OS 10.8.

3.5.0 contains compatibility with High Sierra.

For Snow you may use older 3.4.1 with HWInfo.kext. 

ok thanks Slice

i tested 10.6~10.13 on my sandy laptop

i checked 10.8 mountain lion. failed load fakesmc.

10.9~10.13 no problem.

-checked.

what is 3.4.1 latest version? HWSensors3-rev43.pkg.zip right?

thanks in advance.

EDIT1.

also i wonder one

if has FakeSMC.kext in other folder and 10.6 folder, what is happen?

other fakesmc 3.5.0

10.6  fakesmc 3.4.1

loaded fake 3.4.1 right if boot 10.6?

I just updated my X79 to the latest rev51 from the rev33 that I've been using for the past year or so.

GeforceSensors is showing 10x the speeds for Core and Shaders (should be 405 and 810). Rolling back to the older kext fixed this.

Also, is there any way to have the Batteries section in HWMonitorSMC not show up while running on a desktop? Again, rolling back to the older version fixed this for me.

post-267996-0-88050300-1507388475_thumb.png

I just updated my X79 to the latest rev51 from the rev33 that I've been using for the past year or so.

GeforceSensors is showing 10x the speeds for Core and Shaders (should be 405 and 810). Rolling back to the older kext fixed this.

Also, is there any way to have the Batteries section in HWMonitorSMC not show up while running on a desktop? Again, rolling back to the older version fixed this for me.

GeforceSensors is wrong. For my case it shows 2050MHz while it must be 625MHz as Windows said.

I know about Battery section but I very poor know Objective-C and can't correct this.

There is no problem to use on desktop older version. This version has a difference only for laptops.

PS. Using VoodooBatterySMC assumes you need no double it by ACPIBatteryManager.

So, If I'll use your kext, I need to delete the RehabMan's kext?

i reworked the app, now show voltage and amperage using rehabman's kext by just reading kIOPMPSVoltageKey and kIOPMPSCurrentCapacityKey.

If I use the HWMonitorSMC.app after extractin it, I've got this error message:

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 22.47.58.png

So, If I'll use your kext, I need to delete the RehabMan's kext?

If I use the HWMonitorSMC.app after extractin it, I've got this error message:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-14 at 22.47.58.png

don't know, it tells you is damaged, but redownloading it is fine here.

No, mA means current in units "milliAmpers".

mAh means capacity in units mA * hours.

How many hours the laptop can work with battery can be calculated from capacity and current

Hours = mAh/mA 

ok got it. So the one attached is now perfect, tested with VoodooBatterySMC.kext and ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

P.S. I introduced I little bug and by clicking voltage it may be always displayed in the top bar. Don't panic I'll fix it.... now I'v to go. please let me know

Have to correct myself, this bug was already there: fixed.

Well, I think should be easy, but no time today. I'll looking into this later.

hwmonitor.zip

HWMonitorSMC.app.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now