73 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

Can someone help me create an Ozmosis v1479 BIOS with my stock Asrock Z77 Pro-m v2.00.ROM?

I've getting these errors when using the ./OZMTool --ozmcreate option.

Roberts-Mac-Pro:Ozmosis v1479 Asrock Z77 Pro-M v2.00 robert$ ./OZMTool --ozmcreate -a 1 -cr -ck -f Ozmosis-1479 -d DSDT.aml -o AsrockZ77ProM-200-Ozmosis-1479.rom -i AsrockZ77ProM-200.rom
OZMTool - v0.3
Warning: No KEXT-dir given! Injecting only Ozmosis files!
Info: Aggressivity level set to 'Delete network stuff from BIOS'...
Info: Compressing CORE_DXE is selected!
Info: Compressing Kexts is selected!
Inserting supplied DSDT into image...
* Dumped AmiBoardInfo from BIOS...
* Injecting DSDT into AmiBoardInfo...
ERROR: PE32 has .ROM but not DYNAMIC_BASE set -> Unpatchable atm..
ERROR: Failed to patch DSDT into AmiBoardInfo!
ERROR: Failed to inject DSDT!
! Program exited with errors !

Status code: 240
Roberts-Mac-Pro:Ozmosis v1479 Asrock Z77 Pro-M v2.00 robert$ ./OZMTool --ozmcreate -a 1 -cr -ck -f Compress-Ozmosis-1479 -d DSDT.aml -o AsrockZ77ProM-200-Ozmosis-1479.rom -i AsrockZ77ProM-200.rom
OZMTool - v0.3
Warning: No KEXT-dir given! Injecting only Ozmosis files!
Info: Aggressivity level set to 'Delete network stuff from BIOS'...
Info: Compressing CORE_DXE is selected!
Info: Compressing Kexts is selected!
Inserting supplied DSDT into image...
* Dumped AmiBoardInfo from BIOS...
* Injecting DSDT into AmiBoardInfo...
ERROR: PE32 has .ROM but not DYNAMIC_BASE set -> Unpatchable atm..
ERROR: Failed to patch DSDT into AmiBoardInfo!
ERROR: Failed to inject DSDT!

Status code: 240 

The files i'm using are attached, if that helps someone figure it out. This is an Aptio Asrock UEFI. I haven't seen anyone make an Asrock OZ UEFI/Bios setup yet or maybe I just haven't look hard enough.

Thanks!

Robert aka Mrengles

Advertisement

Out of curiosity if I would like to re-create the QUO .rom file but including my own defaults.plist into it.. what would be the steps involved ?

./OZMTool --ozmextract --out outputdir --input OZM.ROM

Then what  ?

Out of curiosity if I would like to re-create the QUO .rom file but including my own defaults.plist into it.. what would be the steps involved ?

./OZMTool --ozmextract --out outputdir --input OZM.ROM

Then what  ?

Hello,

You need UEFITool, open you rom file, go on OzmosisDefaults, extract as body raw file, save as Defaults.plist, modify it, and replace in rom as body.

Fred

Thanks Fred .. would that be true for any .ffs found in the rom image ?

Yes, but this is the only one that is readable without doing anything.

Fred

Hi

When I trying to inject DSDT to Z97-A bios using OZMTool I am getting these errors:

ERROR: AmiBoardInfo contains '.ROM' section => unpatchable atm!
ERROR: Failed to patch AmiBoardInfo with new DSDT!

I have first extracted DSDT using OZMTool then modified it and try to inject but no success. the weird thing is even if try to inject unmodified DSDT still I am getting these errors..

Please help..

Thanks

I've downloaded OZMTool_v0.3_osx and am trying to run it, however the process gets killed whenever I run it. 

bash-3.2$ ./OZMTool --help
Killed: 9
bash-3.2$ ./OZMTool

I'm running on Sierra. I've tried right clicking on the file to open it to bypass Gatekeeper warnings, but that didn't fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the next release of OZMTool in that it would be cool if it would compress a bios file without adding any OZ files.

So you could manually add the files as you please after. Many times when modding bios for whatever purpose finding space is the thing

and if the app could just compress the file without looking for OZ files would be a nice feature.

Thank you

Anyone know how to compile ozmtool from source? Was wondering is this done in Ubuntu, Osx, or Windows for building a windows executable?

Thank you

No experience at all though was able to compile ozmtool with the 5.62 version of QT in Windows. Any other version I try causes errors. Only thing is got to have two dll files hanging off the side for it to run as there's no way I know of to link them into the exe without a QT license,

I used the QT GUI environment in Windows opening up the .Pro files and launching build. I also tried it in Ubuntu running 'Qmake nameoffile.Pro && make'. I havent tried it on my mac yet. Wonder if its possible to cross compile for windows on Ubuntu. The QT Sdk in windows takes like 40 Gb at least and every version you add on is like another 15-20 Gb. Prefer command line though all the windows guide use Visual studio. Seems like a pain.

I would avoid cross-compilation as long as you haven't established a working native environment.
I cannot assist for windows as I have only setup QT for mac and to be honest it was a pain in the a...

I would avoid cross-compilation as long as you haven't established a working native environment.

I cannot assist for windows as I have only setup QT for mac and to be honest it was a pain in the a...

Thats why I'm using a VM so I can roll back every screwup. My macbook has so many different libraries of this and that already installed it would be messy.

I compiled the releases with Qt 4.8.3 iirc - natively built on the target OS.

Sorry guys, I am short on time lately, and I am very unhappy with the code layout of OZMTool..

Only real option would be a full rewrite imho..

I compiled the releases with Qt 4.8.3 iirc - natively built on the target OS.

Sorry guys, I am short on time lately, and I am very unhappy with the code layout of OZMTool..

Only real option would be a full rewrite imho..

Much appreciate what you have done already. Was finally able to compile it on 5.6 QT. Curious that Ozmtool was able to add all the Oz files without having to delete any networking modules as it seems it is able to expand the main firmware volume. For my own nefarious purposes hope you don't mind me tinkering with the code to allow more than just OZ files to be inserted like Nvme ffs files while not deleting any other files to make room. Spoke to Coderush about this and he persuaded me to not go any further as his thoughts were that command line tools could be potentially dangerous. So was wondering what are your thoughts? Thanks.

... not go any further as his thoughts were that command line tools could be potentially dangerous ...

Well, actions like modifying a BIOS image and flashing it afterwards is already dangerous, I agree.

For commandline-Tools in general, I disagree - why should they be generally considered dangerous ?

Specific case OZMTool vs. UEFITool though =>

OZMTool tries to be as verbose as possible by showing info for each file injected / deleted / compressed...

HOWEVER: You should always verify the proper condition of the output image by yourself!

OZMTool tried to warn the user if something failed - but such information is only as valuable as the code behind it...

Oh and about the resizing of Volumes: Yes, it's UEFITool under the hood, all the magic (except Kext / Dsdt actions) are possible due the magic work of CodeRush  :yes:

Well, actions like modifying a BIOS image and flashing it afterwards is already dangerous, I agree.

For commandline-Tools in general, I disagree - why should they be generally considered dangerous ?

Specific case OZMTool vs. UEFITool though =>

OZMTool tries to be as verbose as possible by showing info for each file injected / deleted / compressed...

HOWEVER: You should always verify the proper condition of the output image by yourself!

OZMTool tried to warn the user if something failed - but such information is only as valuable as the code behind it...

Oh and about the resizing of Volumes: Yes, it's UEFITool under the hood, all the magic (except Kext / Dsdt actions) are possible due the magic work of CodeRush  :yes:

Well he put the fear in me. On one hand he's trying to spare me the pain from people blaming you (I mean me) if their motherboard is bricked. That I understand and appreciate. In matter of fact there was only one bios that the tool I found couldn't handle. Think it was from Asus. OZM complained that the firmware imploded so yes its risky however it worked for me with my Gigabyte bios.  I messed with the code so much I may start over myself as afraid that in the course of experimenting and learning I might have altered something as I added a property in the Treemodel to keep track of the size of each module. Anyhow l I found later your ozmtool can expand a firmware volume so why worry about how many bytes are free because it didn't matter! It just expanded the volume. Pretty cool but really is that as Coderush implied dangerous? I suppose it can be on the rare occasion. Thanks.

PS: Thanks for the tips. I will definitely implement verification routines. 

Also noticed you had a lot of '//To do later' comments in there. Didn't really affect the function. Maybe it was Coderush's 'To do later' comments. 

cutheads-iMac:~ cuthead$ ./OZMTool --dsdtextract --out ./  --input ./F9

why?

For new mobos support i would suggest using MMTool 5.2.0.24 (Aptio V+ and all others with patched version) only thing (its .exe) and has to be into a wine container if used on mac, but it works very well then for a 500mb app :P

here you can get the lot. it contains also older versions and for the latest one. the untouched and patched ones

this is how it looks like if you don't know this tool

1177300193_ScreenShot.png.c2968cbd4ec3999fb36df8125f6bc5c1.png

Edited by LAbyOne