xZaggin

Can anyone help me Enable/Understand QE/CI on IntelHD4000?

19 posts in this topic

Sup guys,

I've been having a hard time trying to enable QE/CI on my laptop,

No matter what I do it always stays at 64MB shared memory.

System Specs

Asus S550CM

Intel i5 3317u 1.7 Quadcore

8 Gig Ram

1TB HDD

24 Gig SSD (this is where my MacOS is installed)

IntelHD400 and nVidia GeForce 635M combo

I'm aware that my nVidia is not compatible

Basically I've tried using clover and chameleon, both using a different USB to boot from.

Clover: I used clover and clover Configurator to EnableIntel and InjectEDID

-> didn't not work, only got me to full resolution

People told that I might have to change my IntelCapriFB value thing so I did.

I've tried from 0-11 and no luck.

Chameleon

I'm using chameleon and have used Enoch but no luck, 

is there more than just editing this number? Am I missing a string?

I've tried using this link but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291614-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

My current SMBios is Mac Mini 6,1

the Intel says no kext loaded and the revision ID is 0x0009

Should I be editing the kext or something? I've read that somewhere but can't find the source

<key>EnableC2State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

Advertisement

hello

take a good read here

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3111

and i think u should use macbookair5,1

start testing with platform-id 3 and 4

good hack

Ok will do but , I currently use Clover to change my SMBios it only has Macbook Air 5,2 hope that's not an issue.

And yes that was the link I was referring to

Thanks for the reply I'll get back to you

BTW such key is not a chameleon key

Thanks for letting me know, I don't know how that got there I didn't add anything manually

How should it be then?

hello

take a good read here

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3111

I read that and I can't seem to load it, I've changed this value to mine

and it doesn't load.

They're all in my /Backup folder for some reason , I don't have any graphic kexts in my main extensions folder...

Last time I added them into my extension folder my system would not start not even in safe mode I'm afraid to put them there.

Is this the correct one I should change?

IvKAiik.jpg

hello

forget that

apply one of platform-id i tell u to do.. and without graphics kext.. never work...

good hack

hello

forget that

apply one of platform-id i tell u to do.. and without graphics kext.. never work...

good hack

Ok I'll try , I'll move all the kext from /Backup to /System/Library/Extensions and see what happens this time....

Edit: I booted up fine this time , but the Kext are still not loaded, they're in the correct folder now though.

Is changing the platform-id relevant if they're not loaded yet? I don't want to reboot my system 11 times for nothing....

Edit: Okay , I understand now that changing the platform-id will load them, still no luck, is it necessary to restart each time I change the value? 

Is it necessary to have both IntelCapri and Platform-ig in the boot.plist?

use the Kext Wizard app.

I used disk utility and got this.

o2Tnjb6.jpg

First time I've seen this and I thought it would fix things but it didn't.

Animations are still laggy, and my screen brightness went down.

Everything is exactly the same it was before when it only said 64MB shared, I got no improved performance whatsoever.

WHAT IS WRONG?! Just uploading this photo and Imgur got so twitchy , I expected once I got this done I would be done with my mackintosh for sure :|

update your OS X, download the combo update 10.9.4.

but backup the important kexts

Alright new day,  I've restarted my graphics card is now detected but 64MB. At least now it performs like it actually has the amount it says.

Im trying to fix that now to make it 1 Gig again.

The combo update , where do I get that from?

hello

ur smbios is wrong .. is from a desktop mac pro

u should use macbookair5,1 or 5,2

that macpro don't have intel hd..

what i think .. u go update for what.. u have a non working system .. with the update .. only can be worst or unboatble..

only update system when u have a perfect system..

but that is ur decision

good hack

hello

ur smbios is wrong .. is from a desktop mac pro

u should use macbookair5,1 or 5,2

that macpro don't have intel hd..

what i think .. u go update for what.. u have a non working system .. with the update .. only can be worst or unboatble..

only update system when u have a perfect system..

but that is ur decision

good hack

Alright sounds good, I wasn't really to fond of updating either but how do I change my SMBios to a MacBook Air ? 

[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] does not have that option and Clover will only say it's Macbook air if I boot with clover.

hello

use chameleon wizard to generate a correct smbios

and do not post " beast " thing

good hack

es9Dq9P.jpg

Still laggy just like when it says 64MB (plus low brightness now), should I change something in my computers BIOS or something?

hello

u don't have qe/ci

ur graphics are not good

what graphics kext are loaded ?

what platform-id are u using ?

give all info about the issue.. or only can guess..

the brightness must have dsdt edition

start to read .. and test the platform-id

if u hope that start working from u doing nothing..

grab a chair and wait

good hack

hello

u don't have qe/ci

ur graphics are not good

give all info about the issue.. or only can guess..

the brightness must have dsdt edition

start to read .. and test the platform-id

if u hope that start working from u doing nothing..

grab a chair and wait

good hack

I think I know what the problem is.

Since all my graphic Kext were in my backup folder , I only moved Capri and IntelHD4000 kext , but there are more than that

kSBYidU.jpg

EDIT: nothing changed they're just bundles:| I'm not sure it if did anything by moving them

69    6 0xffffff7f811b5000 0x43000    0x43000    com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily (2.3.6) <11 7 5 4 3 1>

70    0 0xffffff7f811f8000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport (2.3.6) <69 11 7 5 4 3>

71    1 0xffffff7f81c07000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl (3.4.12) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

72    2 0xffffff7f81b24000 0x72000    0x72000    com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 (98.7.1) <69 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

73    0 0xffffff7f81c0d000 0x57000    0x57000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri (8.1.8) <72 71 69 11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>   

75    0 0xffffff7f81b96000 0x4c000    0x4c000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics (8.1.8) <74 72 69 11 7 5 4 3 1>

Capri and IntelHD is in there , I just copied anything else that said graphic in case they're causing the problem.

Capri=3 , I've tested some other and got some weird blank screen with stripes and glitches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SepehrM
      I'm trying to install High Sierra 10.13.3 on an ASUS N552VW laptop, and I get stuck after this message:
      "could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating" 
      And some other warnings afterwards.
      Specs:
      CPU: Intel Skylake 6700HQ 2.6GHz
      RAM: 16GB DDR4
      2TB HDD + 128GB SSD
      GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX960m
      I'm installing using a 16GB USB3 flash drive on one of HDD volumes (UEFI Mode)

I uploaded the verbose log and clover config.plist
      config-new.plist

• By Slice
      I successfully installed macOS 10.11.6 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 in UEFI mode on the laptop.
      I know, there are detailed guides here and on osxlatitude.com but I was not agree with them and carefully check and test every step to tune my Mac.

Hardware
      Intel® Core� i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, speedstep works with Clover default settings
      Chipset Intel 7 series, no patches needed
      Video: IntelHD4000 or NVS5200M switchable in BIOS, work in both cases
      LAN; Intel 82579LM, works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.2.1
      Audio: IDT 92HD93BXX, works with VoodooHDA 2.9.0.
      SDHC reader O2Micro; works with native AppleSDHC.kext with Clover Arbitrary properties.
      USB3.0 works natively if not disabled in DSDT
      PS2 keyboard and touchpad works with VoodooPS2.
      WiFi: Dell Intel WiFi was replaced by Dell DW1520, Broadcom BCM943224HMS. DeviceID=4353
      LCD Screen 1366x768
      BIOS A12. Initially was A02. Then I flashed A23 and found it is quite bad. The screen is full of artefacts. Flash A12 and all is OK. Not tested other versions.
      For some reason BIOS can switched from Intel to Nvidia by itself so I have to do my solution working independent on this state.

WiFi
      It is not working OOB although it has DeviceID known to Apple. The reason is WhiteList in the driver.
      I set MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 while the WiFi will work on MacBookAir. I make a patch in Clover.
      As well a patch for channels.
      I deleted a kext Brcm4331 because it has the same DeviceID. Let kext Brcm4360 to work alone.

VideoCards
      In Bios we can set Optimus = Enable/Disable
      If Enable then we have two videocards Intel first and Nvidia second. In this case additional SSDT-3.aml will switch off Nvidia.
      If Disable then we have only Nvidia card. It will work if Board-ID taken from iMac13,2.
      But here there is contradiction with WiFi with required Board-ID from MacBookAir.
      So I take MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 which is most close by CPU IvyBridge.
      Set BoardID like iMac13,2 to make Nvidia working.
      Patch BoardID in Brcm4360 to make WiFi working.
      Now I have
      Inject->
      ->Intel=YES
      ->Nvidia=YES
      and SSDT-3.aml in ACPI\patched folder. This SSDT will switch off Nvidia if Intel card ON.
      For Intel graphics there is a patch against 8 apples at start.

Brightness
      No special kexts.
      The brightness controlled by keys F1,F2 and slider in Control Panel in both case Intel or Nvidia. Details here  #72 

DSDT and SSDT
      This is very long story and finally I have working sleep in both cases Intel or Nvidia.

Sensors
      I use my HWSensors3 with FakeSMC 3.5.0.
      I got monitoring:
      CPU temperature
      GPU temperature
      GPU main frequency
      GPU shader frequency
      Battery state % full, time to charged or time to empty.
      Battery voltage dinamically.
      Battery amperage dynamically. I can see it changes on heavy games.
      HDD temperature.

Audio
      I like VoodooHDA and have no problems with it.
      The sound is clear, loud, and switchable between internal speaker and headphone.
      Mic is working.

Bluetooth
      Just tested with BTFirmwareUpdate.kext and it works in 10.11.6. I not needed it so switched off by wireless switch at right side.
      For 10.13.6 there is other kext BRCMInjector.

Keyboard, Touchpad and Touchstick
      Post #14

My config, ACPI files and kexts are in attachment.
      EFI.7z

EDITED:
      Better DSDT in the post #6.
      Sleep working even when AC inserted.

EDITED 06.12.2018
      Now I have HighSierra and this is my EFI folder

Welcome to discussion!
      EFI-E6430.7z
      BRCMInjector.kext.zip
    • By Angelo_
      Just recently installed Mojave on my yoga 730(i5-8250u, 8gb of ram and 1080p 13.3" touchscreen) and got many features working, now the only issues are that my igpu is shown as only 7mb(and not metal capable, not sure whether it is or not) even tho I should've changed it from 5917 to 5916 (added both EFI folder and send me), the screen is shown as a 30.5" in system information and the cpu even tho I extracted the ssdt for it with ssdtPRGen.sh and appleintelinfo.kext to get low frequency info (ssdt was done with info 15,400,1600,3400 so it should go between 16-3400mhz and down to 400 in idle), idk what is wrong with my installation, can you guys help me or linke me something to fix those issues?

Ps thunderbolt shows as no device found, is it regular for hackintoshes to be that way or do I need something for that too? Laptop has 2 tb3 ports as x4 pcie 3
      EFI.zip
      Send me Angeloss-MacBook-Pro.zip
    • By AppleVegas
      Hello! I was trying to install hackintosh a while ago and today I decided to install it today.
      I am able to boot it, I installed OS but have problems with iGPU. It has only 4mb vram.
      I did almost everything, I installed whatevergreen, used special clover config, but nothing. I've only got it to recognize my igpu.

I have a laptop with this specs:
      Laptop brand name: Lenovo G50-80
      iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500 -- Only shows 4mb of vram
      CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20GHz
      dGPU: AMD Radeon R5 M230 or AMD Radeon HD 8500m (it has two brand names lol) -- will be really glad if you tell me how to launch it in High Sierra with my iGPU, now I can't even load OS when I have discrete GPU enabled
      RAM: 6GB ddr3
      Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 -- On the way to enable it
      Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x -- Managed to enable it

P.S: In the windows I can see that my iGPU has Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB

Any help? I think you are only my savers

• By al3asdfmovie
      Buongiorno a tutti,
      E la prima volta che scrivo su questo forum, spero di non sbagliare nulla!
      Scrivo qua sperando che qualcuno di voi possa darmi una grossa mano, perchè ho letto di tutto, visto qualsiasi video possibile, ma non riesco proprio ad uscirne fuori.
      Ci avevo già provato 3 anni fa, ma ero riuscito solo su un notebook Sony, sul fisso non ero riuscito a fare nulla. Dicevano che c'erano problemi con i driver della serie Skylake, così ho voluto riprovare ora a distanza di anni.
      Premetto che non sono un informatico, non ho conoscenze particolari. Sono semplicemente un ragazzo che si informa, legge tutorial ed esegue, quindi chissà che la soluzione non sia in realtà una banale sciocchezza.

Dunque, il problema consiste nel fatto che, in circa 8 ore di prove, non sia ancora riuscito ad andare oltre il caricamento del logo, dopo aver selezionato la chiavetta da clover.
      Sto cercando di installare High Sierra, ho provato con una chiavetta con un programma che non ho capito bene perchè, ma non posso scriverlo qui, e una con Clover Configurator (che tra l'altro, nella schermata boot mi da un'interfaccia diversa da quella che ho visto nel tutorial, o anche solo 3 anni prima), ma il problema è sempre lo stesso: dopo circa metà caricamento, o mi esce il simbolo di divieto, o si riavvia il computer, riportandomi nel boot di clover.
      Ho provato un po' di flags, come -v, -x, -s, -f, nv_disable=1 (tra l'altro, per evitare problemi al principio, ho impostato la scheda video di intel come primaria), cpus=1, dart=0, Slide=0, insomma, qualsiasi cosa leggessi in giro che avesse portato esiti positivi, la provavo
      Ho provato su porte sub 3.0, 2.0 e le 2.0 dietro al pc.
      Penso sia irrilevante, ma nel caso, sto usando una chiavetta da 32 gb.

Nella firma dovrebbero esserci tutte le specifiche del mio PC, non so se debba postare altro. Nel caso scusatemi, ditemi pure cosa manca che la aggiorno.
      Spero davvero che qualcuno di voi possa aiutarmi. Ho un MacBook Air (High Sierra l'ho scaricato da qui) e ho scoperto quanto sia più affidabile usare Final Cut rispetto a quel bug chiamato Premiére Pro che ho usato per anni, e vorrei poterlo usare anche sul fisso, senza dover acquistare un iMac. Ho letto in giro che con Mojave non è supportata l'accelerazione grafica, per questo vorrei installare High Sierra.

Grazie mille a chiunque vorrà aiutarmi!