Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiggitay

Zotac nVidia GeForce GTX 460 Amp'd Edition + AsRock Z77 Pro3

1 post in this topic

Hello all. I used to have a a mostly fully working Hackintosh system, but due to the mobo's lack of power management (even patched) I gave up on it, and I swapped out to a different one that's considered by the community to be more Hackintosh compatible and suchlike.

Here are my new machine's specs:

Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Pro 3 (I don't know what BIOS revision)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4 GHz with water cooling

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Storage: 1x 1.5TB, 1x 1 TB and 2x 2TB, 1x 120GB SSD for Linux

GPU: Zotac nVidia GeForce GTX 460 Amp'd Edition 1GB GDDR5 I believe.. the card is from 2010

Two 1080p 24" Displays

I was able to launch the installer and successfully install ML with both displays active but my issue is that I can't get the system to boot up natively unless in Safe Mode (boot flag -x), though I guess that isn't quite native. I know my GPU is older, but on the aforementioned other mobo (now being used in my other desktop system that serves as my HTPC, of which I'd like to reattempt to Hackintosh soon) I was able to get my it working just fine... I think I had to get its device ID or something and put into my chameleon.boot.plist? Would my best bet be to get a GTX 470 or higher? Is getting this older GPU working a waste of time and effort? I intend to use OS X as a dedicated video editing 'workstation' as I want to have it triple booting with Linux (running now) and Windows 7 or maybe I'll try Windows 8.1.

I've read peoples' success stories who have my same board, but they flashed a patched BIOS. I'm weary of doing that since I bricked a previous board I had and I don't want that to happen again.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MICKHAEL
      Sierra, 10.12.6/ High Sierra 10.13.5 on x99 chipset with GTX960 GPU and i7 6800k CPU UEFI 3.50 Hi folks. I managed to make it stable as possible. everything seems to work. for suggestions and additions we are all open. see attachment below
      with respect to developers like Pike R. Toleda MaLd0n fabiosun and many others brave people   AsRock x99m Extreme 4 Intel® Core™ i7-6800K Processor 15M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz
      Gigabyte GTX960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD
      HyperX FURY Black 8GB, DDR4, 2400MHz, CL15, 1.2V *2
      Solid State Drive (SSD) Intel 600p Series, 256GB, M.2 80mm, PCIe
      Corsair VS550 550W
      PS: for all apple services to work, you will need to grab some real MLB/ROM mike 2018   asrock_x99m_extreme4_6october2017_EFI_10.12.6.zip
      asrock_x99m_extreme4_2june2018_EFI_10.13.5.zip
      asrock_uefi_settings.pdf

• By zzmadd
      I have the USB ports that are messy. It's even hard to explain what happens as it's not linear.

At second wake from sleep USBs keyboard and mouse become unusable.
      If they're plugged on USB3 instead at second wake from sleep the PC...reboots itself.

When I reboot at times USB keyb and mouse are not recognised. Front panel USB3 don't work. USB bluetooth after wake from sleep works really bad.
      Some USB3 drives get stuck while copying forcing a reboot.

On Tonymac (sorry) some guy called pastrychef (moderator) tells the story of his build and how he fixed USB. He says Mr RehabMan in person suggests to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Now, being my machine AMD, some of what they suggest to do becomes difficult to process.
      All in all they say to forget your USBs are working fine unless: 1 you're lucky, 2 you fix them properly.

I'm not lucky. Are there permanent fixes because I need sleep to work on my machine and I have all these troubles on USB that affect stability.

Thanks all for your help.
    • By DjBeppe
      Hi all guys I need your help and I hope you can help me
        I took the road to install High Sierra on my new build and now I have some doubt / difficulty I do not know how to solve.   My configuration: 8700K Asrock Z370 Professional Gaming i7 AMD RX580 Nitro+ 8GB   First I created the usb pendrive and I used Clover with the following configurations:     Bootflag:  dart=0 -v Kext:

Bios Setting: VT-d = Disabled Share Memory = 128MB IGPU Multi-Monitor = Enabled XHCI Hand-off = Enabled SMBIOS: iMac18,3 So far no problem, it started successfully, I initialized the hdd in APFS and I ran the installation.  
      Once finished, it started and I made the first configuration successfully. At this point I configured Clover the same way as the installation:     Bootflag:  dart=0 disablegfxfirmware shikigva=4 -rad4200 darkwake=8 Devices:

Graphics:

Kernel and Kext Patches:

SMBIOS:
      iMac18,3 Kext:

I reboot and start without problems, but I know there is some problem to solve ... for example, the video card seems to recognize it but if I run a benchmark with "Novabench" I noticed that the GPU is recognized as 1GB:   With "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Disabled":      ||     ||     ||    
        I tried to delete "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Enabled" and I recognize the card differently but the same problem presents itself:  
        ||     ||     ||  

Why is it recognized by 1GB instead of 8GB? While on System Profiler is recognized by 8GB .... I'm doing something wrong?

I tried to enable also "Hardware Encoding & HEVC Support" but I noticed a detail that I do not know if it's right or not (Hardware Info "MacX Video Converter Pro"):
        Without "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Enabled":     With "WhateverGreen.kext" and "RadeonDeInit=Disabled":  
      [COMING SOON SCREENSHOT]  
      Is it normal that this occurs? Which one is correct? I'm going completely in confusion

I'm trying to figure out if I need to make any other changes to the system, if I add some other patches to make it work properly but I do not know where to check.
      I'm trying to configure the DSDT but DSDT Editor and MaciASL do not work, they do not open the DSDT.aml file generated by AIDA64.   Do you know how to give me a hand? I'm banging my head for 2 days I thank you in advance for the help and I apologize for my english   I hope I was clear        

• By SwatGuard
      Hello,

I have a i5 4440 , Z87D3HP, 8 gb of ram and a GTX 460 700 mb.
      While using the nvidia card and the nvidia web drivers, i'm getting blurry ui elements ( in the menubar apple logo, dropbox , spotlight search icon, all the finder sidebar icons)

I have tried the last two versions of the nvidia web driver. 
      While using the igpu , everything is ok.

On Windows, the GPU is working as intended.

Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/iNBCa
    • By xuzhin
      System:
      Asrock X79 extreme6 p2.50
      Nvidea GeForce gtx 770
      i7-4930K @ 3.40ghz

i'm trying to start fresh. i have a working mavericks, but i want to install sierra and not high sierra, because some pro tools plugins don't work on high sierra yet.

either way, i created the usb boot stick with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and dragged [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on there, i get to the clover boot screen, and can't get any further, i see the black screen, apple logo, loading bar appears, but doesn't start moving at all. i guess some boot settings are wrong, for the old mavericks system chameleon used:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict>    <key>SSDT</key>    <string>Yes</string>    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>    <string>No</string>    <key>PciRoot</key>    <string>1</string>    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>    <string>Yes</string>    <key>Kernel Flags</key>    <string>npci=0x2000</string>    <key>UseKernelCache</key>    <string>No</string> </dict> </plist> now i don't have any idea how to get those settings into the boot options of the clover bootloader, i've been trying to change a few settings, but i've gone through 10 different clover boot settings combinations, with no luck.

anybody that can help me?

i couldn't find a guide on this site, not even one that explains how to create a sierra usb stick to boot with. sorry guys i'm really not good with this.