Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nellazzo

Yosemite dp2 stucks in xpcproxy

8 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm new in the forum.
I upgraded yosemite from dp1 to dp2 by software update and everytime i boot my PC with chameleon, it stucks at " assertion failed: xpcproxy " followed by many other words and numbers. I downloaded the yosemite dp2 delta update too, and tried to update with this last one, but nothing changed.
P.s The dp1 worked flawlessly and booted up properly.post-1365008-0-21125000-1403470744_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

I've atached the DP2's kernel in my first post. 

In the first instance, replace it with the one that i provided to you. It then it's not booting properly, reinstall Chameleon 2380 (for yosemite) - that you'll find in the Boot USB OS X Yosemite (Chameleon) thread on this forum - install your kexts and configure corectly the boot plist - and replace after that the mach_kernel.

Another question... the audio does not work. I have a realtek alc888 sound card... i installed the correct kext and patched the AppleHDA.kext with vietnam tool, but nothing changes..can you suggest me another solution? thanks in advance :)  

I didn't found a working AppleHDA for Alc888 on Yosemite, but you can try the solution found on the topic Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA or using Voodoo patch to enable somehow audio codec - the sound is not so louder and have some noise at high volume of the speakers - you can try this package - i suggest you to install it twice (install - reboot - install - reboot)

MyVoodooHDAMAV.pkg.zip

Thank you Cristi.Ivan  :yes:  

I tried so many times every kind of applehda kext without success... I think I'll keep the voodoo for now, as you said it is not so louder, but somehow is the only one that works on my yosemite... I'll wait for a working applehda in the next releases anyway...even though I already have a working alc888 kext on my mavericks partition.