iATKOS ML2 freezes on occasion, how can I find what's causing it?

11 posts in this topic

Hi, my Hackintosh with iATKOS ML2 began to freeze on occasion after I installed the 10.8.5 Combo update. At first I thought it was Chrome causing it because it kept happening when I clicked on text boxes, but then it began to start happening just by doing anything. So, I took a look at console and I'm still not sure what's causing it. 

Here's the log of it before I rebooted: http://pastebin.com/D3yWZGbN

My Build:

CPU: Intel Core i3 2100

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX460

MB: ASUS H61-M LX3 R2.0

Startup Flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

Hello and Welcome.

Remove the Intel HD kexts:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /intelhd_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* /intelhd_backup
reboot

and use this flag:

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

For Nvidia GPU, try this: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/767-geforce-460-gtx-ml-10-8-2-all-working/

After installing kext, run this commands in Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo nvram -c
Edited by Allan Oliveira
  • Like 1

I removed those kexts and it worked. Then I installed the NVIDIA kexts and now I am unable to boot. Here's a picture of where its stuck at post-1334676-14033026478644_thumb.jpg

I replaced the kext with the old one and it boots. However it won't let me past the login screen.

The GPU, NVIDIA GeForce 460

I went into Safe Mode and reinstalled those kexts just to be sure and I used the PCIROOTUID stuff but I'm still stuck at the same startup like in the screenshot I posted

I also turned off GraphicsEnabler but it's still yielding the same results from the screenshot

This is why retail installs are better. With distros you never know what you get, and if you don't try to find out, then you run into surprises like this.

Don't use two video injection methods at the same time! Remove Netkas' ATY_Init.kext, it's conflicting with GraphicsEnabler.

Boot in safe mode and install the nvidia web drivers for 10.8.5 so that you get rid of any iatkos modified nvidia driver files, looks like something is terribly wrong with NVDAGF100Hal.kext

Well, I just went ahead and used the Mavericks Vanilla install since I'm in an impatient slob and well, Chrome hasn't been crashing yet. Maybe it will. But yeah, I'm not sure what was up with those NVIDIA Kexts Allan sent but I'm sure they work with other kinds of 460s.