• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By foolgladly
      Hello, everyone.  Long time listener, first time caller.

Here's what I'm setting out to do:  because I can no longer reliably receive a delivery of the New York Times for my daily crossword obsession, I'm now a subscriber to their digital crossword.  I still prefer to do the puzzle on paper, and fortunately the NYT offers a scale PDF of the puzzle each day.  I'm hoping to write a script (I'm incredibly new to this) to download the file and print it every day so that I can feel like I live in a future where magic robots deliver my crossword puzzle to my printer each morning.

The file naming scheme is simplistic and consistent.  As an example, here's today's PDF location:

https://www.nytimes.com/svc/crosswords/v2/puzzle/print/Nov1017.pdf

Obviously, the only thing changing here daily is the file name.  I'm hoping I can use today's date to scrape the relevant information and generate the correct filename on a daily basis.

From there I assume it should be trivial to download the file to a specific location and automatically send it to the printer.  I've been poking around, and I have some level of confidence that I can pull off the downloading and printing parts.  I don't, however, have any idea how to get started generating the daily file name.

Any assistance you can provide would be hugely helpful.  I know the basic answer is "learn to code, it's really helpful."  I'm willing to put some time and effort in here, but I figured this would be a great place to start.

Thanks in advance, and happy Veteran's Day!
    • By Phaetherap
      Hello there, I know that exists another question about it, but I'm asking again because the first one don't helped me to solve my problem

I'm trying to patch the DSDT that I extracted from linux, for audio ALC255 that I asked for help in this post, I already dissasembled from DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl

then I opened the DSDT.dsl in MaciASL and try to compile and get these two errors:
      11288, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0 13018, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '(' I apply the patch [syn] Remove _DSM Methods from RehabMan repository and try to compile again, then I get this error:
      13018, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '(' the clean DSDT.dsl from linux:

DSDT.dsl.zip
    • By Zemits06
      I have come up with one problem. I want to use Automator to download a files from specific URL's which are located on mega.cz server (The same like dropbox).
      So far i configured Automator as i need, but it's dead end for me when it comes to the file download. Files are stored on Megaupload server (www.mega.cz) and i don't know which task should i use in automator so it starts downloading the file on that specific server. 

Here in the picture You can see where I am stuck.

In that Url https://mega.cz/#...... is a .rar type of file. 
      I Guess that it can't just understand what to download, becouse if i open that link in a browser it shows options like these. (Picture 2.)

I have tried all logical tasks in automator after a script where it filters Url's , but so far no success. 

Maybe someone has an idea how to download these files.

Thanks.
    • By gungho
      I would like to send an automated email every week conditional on whether a specific email has been received that week.

Is this possible with the Automator tool, and if so, how can it be achieved please?
    • By dear hefbe
      I'm setting up multitple workstation with Final Cut Pro 7 and I want to make a self contained application that moves the preference file I made to the user's library. For practical puposes, I want the preference file to be contained in the application.

I can get it done easily with a shell script :
      cp Final\ Cut\ Pro\ 7.0\ Prefs.fcset ~/Library/Preferences/Final\ Cut\ Pro\ User\ Data/Final\ Cut\ Pro\ 7.0\ Prefs.fcset but as I said, I want the pref file to be contained within the app so it doesn't get deleted or anything (it's also prettier )

I've been using Automator in my attemps and I'd like to cotinue to do so. Xcode is excluded. The workstations are running Mac OS X 10.8.5.

EDIT : I want other people to use this app just by double clicking it. No terminal involved.

Thanks for your help.