Mavericks install UEFI Clover

sekndz

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys! This is my first time installing with Clover UEFI mode so i would need a bit help since i won't get Mavericks booting.

I've made UEFI USB in my mavericks virtual machine and tried to get it booting with no luck. 

First question is what do i need in config.plist on my EFI partition since its all empty for some reason?

Is my USB made the right way? ( Watch pictures from here http://imgur.com/a/vWvXx#0 Includes S/L/E + EFI Partition pictures )

Specs: Intel i7 4770K, MSi Z87-G45, MSi Cyclone 460 GTX, Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 2 x 4 GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB

I would like to use my PCI graphics card (worked before with legacy install).

Any clues would be really appreciated! If you need something else to figure this out just ask!

Thanks in advance!

if you followed the AIO clover guide posted elsewhere on insanelymac, you should have no issues booting off your USB.  Ensure you made the EFI partition on an MBR and your BIOS system is set properly.

Just remember CLOVER while awesome is fundamentally a different boot process all together - you'd do well if you unlearn most of the stuff you are used to with CHAMELEON with respect to interaction at boot time.  If you have a DSDT that was working before great. otherwise leave it out.  You definitely need a config.plist (The AIO on didn't work for me after install - it worked fine for the initial boot off the USB.)

Good luck.

Hey @SunLizard ! I did try to do it with terminal first and then install clover to the usb efi partition and it didnt work. Then i tried with that EFI Mavericks box which i found at here. I've used chameleon to install it before and then use clover afterwards and it worked. I don't have any DSDT's and made a config.plist with Nvidiainject true and Intelinject false. 

When i'm trying to boot it goes normally (-v) and after MissingbluetoothTransport thingy it seems like it's going to boot but after that my screen just goes to sleep and nothing happens

From the install pics you posted, it looks like you have at least got Mavericks installed, (true?) Have you tried booting to safe mode (-x)? I have found with the i7 4770k processor that Mavericks gets 'hung' when trying to find the correct FrameBuffer. (Should be, from the documentation the Azul FB.... 10 for desktop.)

There's a couple of things you want to try:

1) Try disabling your IGPU in bios and booting off your GFX card... this may help just focus on exteral GFX card and bypass the fault you're getting-- not sure about that.

2) ensure you have decent SSDT's built.  I found this to be key for fixing a number of issues. (They are a lot less tricky than DSDT's. Use Maciasl)