@ rigs I can't get up and running

77 posts in this topic

I have 2 different setups and can't get them up and running 10.9 and in the end I want to quad-boot 10.9, 7, 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04.

1st rig is:

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H DUAL Bios UEFI motherboard

GeForce 210 PCIE video card

1tb Seagate HD (to be partitioned for 4 OS installs)

I can get 7 and 8.1 to dual boot but need to know the correct setup for Mavericks and Clover.  I have tried creating my USB from the Mac Store 10.9 app and using Niresh's USB installer to no avail.

2nd rig is:

Intel DG41RQ motherboard

onboard video but can use PCI since I need the PCIE slot for USB 3.0 card after install

1tb Seagate HD (to be partitioned for 4 OS installs)

I get 10.9 using Niresh's USB installed but reboot without the USB and get an Intel Motherboard error of "A Bootable Device Was Not Detected" and can't get it to even try without the USB.

Can I get any help on these to setups.  I have been trying nonstop for a month with no luck and have run out of luck and no one seems to answer on any sites I have posted these setups.

Thanks,

bman1096  :(  :(  :(

Maybe if you read the rules?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/230223-guidelines-for-posting-in-the-new-users-lounge/

You won't ever get the onboard video working with QE/CI on the G41 mobo. Get a PCI 8400GS for it.

Most people prefer myHack or manually making their usb with InstallESD.dmg. How are you making the Niresh USB and what CPUs do you have?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

Ok thanks for the info.  I just write the Niresh to usb through DiskUtility and wrte image.  The 41RQ has a quad core Q6600 processor and the Gigabyte board has an i3 3.40.  I will try the video card on the 41rq and reply back Monday since I will try it tomorrow while at work.  Thanks again.

Ok I can get it to install with Niresh's USB installer and then when I reboot after it completes without the usb plugged in I get an Intel Motherboard error of:

No Bootable Device Has Been Detected

It then just sits there.  I have the BIOS set to Legacy and SATA Only and the hard drive is the only boot device.

bman1096

Boot with the installer USB, but choose your hard drive instead of the selection screen at the prompt. What options did you select for the installation?

Ok then after you boot into the installation, use the link above to install charmelon, but onto the hdd this time. I'm not sure why niresh's installation of charmelon doesn't work...

Ok I created the usb with the app store 10.9 and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and boot to it and type GraphicsEnabler=Yes for my 8400gs video card and then I get a KP for NO HPETS FOUND CPU ERROR

Ok so I used myhack and created the usb and installed it and then followed tonymac's boot0 error fix and booted again from the usb and unmounted the drive and then ran terminal and typed in:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

to which I get No Such Directory error

Am I using the right 4k instructions?