InsanelyMac Forum
mantes

Need DSDT Help With GA-H97-D3H

Good morning,

After several days of trying to hack my hackintosh I have iFailed. I'm able to install and boot into Mountain Lion after several tries and using various flags. After using flag -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No I could install ML, but after rebooting I would get stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. I solved the problem with the missing bluetooth controller transport with the following from InsanelyMac Legend rlf:

Boot -s. When you see the prompt "root:", then:

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot -v

I've been able to get ethernet working but no sound. I've been able to get the sound devices to show up but no sound. I've attached a non editted dsdt file from the myHack method and using the flags\steps above. When I attempt to compile this dsdt it has errors that I've been unable to resolve as I'm a newb when it comes to the Hackintosh. Any assistance or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !!

Attached is the DSDT file, IO-Reg, and about this mac system info in _Sys-Info.zip. If additional information is needed please let me know.

-Michael

_Sys-Info.zip

Advertisement

At first do:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv intel_back/AppleIntelHDA.kext .

touch ../Extensions

..otherwise your sound will never work... cause you ditched the audio driver... then reboot

If that already works -> Nice

If not -> I will edit your DSDT later, gotta run for work

EDIT: Please export ACPI Tableset from MACiasl... and upload it here

greetz

Hi Tuxuser ! My apologies for the delayed response and many thanks for your prompt response. Attached is the ACPI Tableset from MACiasl.

mantes Mac Pro.acpi.zip

I solved the problem with the missing bluetooth controller transport with the following from InsanelyMac Legend rlf:

Bad advice.  With discrete graphics, BIOS/Peripherals/Initial Display Output/PCIe and Intel Processor Graphics/Disabled.

The missing Bluetooth Controller does not stop boot, unrecognized Intel Graphics does.  

9 Series/HD4600 will never work in 10.8.5; currently not supported in any version of 10.9.

dsdt edits will not solve the unrecognized graphics problem.

A clean install is suggested to eliminate unknown effects of removing system files.

mv intel_back/AppleIntelHDA.kext .

No such file.  Correct file is AppleHDA.kext; not moved.

Many thanks for the responses. I will try the cleaned version. Thanks for the additional info Toleda. I ended up moving the AppleHDA.kext back as AppleIntelHDA.kext didn't exist. Still wasn't able to get sound to work via the headphone jack even though I was able to see input and output devices in the sound system prefs. I will ensure that my bios is set to PCIe and not the onboard video. I will do a clean install to eliminate the unknown effects of removing those system files and will report back on the outcome.

OK. Was able to get a clean install by disabling the onboard graphics in bios. Using flags -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No. Attempted to compile the cleaned DSDT and the cleaned version had more errors. Original had 25 errors, cleaned version had 33. Attaching screenshots and a new\clean DSDT and Tableset. Suspecting that moving those system files may have caused the problem.

_Sys-Info-mantes.zip

Set macIASL to ACPI version 5.0 and update IASL in settings ;)

BTW, I just cleaned it.. Didn't apply the audio patch yet.

Still wasn't able to get sound to work via the headphone jack even though I was able to see input and output devices in the sound system prefs.

To be clear, current AppleHDA audio does not work on 9 series motherboards.  See Console/All Messages.  No OS X support until native 9 Series products are available.

What about your quick fix for 9 series motherboards, the patched AppleHDA.kext.. That works fine for me (together with ALCinject / ALC1150) on 10.9.3

What about your quick fix for 9 series motherboards, the patched AppleHDA.kext.. 

Never tested on 10.8.5.  Confirmed working with 10.9.3.

I found the quick fix for 9 series boards. Will test on 10.8.5. If it doesn't work I will do a clean install with Mavericks and post the outcome. Many thanks !!

OK. Compiled, named dsdt.aml and saved to Extra folder. Getting KP and cannot boot to OS. Have tried -x -f -v PCIRootUID=1 acpi=off GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000. Did I miss a step or do a step incorrectly? Thanks again for assistance !!

post-1359368-0-74619100-1403045780_thumb.jpg

OK. I messed it up. = ) I didn't change the file type when when trying to save the compiled dsdt. I have since deleted the dsdt file from the extra folder, was able to boot to OSX, compile the dsdt and save it correctly. Put clean dsdt in the extra folder, rebooted, and am now loaded into OSX with the clean dsdt. Will be messing around some more to see if I can get audio working and will post an update shortly. Thanks again !!

P.S. Can you confirm a paypal account that I can donate to ? I really appreciate all the help I have personally received and all the work that has been put into the hackintosh community.

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw the big paypal box on the main page. $25 donation made.

UPDATE: Unable to get onboard audio working. Installing Mavericks. Will have an update tomorrow.

Keep up the amazing work !!!

Thanks !!!

Yay !! I'm happy to report that the onboard audio is working with Mavericks 10.9.3. Green port on the back doesn't work but the head phones jack on the front does which looks like the common denominator with the 9 series motherboards right now. Thanks again !!