Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have started this thread to discuss about old and very cheap ethernet cards working in the latest macOS releases, cards who just uses old ethernet controllers or are new and cheap cards with old ethernet controllers, this thread is just to discuss about such cards and also to have a list in the first post with reported working cards with drivers linked.
To contribute you have to report which card of this kind is working for you and which driver or method you followed to get it wo work and also which issues you have, and then it will be added in the list.
I start reporting cards which worked for me, yours will be added in the future:
intel 8255X based cards:
just works using the AppleIntel8255X kext (look in the attachments) and seems to be stable with no issues
And also there are some cards i am curious to see if can work with mac, so i leave this part at the end of the post, do you know if it's possible to get realtek pci (not pci express) ethernet cards working in the latest mac os? i have a few of them and i have difficulties fining drivers for mac, having a driver for the latest mac wil help me in creating also a youtube video with the cheapest hackintosh compatible ethernet cards
For those wanting to try Windows 10, I thought I would create a short guide on how to create a Clover/UEFI Windows 10 installer with Rufus and clean install. This guide is tailored for legacy BIOS machines but should also work in systems with native UEFI firmware.
1. Access to OSX and Windows to run Rufus and install Clover
2. Install Rufus: Download from here
3. Download the Windows 10 insider preview ISO (build 10074) from here.
Edit 29/7/15 RTM build 10240 available!: Download MediaCreationTool.
Making the UEFI Windows Installer
1. In Windows, Insert a 4GB or larger USB and start Rufus with the following settings
Partition scheme and target system device = MBR for UEFI computer File System FAT32 2. Click the “Create a bootable disk using ISO image” checkbox and the CDROM icon to browse/choose your downloaded ISO
3. Click Start & OK to burn the image to the USB. Notice the USB takes on the name of the original ISO.
4. After the image has been burned to the USB, copy bootx64.efi from the /efi/boot folder of the Windows ISO/DVD into /efi/microsoft/boot. Rename the file to "bootmgfw.efi" and also rename cdboot.efi to cdboot.bak.
For Windows 7, you need to extract bootmgfw.efi from "install.wim" eg using 7-Zip, open the iso and navigate to \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi and copy to efi\microsoft\boot on the USB.
Installing Legacy Clover (for legacy BIOS machines to boot the installer in UEFI mode)
1. Install Clover onto the USB drive (in OSX) with the “use alternative booting PBR” option ticked as shown below.
Note - you can also install legacy Clover onto the USB in Windows using the Bootice program - see post#23
2. Copy the config.plist, DSDT/SSDT.aml file(s) which are specific to your system into the Clover folder
- Put config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER directory
- Put DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
- Put FakeSMC.kext and other kexts required in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x (where x is your version of OSX)
Installation of Windows 10
1. Create free space on the target hard drive for Windows 10. This can be done in OSX using Disk Utility or in Windows with Disk Management/Diskpart.exe.
2. It is recommended to temporarily disconnect all hard drives except the target hard drive when installing or updating Windows 10.
3. Boot the computer with the Installer USB, pressing <F12> (or whatever your system’s BIOS boot selection key is) to choose the USB and then pressing the number <6> key when you see Clover’s flashing underscore
4. At the Clover Main Menu, choose “Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from your_USB_name” ---> start the Windows 10 installer GUI
5. Follow the rest of the steps in this guide - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html
Choose the “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)” option and just select the Unallocated Space for the installation —> the correct partitions will be automatically set up At the first reboot, boot to the USB again but at the Clover Main Menu, select “Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI” As the final step, don’t forget to install Clover on the hard drive . Major version upgrades through Windows Update (as opposed to a clean install) may overwrite the bootsector so legacy Clover might need to be re-installed. I recommend clean installing instead of letting Windows update perform an upgrade. If you run Windows 10 or 8 with Windows 7, you should turn off "Windows Hybrid Boot" to avoid chkdsk running every time you change from booting Windows 8/10 to Windows 7. Chameleon/Clover Emergency Boot Disk
As an added bonus, by adding the attached Chameleon boot file to the root of the USB, you can use the installer as an emergency boot disk for Clover or Chameleon:
Set your BIOS to boot first from USB ---> when you see the flashing underscore, press <1> to boot with Chameleon or <6> to boot with Clover .
Intel Pentium D - CPU
ATI Radeon 200 Xpress series - Graphics Card
I have managed to install Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). When I finished installation I restarted my PC but I got nothing but loading and then a blank screen in verbose mode. When I ran it in normal mode it just shows nothing but Apple Logo and no loading logo. I then reinstalled it with legacy kernel but when I run it in verbose or normal mode I get kernel panics.
Are there any bootflags I can try.
In legacy kernel during verbose mode it goes further than it does without legacy mode.