167 posts in this topic

Advertisement

does not work causes fatal error that can't be repaired sadly but hey i gave it a shot 

does not work causes fatal error that can't be repaired sadly but hey i gave it a shot 

Can you post the description of the error? Use the 3rd method if you have Clover.

So impatiently I tried doing this without fully understanding the commands and steps.  My Macbook ended up not being able to boot.  That "Do Not Enter" or whatever its called sign came up.  I ended up having to go into Recovery mode and inputting more commands to get the macbook bootable.  I can now use my computer but at every boot up I have a gray loading bar.  It's not that slow so it's not an issue with waiting but from what I've read it's not normal for that to appear from a cold boot or restart.  What do you guys think the issue is?

So impatiently I tried doing this without fully understanding the commands and steps.  My Macbook ended up not being able to boot.  That "Do Not Enter" or whatever its called sign came up.  I ended up having to go into Recovery mode and inputting more commands to get the macbook bootable.  I can now use my computer but at every boot up I have a gray loading bar.  It's not that slow so it's not an issue with waiting but from what I've read it's not normal for that to appear from a cold boot or restart.  What do you guys think the issue is?

In the first method you can restore the backupped kext and rebuild kernelcache. With second method you can restore the backupped binary file. With third, you can't sue third in original mac, you simply delete the string in config.plist.

I think you have followed the second one. Il not restore all files and follow the second method.

I put the third method in the config.plist for Clover on my USB drive witch is going to install Yosemite Beta on my SSD.

I can see that TRIM is enabled via the System Information.

I'll tell you later if it still the case after the installation.

Thanks for your methods.

I put the third method in the config.plist for Clover on my USB drive witch is going to install Yosemite Beta on my SSD.

I can see that TRIM is enabled via the System Information.

I'll tell you later if it still the case after the installation.

Thanks for your methods.

It should work with the next betas and the final release. If not let me know

It should work with the next betas and the final release. If not let me know

With pleasure :D

It works great under the public beta since install boot :D

I used Trim Enabler 3.2.5 for Yosemite public Beta.. the first time I turn on Trim.. the app will modify com.apple.boot.plist to add kext-dev-mode=1

The Trim then works. However on every boot, there is a 5 second delay (this computer encountered errors in boot and will wait five seconds). 

To fix it, 

- should add the Kext-dev-mode=1 using Clover config or com.chameleon.boot.plist on Extra (do this immed after install Trim Enabler and before restart... or your system will not boot).

- delete the com.apple.boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

- rename the com.apple.boot.plist-org back to com.apple.boot.plist

the error is due to Trim Enabler was not expecting an Hackintosh. and it modified apple.boot.plist wrongly.

I used Trim Enabler 3.2.5 for Yosemite public Beta.. the first time I turn on Trim.. the app will modify com.apple.boot.plist to add kext-dev-mode=1

The Trim then works. However on every boot, there is a 5 second delay (this computer encountered errors in boot and will wait five seconds). 

To fix it, 

- should add the Kext-dev-mode=1 using Clover config or com.chameleon.boot.plist on Extra (do this immed after install Trim Enabler and before restart... or your system will not boot).

- delete the com.apple.boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

the error is due to Trim Enabler was not expecting an Hackintosh. and it modified apple.boot.plist wrongly.

Thank you for the intel !

I've no use of Trim Enabler on Yosemite since I use Clover to modify via the KextToPatch a string for enabling Trim.

for those who had it fatal screen on them. if you kept the installer (on a different drive) you can go back into the base system.dmg and pull the altered file from the extensions folder to repair the install.

I always backup the installer on a thumb drive before installing a beta OS, it has saved my Bacon more then once... mmm Bacon, time for breakfast. ;)

HBP

Witch method did you use ?

none of the methods here.

replaced with this kext and Trim works, thx to Marchrius  :w00t:  :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by CooSee

replaced with this kext and Trim works, thx to Marchrius  :w00t:  :thumbsup_anim:

I was tired yesterday ;) I don't read well :)

You used the software TrimEnabler  :angel:

replaced with this kext and Trim works, thx to Marchrius :w00t::thumbsup_anim:

I'm happy to read that! At next update if you use Clover you can use the 3rd method that is more flexible and don't need to replace any kext.

I'm happy to read that! At next update if you use Clover you can use the 3rd method that is more flexible and don't need to replace any kext.

That's what I use :D That's working great :P

To fix it, 

i get this, too.

can i use the *.plist from Mavericks or can someone upload a working one?

thx