10.4.8 Kernel finally decrypted!? The trolls have answered! Beta testers needed soon....

djfuq

73 posts in this topic

My buddy and I at work are 2 of a kind.

We work for an IT company that is hell bent on putting linux on everything!

He is a coder and I am the QA guy and we both use HACKINTOSH! (in an office of people who dont ever try it)

He has a Dell laptop and I have a bitchen core duo with GMA950.

I love my "mac", and I use it to contol a lab of linux boxes. OSX = Linux "Desktop" in my opinion.

Now to get to the point!

My friend the coder has been trolling these fourms for a while now after I hooked him up with his first DVD of JaS goodness. He is quite interested in the project here.

At lunch today he told me I will have a decrypted 10.4.8 kernel to work with soon.

So he isnt the type of guy to {censored} me ever.. so we will see.

I personally would like to ask the community here if I should try to make a faq on how to do this for future use for everyone, rather than keep the methods secret, or is it best to just keep it secret? hmmm lol :)

:whistle:

P.S. sorry dude, I had to tell them!

Great work bro!

Guest bikedude880

This I would like to see running... if what you say is true, and there really is a decrypted 10.4.8 kernel, that would really be a huge step forward. Only problem is: I'm highly doubtful, but that's just me.

The problem with the kernel in Maxxuss's own words:

It's all about HPET, Enhanced Power Management, and possibly EFI support on the kernel.

Has all of that been dealt with as well? And how does that have anything to do with encryption?

that would be insane if this guy actually decrypted this kernel. i personally dont think you should realease to people like me just yet. i say run it through people like jas,kiko,quixo, and rammjet. then talk with them and then do a release. but do what you want. good luck to your friend

that would be insane if this guy actually decrypted this kernel. i personally dont think you should realease to people like me just yet. i say run it through people like jas,kiko,quixo, and rammjet. then talk with them and then do a release. but do what you want. good luck to your friend

Thank you for the needed answers wise one!

I will help my friend talk to those guys...

Also thank you for the EFI APM and HPET dude above this last post.

I will ask him about that tomorrow :D

nup, hes doing a 10.4.7 kernel and on another note my kernel is booting now but still crashinhg, i also have a a friend who runs os x 10.4.7 server kernel on his hacki (but he used to work for applE)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6691/hehehehjk1.jpg

What? :)

well mine has HPET but efi is a {censored} that we must get rid of till we get efi working

Thats were my kernel stops at atm

Thank you for the info man.. I think together we can do this, in the end we all have to make a faq of our discoveries for the newb xcoders out there.

Hope tomorrows answers yeild a test drive image!

Guest bikedude880
ah hopefully it falls through

Do you mean you hope it will fail, or that the answer will appear? I assume you mean the latter.

here in scotland 'it fell through' also means it didnt happen...

interesting, we use the exact same phrase in german, too.

p.s.

I would like to see a 10.4.8. But I doubt it exists because of the extended firmware. So the interesting

question would be how he did it. refit module in vista efi? :(

interesting, we use the exact same phrase in german, too.

p.s.

I would like to see a 10.4.8. But I doubt it exists because of the extended firmware. So the interesting

question would be how he did it. refit module in vista efi? :(

In NZ "it comes through" = happens

"it falls through" (usually in past tense "fell through") = it did not happen.

If this is true I would be interested to know if it will work with Htt prescott,as os x sees them as two cpus.(prescotts are like core duo's father in a sense)

And I dont think the proper way to say this is decrypted,I would think "Patched"

afaik the kernel is not encrypted.

If we can drop the whole linguistic discussion and get back to topic here....

Well 24 hours have passed since dfuq's orignial post and curious how far his friend was able to get. Have you guy's gotten in touch with Roga's EFIx86 team? They could probably be a big help to you.

Right now, i think its time to concentrate in having a 10.4.8 kernel working with HPET supported hardware, after that if its possible the bright guys can "extend" the "kernel?" to get more hardware in.

This should be our goal now.

If this community can make a real 10.4.8 osx happening then we could have hope for 10.5

oh this could be sweeeet

Right now, i think its time to concentrate in having a 10.4.8 kernel working with HPET supported hardware, after that if its possible the bright guys can "extend" the "kernel?" to get more hardware in.

This should be our goal now.

If this community can make a real 10.4.8 osx happening then we could have hope for 10.5

oh this could be sweeeet

Yes but you forget the guys making it work dont have core duo's,so HPET is not on out list right now.