Hackintosh suddenly won't start w/o safe mode. Help!

4 posts in this topic

My latest back-up was on May 1st. I went out of town for a few days, only to come back and now the build won't boot past the spinning wheel/apple logo/gray screen. This is particularly frustrating because my audio doesn't work in safe mode and I have to re-enable all the user-added fonts in font book.

Any ideas on what happened or why this would be? I didn't install or change anything since the last time I used it, however I did just see that "auto-updates" are checked in the App Store, so I have now turned those off.

My rig is as follows:

* Obsidian 660T Case
* ASRock Z77 Xtreme 4
* i7 3770k
* 32gb RAM (4x 8gb)
* 2TB HDD, 256gb SSD, 128gb SSD (with Windows 8 already installed on 1 TB, OS X onto the 256 SSD)
* 2x GeForce GTX 660 ti 3gb SLI 
* Dedicated Sound card onboard
* Blu Ray burner/Reader 12x
* Wifi/Bluetooth Card (which only works on the Windows side of things for now)

Extremities:

* Monitor: 27" Samsung HDMI 1080p and ASUS 21" HDMI 1080p
* Keyboard: SteelSeries Merc USB Wired
* Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Note: I've been using 10.9.2 since Day 1 on this build with no problems. 

Picture of verbose mode - http://i.imgur.com/kuV0GMD.jpg

Some suggestions on Reddit I am going to try next - http://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/24sweq/hackintosh_suddenly_wont_start_wo_safe_mode_help/

try boot with a USBInstaller, then choose your HD to boot with -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000  be sure that in your USBInstaller have a Extra/Extensions with FakeSMC.kext

try boot with a USBInstaller, then choose your HD to boot with -f -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000  be sure that in your USBInstaller have a Extra/Extensions with FakeSMC.kext

Okay, but once I am able to boot (or not able) what is the next step? I don't want to have to boot from the USBInstaller each time, I just want to go back the way it was X'(

ok, if you system start from USBInstaller, can be a problem with FakeSMC.kext, try reinstall this kext to your system and repairpermissions with Kext Wizard app/reboot

if not start, can be a problem with the boot loader, try reinstall chameleon