Stuck on Apple logo with no spinning wheel.

mihir.joshi21

13 posts in this topic

I tried booting with these parameters - 

-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 busratio=33  

and every combination thereof but it ends with completely black screen. I already tried ACHI settings and disabled virtualization technology.

These are my specifications - 

Asrock h81m-hds

i5 - 4440k 3.1 ghz

Try to browse your install disk, go to /S/L/E and remove all kexts with the name that begins with AppleIntelHD* , AppleIntelSNB*, AMD*, ATI*, NVDA*

Boot up with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Your installer might not be in a good resolution, but when the mac is installed on your Pc, when you install Intel graphics kext, it will be 1366x768. I'm experiencing it too, but my problem is solved now.

Try to browse your install disk, go to /S/L/E and remove all kexts with the name that begins with AppleIntelHD* , AppleIntelSNB*, AMD*, ATI*, NVDA*

Boot up with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Your installer might not be in a good resolution, but when the mac is installed on your Pc, when you install Intel graphics kext, it will be 1366x768. I'm experiencing it too, but my problem is solved now.

no /S/L/E in bootdisk

Blv4hCeCYAATbfD.png

I see a "product name" of something that is not supported here:

"Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene. Example of commercial spin-off: tonymacx86."

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/rules/

Your S/L/E on the installer might be hidden.  Try in terminal

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

then restart Finder (hold ‘alt’ on the keyboard and right click on the Finder icon---->click Relaunch)

& delete graphics kexts as described earlier.  Have a look at the Noobs Guide troubleshooting fixes.

To hide again, type

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

& relaunch Finder.

Your S/L/E on the installer might be hidden.  Try in terminal

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

then restart Finder & delete graphics kexts as described earlier.  Have a look at the Noobs Guide troubleshooting fixes.

To hide again, type

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

My usb installer doesn't show - system/library/extension... it only has the app store file.

How did you create your installer?  What version of OSX are you trying to install? What are your complete hardware specs eg do you have a discrete graphics card also?   You really need to provide more information about your system if you want meaningful help - otherwise we are all just guessing what you did!!!

If all you see is "Install OS X Mavericks.app" (and no S/L/E despite unhiding files and relaunching Finder), it was probably made with createinstallmedia and not from extracting BaseSystem.dmg (the 'normal' hackintosh method).  Also Haswell needs at least ML 10.8.5 or Mavericks to work.

You'll need to create an install USB which has a S/L/E folder in order to manipulate the kexts easily eg

As mentioned by @PimentelX86, since you have a Haswell CPU, you will need to patch the kernel following his guide or use Clover bootloader (which patches the kernel on the fly).

It would be wonderful if you were to follow a few important tips in post #7 .... then you would your goal come closer.

Good hack!

1) what OS X version you want to install? Mavericks 10.9.2?

2) Do you have a Mac or a hackintosh? Or from a friend, without it will hardly to be install.

3) Since you have a haswell cpu ... you must use a hashwell mach_kernel for mavericks 10.9.2 ! (see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/221-1092-mach-kernel-patched-for-intel-haswell-motherboards/ )

4) download mavericks 10.9.2 from Apple store

5) download myhack Version 3.1.1 (see under download)

6) Install Mavericks with myhack on a USB stick or an external hdd. After you have created the USB Stick, add the pachted hashwell mach_kernel in the main directory of your USB stick.

7) BIOS settings:

Set AHCI to enabled

USB stick put on first boot order. Save the BIOS settings.

Start system.

8) test with these boot flags:

-v -f UseKernelCache=NO PCIRootUID=1

Or PCIRootUID=0 (or with CPUs=1)

GraphicsEnabler=YES or with NO

Without npci=0x2000 or 3000 you have an Intel cpu !

You have to inform you well and read. I'm not an Intel expert but I think that should work so.

Good luck!

• Like 1