Vanilla Installation won't boot on NP270E5E

vocalico

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I've been trying during a long time to do a Vanilla Install on my Samsung laptop, but I haven't been able.

I installed iAtkos ML2 which got installed perfectly, but I got rid of it because I didn't like at all having a cooked distro. I want to do a Vanilla install, but I don't achieve it. I tried doing it with myHack, but there is one moment when the installer is loading that the screen turns black and it doesn't recover. I have tried deleting the nvidia kexts, but it didn't work. Also, I tried using Niresh, but it directly doesn't boot, the computer restarts. Please, give me some help!!!

This is the configuration of my laptop:

• Intel Core i5-3230M 2.60GHz
  • Two graphic cards: NVIDIA 710M and Intel HD 4000
  • WiFi card Atheros AR5007EG (Originally AR9485, but I changed in order to make it work with iAtkos)
  • Windows 8.1 (I don't mind losing it)
  • UEFI and legacy(CSM) support (Legacy doesn't work because iAtkos broke it. I can boot from CD's and USB's but Windows is unable to start in legacy mode)

If I finally can't get a Vanilla Installation of Mavericks, I think I will install iAtkos ML2 (10.8.2) and update, or buy iAtkos M (10.9.1)

Thanks

hello

u are saying u can't boot in legacy.. so u must use a uefi install image..

because many of the tools u write is for legacy boot

and forget the nvidia .. unless u can disable in bios the hd 4000

to not have graphics problems.. must set in boot the right 

ig-platform-id to the intel graphics

see here about

Intel HD4000 and Haswell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id    

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#ig-platform-id

[ NooBs Guide ] How to install OS X Mavericks from scratch in progress    

[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Mavericks!)    

good hack

I can boot in legacy mode, the unic thing which is broke is the legacy Windows mode, but I can boot whatever I want, like linux or Windows 7

I know that here iAtkos is not much loved, but I have seen how uphuck has achieved to run Mavericks with a nvidia and an Intel 4000 HD, using both, but really this doesn't really matters to me.

All at all, I only want to know how I could install mavs in vanilla mode, the post installation and the fight with the graphic cards is less important

Thanks