HP Compaq 8200 Elite MT PC (Audio and Resolution)

ammar_dv

3 posts in this topic

I have installed 'Mavrick 10.9' on a 'HP Compaq 8200 Elite MT PC' with the following specifications :

HP Compaq 8200 Elite MT PC

CPU : Intel® Core i5-2400 @3.10GHz

RAM : 4 GB

Graphics : Intl® HD Graphics ,         DevID=0102 , VenID=8086

Audio : Realtek High Definition Adio , DevID=1c20 , VenID=8086

the installation was successful but I couldn't get audio working nor the graphics , the resolution is very low.

I need some help to get the Audio (speakers and Mic) to work and to enhance the resolution.

thanks.

attached is a screenshot for the devices info.

post-1290096-0-74718800-1395312694_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I realize that this thread is a bit old - but I was wondering if you did anything specific to get the keyboard/mouse to respond during install.  I get to the choose your language spot and neither USB nor a PS/2 keyboard are usable.  Even things like hitting caps lock and num lock do not respond until you take back the device from the host.  Using VMWare player - tried on two physically different boxes, both running Fedora 19 64bit.

I'm probably missing some kexts or something simple - haven't dredged the internet that much *yet*.

Thanks

EDIT:  I failed to mention that the second machine I am trying to install on is a Compaq 8200 i3 - much like yours

In case anyone finds themselves searching for answers.. In my case (both PCs) the issue was related to the guest not being able to use the USB keyboard/mouse (and somehow the PS/2), for whatever reason.  What I had to do to fix this was to edit the guest's 'Virtual Machine Settings' and instruct vmware to present all USB input devices.  Once I did this I was able to hand over full control of the keyboard.  NOTE:  It would be wise to have a second USB keyboard at the ready, as once you do this you cannot release control back to the host nor can you switch to a new term to HUP the player.  

Alternatively you can plug your original keyboard into another USB port and force it back, but this failed to work for me on one occasion, and will likely depend on how many ports/buses you have  - likely my USB stack gave up and went on vacation.