How to fix the iMessage/Facetime customer code error

38 posts in this topic

So i've delt with many of these calls as a former applecare advisor.

Its important to say that you have an issue with your appleID, the way apple logs cases is either appleID is or a mac issue, if you say something in the lines of i have an issue with my appleID, it gives an custoemr code then you will not need a serial number, just a valid appleID (which you have ofcourse :) )

The reason that advisors are asking for serials or even screen sharing is because they do not know this issue and are unsure what to do with the customer code (not sure how many times i have explained to former colleages what to do with it)

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup_anim: It worked for me, waited for around 15 minutes to get connected to the Apple Care guy. Said there is something wrong with my Apple ID and couldn't sign into iMessages and gave him the customer code, and within few minutes the guy said to try and sign in and iMessages and FaceTime works after that.

I haven't changed a thing since my previous post. I may have rebooted again, but now I'm getting a different error. I no longer get a code, but just the 'could not be activated at this time' message. This is odd...

Run imessage_debug and check the SmUUID , ROM and MLB values. Do the values change every time you reboot?

Please I have called apple support they took me through all the possible ways to fix the iMessage but the option I still get is "Couldn't sign in. Please check your network. They checked and everything shows I have no problem with signing in . Is there something I need to do about my network settings or something?

Please I have called apple support they took me through all the possible ways to fix the iMessage but the option I still get is "Couldn't sign in. Please check your network. They checked and everything shows I have no problem with signing in . Is there something I need to do about my network settings or something?

You have an isue that is not described here, be sure to check other options, as this thread will not help you im afraid.

Your ID's aren't correct!

Check iMessageDebug and if you are using Chameleon you can forget it for now on 10.10

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Onixs and me tried to reach them (infact, he tried for me, thanks a lot :wub: ) but the Support Center asked me to share my screen, which I think is too risky (Onixs thinks so too!). So what to do now? We will retry anyway, hoping someone else will help without screen sharing.

EDIT: Fixed iMessage by calling them again (thanks Onixs)

@midi I done Screen Sharing with Apple Support member Its not risky If he not found any hack things on Desktop (I just cleaned all before sharing)

And Make OS X installed partition name Mackintosh HD. << Optional Step

He cant control our Hack directly he has virtual pointer to point us to click there to open or any thing

@midi I done Screen Sharing with Apple Support member Its not risky If he not found any hack things on Desktop (I just cleaned all before sharing)

And Make OS X installed partition name Mackintosh HD. << Optional Step

He cant control our Hack directly he has virtual pointer to point us to click there to open or any thing

When does this screen sharing come in at all? I have never been asked to that.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to add this because I was really surprised that it worked...

So I built my Hackintosh in an old PowerMac G4 case, and then I used the original G4 serial number. I'm using clover as my bootloader. I got the error described by the OP, so I called up Apple, because I want to keep using the original serial number. First I told the lady it was a G4, but she said it was too old to support and couldn't help me. So I called back and did the same thing, but was offered the chance to use the $29 support, being told that they wouldn't bill me if they couldn't help. Got hooked up to the guy, explained that I had substantially upgraded my G4 so it could run Yosemite, and after about 20 minutes of him talking to his superiors, they went ahead and allowed it! He was worried that because the serial number is for such an old machine, that it might fall off the system again at some point, but they told him that probably wouldn't happen, and he said they were all really impressed that I was able to run Yosemite on a G4. I never said the word Hackintosh, and niether did he! Then, to top it off, they didn't even charge me, and my Messages app works fine now! I think this made my day...

• Like 1