Intel HD / ALC861

5 posts in this topic

I have tried almost all the stuff here to fix my ALC861 sound card on my laptop (tried each and every topic...for a month now)....but nothing works........

Yesterday, when I was updating my OSX from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8, during the installation, I was amazed to see that the system profile detected my sound card as Intel HD Audio: but after a successful update....nothing comes up now.....it says no audio device found..........say improperly configured..........

can anyone tell me why that happened.........

When you go to "sound" in "system preferences" does it say HD Audio Output anywhere?

I have the same sound card in my desktop and after installing 4.7 sound out worked, except it wasn't recognized in the system profiler.

It took me awhile to figure this out, in fact it was only after reinstalling 4.7 (With speakers connected this time) that I realized sound was working, prior to that I had tried all the fixes with no luck.

nothing comes up now.....it says no audio device found..........say improperly configured..........

Where are you reading "improperly configured"? Do you see any errors during boot? Have you tried booting in verbose mode (-v) and looked for errors? If you go to Terminal and type: sudo dmesg

you will get a printout similar to what happens when you boot. Do you see any errors there?

Have you tried this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

You have to be sure to follow the Appendix in that guide to get the correct vendor and device id's for your audio devices.

• 8 months later...