Notebook: Acer A315-53-34MP, High Sierra 10.13.6 && Mojave 10.14.6 installation
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-8130U, 3400 MHz
Memory: Kingston, DDR4, 2x4Gb, 2400 MHz
Video: Intel UHD620 (integrated)
Display: CMN N156HGA-EAB [15.6" LCD] (embedded)
External monitor: LG TV 42LF650V
SSD: Leven JAJS300M240C, 240 Gb (replacement)
Chipset: Intel Sunrise Point-LP
Sound: Intel Kaby Lake HDMI + Realtek ALC255
LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Wi-Fi + Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94352Z (replacement)
Cardreader: Realtek PCIE RTS5289
Mac model: MacBookPro14,2
MacOS versions tested: High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) && Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95)
Here is what I used to install and configure the system:
- Video settings: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334899-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen/?tab=comments#comment-2627217
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup && https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README.md
- Touchpad and cardreader: https://voodooi2c.github.io
- Clover version: v2.5k r5033
- The results of the work of many developers in this and other forums.
- Video: FullHDx60Hz accelerated video on embedded and external (HDMI) monitors
- Sound: embedded and external (HDMI)
- Touchpad (gestures)
- USB2 && USB3 ports
- VGA WebCam
- Sleep mode
- Display brightness and volume control using function keys
- Battery Indication
- Automatically dimming the screen when the laptop is running on battery power
- Sound notification when external power is connected
What does not work?
How to use
1. Update BIOS to version 2.02. Secure boot must be disabled, Touchpad settings - Advanced
2. To make a bootable flash drive, you can use my EFI directory (link at the end of the message) Tested for High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) && Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95) && Catalina 10.15 (19A558d) installation.
Note: you must insert your own SeralNumber && MLB && ROM in the config.plist file.
3. After installation, just copy EFI directory from flash drive to the system drive.
4. Install kexts BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext && BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to the /Library/Extensions and update system caches.
Hi, I want to install MacOS Catalina on my laptop.
I was installed MacOS Mojave previously but i had a lot of problem, for example my wifi's card (Dell DW1820A) had a problem: My pc sometimes doesn't boot up or pc after some minutes crashed or slowed.
Now i want to try again to install macOS.
this is my spec:
CPU: i7 6500U with HD520
SSD: 500GB SSD Samsung
Wifi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A (Bluetooth: BCM2045A0) (Wifi: BCM94350ZAE)
Ethernet: Realtek 8100
Attached in this thread, my old clover configuration created by me (CLOVER OLD) and clover with Wifi driver (CLOVER) created by Hervè (I had asked help at insanelymac's community)
P.S SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
Thanks in advance
By Moustafa Mohamed
I want your recommendations please to the easiest most straight forward x86 laptop that I can use to install macOS on (highSiera or above please).
1- I don't plan to open the laptop, as I don't have tools, soldering, etc.
2- easiest installation with minimum patches required
3- as you could appreciate, this will be large investment for me to buy the laptop, so I can't afford really not to succeed.
If there is already a discussion with the same topic, please refer me to it if possible. I have seen the HCL pages for each MacOS, but I could not tell which one is the easiest project?
I used to mess around with iATKOS back in 2011, I since have been out of the loop and have gone through several different PC's.
Now I have built a new PC and would like to install High Sierra to my external SSD.
I have gotten as far as installing clover and the .raw image to my USB stick but I am getting stuck on the +++++++++++ then reboot problem.
I realize a LOT has changed and I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out.
My PC's specs are as follows:
Intel Core i7 7820X
32GB Ballistix RGB Tactical Tracer (by Micron)
EVGA X299 FTW K
NVIDIA RTX 2070 (EVGA)
4TB Western Digital HDD
1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
480GB Micron SSD
If someone can help point me in the right direction that would be amazing, I have tried using some of the efi files for different x299 setups and such but no luck same results, played with different boot flags and options but everything is so much different I don't really know what does what.
I would very greatly appreciate if anyone can point me to some reading or a specific set of files to get me past this error as I haven't the slightest why it is even doing this. Mind you the last time I played around with this was back in 2011 with iATKOS and CD's, I have no CD drive in this build and need to do this via USB and as I understand this is 100% possible I just need the right boot setup and settings.
Thank you in advance,
Finally I finished the installation of 10.14.6 on my Dell E5440. Everything works just fine, but HDMI will not work. Every time I plug it in, it causes a grey screen on my laptop monitor. Also on boot up. I attached my EFI Folder, maybe someone can help me. I searched a bit and read something about Azul Framebuffer Kext.
Thank you for helping.