verleihnix

Mavericks 10.9.2 released

109 posts in this topic

Again.

An issue cropped up with chameleon modules, continual reboot.

the module I had to remove is: FileNVRAM.dylib

another important point, and it might be the actual solution, without messing as I did above:

use chameleon wizard to make the mavericks partition active.

well so far so good, 10.9.2 on Dell Dim 9200 now works for me ;)

Advertisement

Straight and easy update on my Dell Latitude D630 nVidia laptop and Vostro 200 desktop systems, both running Vanilla kernel.

However, different story for my Precision 670 running on Bronya's AMD kernel (those early Dual-Core Xeon do not support vanilla kernel): after updating from 10.9.1 via Apple menu or via Combo update or even after a fresh 10.9.2 install, boot fails to complete and get stuck on the following error message:

Data/Stack execution not permitted: xpcd[pid xxx] at virtual address yyyyyyyyyyy, protections were read-write

Were you able to find out what causes this? I'm getting the same thing when I try on my FX 8350.

Nope, looked into it for some time but kinda given up for the moment. It could be that the AMD kernel for 10.9/10.9.1 upsets 10.9.2 which indeed came out with an updated kernel (13.1.0).

Were you able to find out what causes this? I'm getting the same thing when I try on my FX 8350.

Use System.kext and Sandbox.kext from 10.9.0/10.9.1 and update caches.

Otherwise it won't boot (kernel dependencies...)

Use System.kext and Sandbox.kext from 10.9.0/10.9.1 and update caches.

Otherwise it won't boot (kernel dependencies...)

Hi Andy,

After updating to 10.9.2 i get X64 exception errors.

Can you help ?

Tried to create smbios, used same values (of course the serial numbers are unique) as real macpro3,1. Same problem. Tried to log in with a different appleid, same problem. :( It worked nicely until 10.9.2

are you fix to imessage and facetime issue?

i'm faced with these problem in chameleon and clover.

i used notebook. i try all method. but i can't success.

if i want to use facetime, i remove FileNVRAM in module folder. so i can login facetime. but brightness and gamma are not save.

very annoying. really wonder issue.

You could try patching your NVRAM plist file (normally called nvram.blahxxxxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra) with the real UUID of your platform. Basically you obtain your UUID with Terminal command ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID. Then you edit the plist file and replace 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 by your previously obtained UUID. Reboot and check things out. Known to work on some systems, but not all...

You could try patching your NVRAM plist file (normally called nvram.blahxxxxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra) with the real UUID of your platform. Basically you obtain your UUID with Terminal command ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID. Then you edit the plist file and replace 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 by your previously obtained UUID. Reboot and check things out. Known to work on some systems, but not all...

not success. i'm same like nyolc8

my notebook need ROM is empty ROM line for working facetime or imessage.

By the way, this was fixed with Bronya's 10.9.2 patched kernel: RC5/RC6/RC7. These kernels allowed to boot 10.9.2/10.9.3/10.9.4 without much problem; just had to replace AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily kexts by version from 10.9.1 to retain full QE/CI on my GeForce 9800GT and good overall performance; system very laggy otherwise.