AMD FX-6300 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 OSX 10.8.4 gets as far as SBBOD

ntzrmtthihu777

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, first post here, first foray into the mac world at all, let alone hackintoshing. My hardware is as follows
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G64

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650

CPU: AMD FX-6300

The steps I've undertook:

Created a bootable usb device from an untouched OSX 10.8.4.dmg file from linux, following this guide (have not tried adding the kexts yet, seems to me they are more for Intel based builds, correct me if wrong), inserted the fx_kernel from here as /mach_kernel, and booted with -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=20 colors=32 arch=x86_64 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000

This gets me pretty far, as far as my ignorance in OSX matters can tell; I end up with an off-white screen with the infamous spinning beach ball of death.

many thanks, I'll add those to my list of resources regarding hackintoshing. Atm I've read quite a bit regarding it, and I'm kinda surprised I made it this far, lol. I made a working VM of Snow Leopard using a Hazard iso, but I've always been a do it yourself type, and you never know what gets stuck into these 'distros'

well, if you can install VMW, I suggest to you make a USBInstaller Vanilla with app Mavericks, like the video how to make a USBinstaller AMD, then try install, if you need mofify your installer. change the kernel, add kexts to your hardware, you can use your install VMW Mac OS to make it

Good Luck!!!