Mavericks 10.9 / GeForce 210 -- Dual display DVI and VGA problems. Please help!

morothorwol

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I installed OSX Mavericks some while ago, and everything was working fine with VGA Single display.

I wanted to use double screen, so i got another VGA monitor. As GeForce 210 has only 1 VGA, 1DVI and 1 HDMI, i got a DVI to VGA adapter to my SECOND monitor.

Firstly, i can`t make Mavericks to use the DVI monitor as second display, it will automatically be detected as the main display. (No problem, i can just change ports). However i have problems with the FIRST display (DVI). It doesn't mater which display it is, but i can't get it to work properly. The screen resolutions available in "Displays" in System Preferences do not match with the monitor's default.

I am currently using a LG LCD 23' connected vía VGA

Samsung 17' connected vía the DVI to VGA adapter.

In this way, the LG monitor has FULL resolution working as the second display, the other one doesn't.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install Mavericks on a computer with an Asus GeForce 210 1GB DDR3. I'm exactly in the same situation as you are: two monitors connected via DVI and VGA, respectively. I followed your suggestion and disconnected the DVI cable.

I tried the following combinations of boot flags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 -v

However, the installation got stuck and a point where I have the pointer on a white background without nothing happening. How do you managed to complete the installation with this graphics card?

Thank you,

cili0.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm currently trying to install Mavericks on a computer with an Asus GeForce 210 1GB DDR3. I'm exactly in the same situation as you are: two monitors connected via DVI and VGA, respectively. I followed your suggestion and disconnected the DVI cable.

I tried the following combinations of boot flags:

However, the installation got stuck and a point where I have the pointer on a white background without nothing happening. How do you managed to complete the installation with this graphics card?

Thank you,

cili0.

Hi,

With this graphics card, i have always booted the installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -v to see what happens. No other flags needed.

Good luck!