10.4.8 installed: No sound in QuickTime?

The Shaun

32 posts in this topic

I hope you're running a real 10.4.8 kernel (semthex...) if you install quicktime 7.1.3

to get back audio with "real" 10.4.8 and quicktime 7.1.3 you could try this:

Close all your apps

in the Terminal

sudo -s

(your password if required)

killall coreaudiod

Sometimes it brings back audio few seconds later, sometimes not.

UPDATE: it seems that it's a bit more complicated.

I made a clean install with 10.4.8 AMD DVD test1, i will do some tests with a clone install to see

if quicktime 7.1.3 is the only responsible of sound output breaks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Momo,

Thanks for your help. I have an SSE2 processor, so I'm kind of SOL. I tried the killall coreaudiod, but of course it did NOT work because I am NOT running Semthex's kernel. You're right that it is complicated than we initially think. I think I'll have to go back to 10.4.7 or get a new processor, whether I like it or not. Thanks again! :angel:

Cya!

~Melo~

Hi Melody

With Semthex latest I am able to use Northwood SSE2 and Prescott SSE3 processor by swapping it.

Since I was using SSE2 processor I encounter same problem you have encounter, no sound while playing one of the Apple ads on http://www.apple.com/getamac/

later I change the /system/library/frameworks/Accelerate.framework with the 10.4.7 Accelerate.framework

and now have sound while playing it

Hope that people who has this problem give a try...

Hope it help

Good Luck

If it's a success you all got to thank and support Semthex for making it possible

Regards

katmail

Hi Helios

I not sure it will work on the Old Kernel

Thanks for the Feedback

Now I am trying the lastest Semthex Beta 9.exp6

There is no need to change the Accelerate.framework

Just do Jas 10.4.8 update and enjoy

Future more I can run iTune 7

Great work from Semthex

Regards

katmail

Edited by katmail

Thank you for your information, Katmail. We really appreciate your help! :P How did you figure it out, or was it Semthex who figured it out? That really worked for me too--I just used Pacifist to get the 10.4.7 Accelerate.framework. We greatly appreciate Semthex's efforts for making the new beta9 kernel too--I have not tried it yet, but I hope to try it once I get a study break. Many thanks again. :)

Cya!

~Melo~