Driver for Realtek's RTL810x Fast Ethernet Series

Mieze

179 posts in this topic

@ellaosx: This is just a cosmetic issue which is caused by slight differences between the Xcode 8 and 9 build rules. There is no need to worry!

Mieze

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mieze

My HP Notebook to the controller: Realtek RTL8101E / RTL8102E PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

I get an ip address but do not stay long, it disconnects then reconnects and then it remains on the orange led.

Can you tell me what's wrong.

I use Mojave, in the bios everything is correct.

thank you very much

ps: I installed the RealtekRTL8100.kext v.2.0.1 in L / E

system.log.zip

Capture d’écran 2018-10-05 à 18.04.41.png

Résultat de Terminal.zip

Edited by Sabrina13

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening everyone, I'm new and this is my first post here for you.
I wanted to compliment the guide.
I am a holder of hp 250 g3 and unfortunately in the last days I have the same problem with Sabrina13. For about 10 minutes I can stay connected to the Lan and then the light from the Network panel looking at the Lan turns orange and tells me that it is not possible to connect to the internet.

Good evening everybody

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 9:44 PM, Sabrina13 said:

Thanks Mieze

My HP Notebook to the controller: Realtek RTL8101E / RTL8102E PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

I get an ip address but do not stay long, it disconnects then reconnects and then it remains on the orange led.

Can you tell me what's wrong.

I use Mojave, in the bios everything is correct.

thank you very much

ps: I installed the RealtekRTL8100.kext v.2.0.1 in L / E

system.log.zip

Capture d’écran 2018-10-05 à 18.04.41.png

Résultat de Terminal.zip

On 10/26/2018 at 2:33 AM, Mieze said:

@Sabrina13 and @kenzobengy:

According to your description, this is not a driver issue. In case you can rule out a hardware problem, it's most likely a messed up network configuration or a DHCP related problem.

Mieze

similar issue at my end too, HP Pavilion with 10EC:8136 (also same issue on DELL 3542 with same Ethernet Controller). Ethernet works fine on cold boot, until or unless i disconnect the Ethernet cable. once cable is disconnected and reconnected again it fails to assign IP Address from router and instead something like this (169.254.160.72) is assigned. reboot fixes the issue and working fine under windows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, harold_finch said:

hmmm,im a noob....sorry for this stupid question...but how do I install this driver?

paste on desktop an use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install it

On 2/24/2019 at 5:46 AM, Mieze said:

@chilledHamza: Please provide kernel logs showing the issue.

coldBoot.zip: cable connected on boot, working as expected

Self-Assigned IP: after un-plug, re-plug cycle

also rebooting with Self-Assigned IP with cable still connected cause kernel panic, happened 2 times, disconnected cable before reboot to avoid kernel panic (3rd reboot).

used the Debug version of Kext.

debug_coldBoot.zip

Debug_Self-Assigned IP.zip

Kernel_2019-03-09-173749_Hamzas-MacBook-Pro.panic

On 3/13/2019 at 3:18 AM, Mieze said:

@chilledHamza Please clean system caches (No, this is not the kernel cache). Use Google in order to find out how to do this. After that, reboot and recreate the kernel caches. Let's see if it resolves the issue.

deleted the content under ~/Library/Caches, if that's not what you meant let me know. also another thing I noticed is initially on replugging the cable. Ethernet is Red (not connected) under network preferences, and after 30 seconds it turns to yellow (Self-Assigned IP). after that yellow it turns to green after random time, because one time it took ~15 seconds and another time it took ~2 minutes. so in short it is actually working but there's random delay. not connecting instantly.

Edited by chilledHamza

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Today something strange (but interesting) happened.

I have a Kabylake-r laptop (Intel 8250u) which always idles at 1.2ghz with pkg power at minimum 1.38.
Today I replaced RealtekRTL8100.kext (from Mieze RealtekRTL8100) with this one https://mega.nz/#!GVYB0IqR!9Rbv62ArhmCqFkrCQPaBleqYsza8CJ6cHo8C9XFKQ4E
After rebooting my cpu idles at 1.2ghz (as always) but thit time minimum pkg power is at 0.6!!!
That has a positive impact at both battery consuption and heat producing.

If anyone willing to try just let me know :

1) If the above statement happens to you also , and
2) If ethernet is working , since I only use wifi.

Terminal Saved Output.txt

5 hours ago, matgeo said:

Today something strange (but interesting) happened.

I have a Kabylake-r laptop (Intel 8250u) which always idles at 1.2ghz with pkg power at minimum 1.38.
Today I replaced RealtekRTL8100.kext (from Mieze RealtekRTL8100) with this one https://mega.nz/#!GVYB0IqR!9Rbv62ArhmCqFkrCQPaBleqYsza8CJ6cHo8C9XFKQ4E
After rebooting my cpu idles at 1.2ghz (as always) but thit time minimum pkg power is at 0.6!!!
That has a positive impact at both battery consuption and heat producing.

If anyone willing to try just let me know :

1) If the above statement happens to you also , and
2) If ethernet is working , since I only use wifi.

Terminal Saved Output.txt

i will test also. interesting

• 3 weeks later...

Hi trying to install this on El Capitan but I am getting the following error.

The super class vtable 'vtable for IOEthernetController' for vtable 'vtable for RTL8100' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Link failed (error code 5).

Prelink failed for com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8100; omitting from prelinked kernel.