152 posts in this topic

open a terminal window and type :

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

or

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

then reboot

for both step 2 and step 4?? if so thanks

Advertisement

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions & sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel do the same thing.

The first one is fast and simple, the second one is a little bit longer but you'll see onscreen what's happening.

You can do both one after the other if you want to see the difference but it's useless ;) and the result will be the same : it rebuilds kernel cache.

Note that it does NOT repair permissions !

Choose one of them then reboot

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions & sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel do the same thing.

The first one is fast and simple, the second one is a little bit longer but you'll see onscreen what's happening.

You can do both one after the other if you want to see the difference but it's useless ;) and the result will be the same : it rebuilds kernel cache.

Note that it does NOT repair permissions !

Choose one of them then reboot

thanks again :)

Mieze..Thanks for your outstanding contribution here. With the help of RehabMan directing my query to this post, I now have full ethernet functionality on my Lenovo U310, even after sleep. Smiles and chuckles after weeks of struggles. Thank you.  ssprod

Mieze..Thanks charmed works for my 

(from lilnux )

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 07)

Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 0123
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 43
    Region 0: I/O ports at 3000
    Region 2: Memory at b0600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
    Region 4: Memory at b0400000 (64-bit, prefetchable)
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: r8169

Thank you for this wonderful contribution Mieze. I have just compiled and installed it on Mavericks. It has been working like a charm. :)

Finally, I no longer have to manually configure speed, duplex and MTU.

please help ..idk why i'm the only one in this world still can't make my ethernet card works at all...

check out my screen shot...

also idk what to delete before i setup it and i use Kext Wizard tool to install it

please help me

post-1496184-0-22112400-1425075599_thumb.png

What's your bootloader ?

Where is installed the kext ?

Check you don't have duplicate kexts in different places (ie. in S/L/E and E/E or EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10)

To make sure the kext is correctly loaded, move it in S/L/E and delete all others instances in your setup. Make sure you use kext-dev-mode=1 boot-flag, rebuild kernelcache and reboot.

my bootloader is Clover Configurator as it shows at the 1st picture

and i setup the .kext file by Kext Wizard as it at the 2nd picture

and i only delete the file which at S/ L/ E/ selected and reinstall it as it shown at the 3rd picture ...idk if there is anything else i should delete or not

and i do repair permissions and Rebuild cache after i finish seting up the driver....or i have to do this before i setup it?

sry if i'm talking too much because that's my 1st time ever with Mac system so idk ALOT about how to configure it.

post-1496184-0-73024100-1425114588_thumb.png

post-1496184-0-22083800-1425114679_thumb.png

post-1496184-0-23158600-1425114776_thumb.png

post-1496184-0-05997200-1425114864_thumb.png

Hi Mieze

The driver works and no sign of interruption. But i have something in my log:

Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: EEE support enabled.
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: TCP/IPv4 segmentation offload enabled.
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Using interrupt mitigate value 0x0.
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: RTL8105E: (Chipset 11) at 0x35a62000, 44:8a:7d:b8:86:2a
RTL8100: Ethernet address 44:8a:7d:b8:86:2a
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Tx timeout. Lost interrupt?

Any idea?

Any idea?

There is no need for further explanations because the log messages are self explanatory. These are lost interrupts, nothing less and nothing more.

Mieze

Mieze,

Could you please update this driver to the new driver interface?

Thanks in advance :)

Mieze,

Could you please update this driver to the new driver interface?

Thanks in advance :)

Sure, but I need a volunteer who is able to build from source in order to run some tests because I don't have any appropriate hardware to test the driver myself.

Mieze

Sure, but I need a volunteer who is able to build from source in order to run some tests because I don't have any appropriate hardware to test the driver myself.

Mieze

I could help with testing but not building  :blush:

Thanks

@Mieze Just curious, I was reading this code and noticed this:

https://github.com/Mieze/RealtekRTL8100/blob/master/RealtekRTL8100/RealtekRTL8100.cpp#L2621

data32 is not used after this point. Should there be:

mdio_write(tp, 0x10, data32);

After that line?

Please ask the Realtek developers because I took these lines from their linux driver and due to the lack of documentation I have no idea what it does.

Mieze

Ok. Would you mind telling me which version linux you took this code from? That way I can cross-reference the changes that have been made.

Ok. Would you mind telling me which version linux you took this code from? That way I can cross-reference the changes that have been made.

Take a look at the Linux source files inside the project. At the top of these files you'll find the answer on the header.

Mieze

Not working on my laptop. HP Pavilion 15-ab205ns Skylake (Device id: 10ec:8136). Ethernet detected in system preferences. It gets ip, submask, router and dns correctly, but no internet.

Tried manual configuration, same result.

Not working on my laptop. HP Pavilion 15-ab205ns Skylake (Device id: 10ec:8136). Ethernet detected in system preferences. It gets ip, submask, router and dns correctly, but no internet.

Tried manual configuration, same result.

If the interface successfully manages to acquire an IP address via DHCP the driver is working properly. In case you still haven't internet access, search somewhere else but a driver issue can be ruled out almost certainly.

Mieze

Good afternoon, Mieze... Thanks for your answer...

This is the log when is detected by your kext...

May 31 20:47:43 iMac com.apple.kextd[43]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext"
May 31 20:47:43 iMac com.apple.kextd[43]: kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext"
May 31 20:47:43 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Warning: PCIe ASPM enabled.
May 31 20:47:43 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: EEE support enabled.
May 31 20:47:43 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: TCP/IPv4 segmentation offload enabled.
May 31 20:47:43 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.
May 31 20:47:43 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Using interrupt mitigate value 0x0.
May 31 20:47:43 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: RTL8101E: (Chipset 0) at 0x<ptr>, 70:5a: f:19:94:5c
May 31 20:48:16 iMac kernel[0]: Ethernet [RealtekRTL8100]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, flow-control

It's correct? Or something fails?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD

Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver. 

With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.

This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).

Supported cards are:

- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
       - sound blaster 512
       - sound blaster 256
       - other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
       - sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
       - sound blaster Audigy 2  and audigy 2 zs series
       - E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
       - Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
       - Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
       - other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)

NOT supported cards:

- Any ISA Sound card
       - ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
       - CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
       - Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
       - Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
       - Any sound blaster recon3D
       - Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
       - Any sound blaster AE5 series

In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:

- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards

- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip) 

- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)

- added support to sample rate changing and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards are limited to 176,4 khz because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for such cards) 

- added boot args to manage the driver:

Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x  
      - created a script file to use with the driver for installing the driver and also to load/unload, update, repolace it and it's libraries.

What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:

- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,

- have audio inputs working,

- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,

- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out

If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.

link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
               - download from the downloads section:          kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01                                                                                    - external download:                                      https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip   link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script):              - download:                                                   https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip   Source code from Git Hub:          -  github repo:                                               https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver   NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions or to do other kind of hpet mods to run the driver properly, but only on some systems, most systems should not require it  

• By Abz79
      up guys,
      I've been hockintoshing for a long while, since Leopard to be exact and last week I replaced my Nvidia 9600GT with a brand new 1050 Ti...
      I have a Lion and El Capitan both were running fine before the 1050 Ti arrived, I read that my new Geforce needs new drivers that are readily supported by Sierra and High sierra.
      So I deleted Capitano and installed High Sierra 10.13 using Niresh distro. All went well and smooth and all my hardware was recognized the only problem left is this:
      My Nvidia driver "WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121" installs well with SIP enabled (aka 0x0 with clover) and after reboot the system is perfect with Nvidia web driver running fine
      However after rebooting the Default slow OSX graphics driver is loaded and stays that way until I resinstall the web driver....

It's very annoying, I just can't make it work, I've been reading posts and tutorials for more that a week, nothing works, help is needed

Things I've tried already:
      1. Boot using different clover revisions as old as 3911 and as new as 3509 (the latest)
      2. Tried with clover in the EFI partion and/or Boot partition
      3. Tried using different combos of nvda_drv,, nvidia webdriver, inject stuff (all possible combos in boot and graphics settings)
      4. Tried all available kext (Lilu, Nvidia fixup, Nvidiaegpusupport, NVlibvalfix..) single and combos - in clover kext folder and L/E folder
      5. Tried all different NVram recommendation - problem persisted even when nvram.plist is present or not
      6. Tried running the postscripts from the driver installer pkg
      7. Tried installing the driver via webdriver.sh
      8. Fixing permissions and what not
      And maybe other stuff that I forgot

Things to note:
      When the graphics web driver loads fine KCPM kext utility works fine too but when the default driver is loaded KPCM warns that B0 and B1 SIP options are not enabled even though they are when I test csrutil status
      So I'm somehow thinking of a bug in Clover not applying the SIP restrictions correctly
      I don't know what happens when the driver is reinstalled that makes it work after reboot for 1 time only (I've went through all the pre post scripts in the installer and didn't find anything magical)

It seems nothings works except reinstalling the driver - nothing else matters
      I'm almost pulling my hair - haven't faced such a problem since a very long time
      Any advice is greatly appreciated

Abz
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      This driver is a mod of the popular kx audio driver for mac os x, the project goal is to still maintaining it for the future releases of mac os and to include as much cards as possible and to get all the features of the cards to work.

Currently the only features not supported are audio inputs and integrated midi and synth capabilitues of the cards, and some minor things like creative remote controllers or software controlled volume gears on creative external drives and bays)

It supports most the sound blaster live! series cards, the sound blaster PCI 512, most of the audigy (emu 10k2 based) series, audigy 1, audigy 2, audigy 2 zs, audigy 4 (SB0610), audigy 4 pro, audigy 5 and audigy rx (sb1550) and some e-mu edsp audio cards with all the recent versions of mac os, tested to work with mac os yosemite, el capitan, sierra and high sierra on intel based machines from socket 775 to 1151 (including enthusiast platforms like x58, x79, x99, x299) and also confirmed to work on mac pros.

reference topic:

Kx audio driver mod [sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]
    • By ivanagui2
      VMQemuVGA display adapter driver for OSx86 running as a VirtualBox guest. The binary should work on all OSs from Snow Leopard up to Yosemite 10.10. It allows to set different screen resolutions in VirtualBox from System Preferences.   The changes I've made to the fork have been minimal.
      GitHub project page Binary and source releases Special thanks:
      PureDarwin
      probonopd
      rafirafi
      Zenith432
      VMware, Inc