Installing OSX Lion (10.7) on a GA-965p-DS4 PC

Nadav

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I have an old PC, that has a GA-965p-DS4 motherboard

with 2GB of Ram and Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Will it work with OSX Lion - Using a USB stick will be much better if It will work with this machine :)

B.t.w : Its going to be a machine for a little iWork, work :D and especially Internet work.. ;)

Thanks,

Nadav.

1. download this app and take a screenshot and post here https://copy.com/YWsKVGklitCo1SGe

2. try install this to your  PC to make a USBinstaller with app Lion: Virtualbox  http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/02/lion-virtualbox.html

Cant I start by installing Lion as my main system?

B.t.w I have to fix something in my power supply and that's why all I wrote is a basic knowledge about this machine..

well, you can, but only know if all is working ok :P  if you install it  :D  

Installing on VMWare and as Main system

is the same process?

What I'm trying to ask is :

if I will have for example error 98, I wont get a different error / or no errors when instaling it as main?

Thx, Nadav.

It should be OK. I had everything working on my old GA-965P-S3. The only difference I see with the DS4 is a slightly different model of Marvell LAN (8056 vs 8053). That shouldn't be an issue.

AppleHDA can be patched for the ALC883 and the Marvel LAN works with an injector kext.

It should be OK. I had everything working on my old GA-965P-S3. The only difference I see with the DS4 is a slightly different model of Marvell LAN (8056 vs 8053). That shouldn't be an issue.

AppleHDA can be patched for the ALC883 and the Marvel LAN works with an injector kext.

The ports I'm going to use are :

DVI

USB

Ethernet 

thats all :D

B.t.w : can you help me a little bit, do you have Skype?