Intel HD 3000 Artifafcts

Hackintosher1

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

and thank you for reading my post! I have a really frustrating issue which ruins my hackintosh experience: graphic artifacts. I have had this issue since I did the clean vanilla install of OS X 10.9 on my Asus laptop (specs at bottom). Sometimes it doesn't appear at all and you may think its gone but no -  shortly after all of the screen is covered with white, green and purple squares and stripes. Theres also some actions that are more likely to bring artifacts, like playing YouTube-videos in Safari/Chrome, opening files with preview app, switching to fullscreen (some apps) and opening many tabs in Safari (over 10).

And also when I don't touch the computer in a while and then begin to use, it freezes for 2-3 seconds and goes back to normal, why is that?

I hope that you can help me with this issue, its quite frustrating.

Heres an image of what it usually lookes like

My boot loader is Clover v2444 with this config

Asus X54C-SX099V:

2,2 GHz Intel Core i3 (Sandy Bridge)

Intel HD Graphics 3000

6 GB DDR RAM

Thank you,

Hackintosher1

@hack please post a Darwin Dumper report and your folder EFI, I take a look to you if have any issue anormal.

Try this to test :http://computersclarified.blogspot.ro/2012/02/fix-for-intel-hd-graphics-3000-glitches.html

I have tried it, fan control doesn't solve this.

Here is EFI folder and Darwin Dumper.

Can you boot in UEFI mode with that notebook? I've had similar problems while booting in legacy mode with Clover but they disappear in UEFI.

Currently Im booting in legacy, I couldn't get UEFI to work on it.

hi @Hackintosher, I patch your DSDT and inject your graphics and all usuals patches, look if this work to you, if you have problem to boot, try this flag -v DSDT=/aaaa

attachicon.gifPatched.zip

First of thanks to you! Didn't solve my issue but interesting results:

I couldn't boot to desktop (stopped at last pic) but I took pictures of what seemed to be the problem. Something about frame buffer is mentioned in the first pic. Have a look:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

All of the images are taken on same boot, different times.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just in case anyone has this problem with clover you can solve it by adding "slide=0" as boot arg in clover config file.

I tried this option. No use. Ultimately i found a solution from this forum. 

1. I changed my EDID using FixEDID app.

2. Using retina display menu.

3. Changed resolution from 1366 x 768 to 1360 x 768.

Now no freezes no screen artefacts. 

Try above and enjoy.

FixEDID-2.3.2.zip

RetinaDisplayMenu.zip