P6t Deluxe V2 and 10.8.3

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have successfully installed 10.8.3 on my asus p6t deluxe v2.

It took a lot of trial and error to get the sound and the network working and thanks to posts on this forum I was able to get both working in 10.8.3,  I CANNOT get either to work in 10.8.5.

Current system specs.

i7 975 Extreme overclocked to 4.1ghz

16gb DDR-3 1333

2 Nvidia GTX 760's

As of right now this is my install process.

I use ##### to install 10.8.3,  I do not have to use any boot flags during the install process.  Once ML is installed I boot back to ##### and boot the installation once again without needing any boot flags.

I then install the necessary Kexts for 10.8.3 for the audio and the network.

Now here is where my trouble comes in.  I have tried to install Chimera and I have also tried to install Chameleon bootloaders and both give me issues.

Is there a modified version for the p6t deluxe v2 that I need to be using.

I found a DSDT for my board with the 975 and I placed it into the Extras folder and it boots fine when I boot from #####.  Still cannot get it to boot with an actual bootloader.

Any tips from some of the experts?

Thanks Fabio,  I was able to get everything working.  I am actually downloading Mavericks from the app store right now. I think I am going to give that a shot just worried about ethernet and audio.   Thinking maybe I can use the same kexts from the links you posted maybe. 

Mavericks installed and fully functional.  The kext for Ethernet works, I found a pre patched audio kext that worked just fine.