XFX HD7870 on Mavericks

Cor3_

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a problem that looks as follows: My HD 7870 won't be recognized as a Graphics Card no matter what I do. I tried the DSDT Injection, a whole lot of framebuffers, even patched ones, and it still doesnt work. I can use one out of 2 DVI Ports, can't play any games and can't check the temps any more either. I have an IOReg here: https://hostr.co/HtsmByc1hCjz , the card sits at NPE3@3/display@0. When injected it sits at PEGP/GFX0 but doesn't work, it gives me a white screen for a second and then nothing. (At least with Aji, Chutoro and Hamachi framebuffers) The Default ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer lets me boot but doesn't help with performance. The FB-Rotate app doesn't do anything.

Did you install any modified AMD kexts except the ones you patched yourself to try new framebuffers? That could be the explanation, because you don't need those with a 7870.

From your ioreg I remember seeing some kext duplicates in /System/Library/Extensions and Chameleon's Extra folder. Make sure there are no conflicts and I would recommend you to keep all of them in /S/L/E, as some kexts cannot be injected anyway without proper dependencies.

Can you summarize what you have tried so far and what has (partially) worked?

I haven't installed Chameleon to the HDD yet. I'm booting from the installer.

Haven't installed anything but what I patched myself (DSDT.aml + AMD7000Controller.kext). 

No DSDT, no Kext-mods, GE=no: Boots up, no accel.

No DSDT, no Kext-mods, GE=yes: Boots up, black screen.

DSDT, no Kext-mods, GE=yes/no: Boots up, black screen.

DSDT, Kext-mods, GE=yes/no: Varies from FB to FB, no accel though.

No DSDT, Kext-mods, GE=yes/no: Can't really remember, pretty sure that there was no accel though.